Safe to color or highlight hair during pregnancy?

sunshine911

Hi mummies,

Just discovered that i m preggy.. maybe in my 4 th weeks. But I had already fixed an appointment next week to color my hair... Some grey hair are showing up .. but now i m in a dilemma as i m not sure it is ok for the bb.. Can anyone please advise?

PTB7476

Hi mummies,

Just discovered that i m preggy.. maybe in my 4 th weeks. But I had already fixed an appointment next week to color my hair... Some grey hair are showing up .. but now i m in a dilemma as i m not sure it is ok for the baby.. Can anyone please advise?
surf net and found that the chemical is harmful for the developing fetus....so i too resist color my hair :eek:10: so my way of hiding the grey hair is using think hair band

minako85

Hi mummies,

Just discovered that i m preggy.. maybe in my 4 th weeks. But I had already fixed an appointment next week to color my hair... Some grey hair are showing up .. but now i m in a dilemma as i m not sure it is ok for the baby.. Can anyone please advise?
Hey, I think it's nt very safe to colour ur hair during first trimester or even during pregnancy. Initially I also wanted to make an app to dye hair but when I told my stylist I'm pregnant he say he can't do it for mE cuz it's nt safe...

So I think better not...

ling.er

Hi mummies,

Hi Sunshine mummy

I tink cancel ur appoitnment better .. As those chemical is harmful for baby.. If u wana Dye i think wait till u give birth & after confinement.. I also bear from 1st trim to nw ^^ .. .. :wong19:

P4nic

Dear all

i read from Mother & Baby, there is this new semi-perm hair colours for expectant mums to use one.. it is made up from organic tea extracts and free from chemicals such as ammonia and parapheylenediamine. But this dye will prob last only up to 8 weeks.. i haven check out the price yet.. there are 29 shades to choose from..

i also check with my gynae she said its ok for expecting mummies or bf mummies to use organic hair dyes. so before u go dye hair.. check out the salons 1st and the type of dyes they used.

i m planning to check out that organic dye 1st but heard not very cheap for organic dye.. once i got the info.. i update u all again k.

PTB7476

Dear all

i read from Mother & Baby, there is this new semi-perm hair colours for expectant mums to use one.. it is made up from organic tea extracts and free from chemicals such as ammonia and parapheylenediamine. But this dye will prob last only up to 8 weeks.. i have not check out the price yet.. there are 29 shades to choose from..

i also check with my gynae she said its ok for expecting mummies or bf mummies to use organic hair dyes. so before you go dye hair.. check out the salons 1st and the type of dyes they used.

i m planning to check out that organic dye 1st but heard not very cheap for organic dye.. once i got the info.. i update you all again k.
Cool let me know you have more information

P4nic

hehe i will call up the hotline this afternoon to check on the price :)
Hopefully not too ex lo.. i think u can either dye it in that salon or u buy home DIY.. the salon at wheelock leh.. so i tink not cheap lo. Its a MedaVita product~

P4nic

Ammonia-free hair colour costs about the same as those that contain ammonia and most salons would typically charge about $95 onwards for a dye job using ammonia-free colour.

You could consider cheaper drugstore options such as L'Oreal Paris' DIY colour range, Casting. This ammonia-free dye is available at all major personal care stores and costs $18.90.

Last edited:

P4nic

Oh.. i just called them up.. they said this dye cannot be used DIY coz u need the rights to use them.. so can only go down to the salons.

They gave me some salons..

The one at wheelock #05-8A Tel 62206948
The one at Ngee Ann #05-26 Tel 67346776
These two branch are the same salon.. but i din catch the name. According to the lady.. the price starts at $85 for just dyeing of hair. i think this price is for short hair one.. usually they go by hair length.

Another one (which i m staying nearby).. is at Bt Merah Central
Blk 162 #02-3541 Tel 62763498
I m hoping this will be cheaper ba.. coz it is kind of neighbourhood type of salon.

If any of u will like to enquire those salons nearer to ur place, u may call 62788456 to get the details.

P4nic

does your hubby believe this is harmless to the fetus ?
My hubby heard it from gynae himself.. that it is ok so long that it is organic.. he does help me go to organic stores to ask for hair dyes but many of them say no sell coz the rights is very expensive although the cost price is sama as the normal hair dye.

PTB7476

My hubby heard it from gynae himself.. that it is ok so long that it is organic.. he does help me go to organic stores to ask for hair dyes but many of them say no sell coz the rights is very expensive although the cost price is sama as the normal hair dye.
hmm...ok let me go ask my gynae :p else knowingly my husband he wont believe :tlaugh:he will definitely ask me to ren :tlaugh:

CherylTan

Dear all

i read from Mother & Baby, there is this new semi-perm hair colours for expectant mums to use one.. it is made up from organic tea extracts and free from chemicals such as ammonia and parapheylenediamine. But this dye will prob last only up to 8 weeks.. i have not check out the price yet.. there are 29 shades to choose from..

i also check with my gynae she said its ok for expecting mummies or bf mummies to use organic hair dyes. so before you go dye hair.. check out the salons 1st and the type of dyes they used.

i m planning to check out that organic dye 1st but heard not very cheap for organic dye.. once i got the info.. i update you all again k.
whoa. Didn't know thrs such thgy. Thks for this info though:)

shopaholic

I think this question has been asked many times. Whether we can colour, perm, rebond etc... Honestly, I think the best person to ask is your gynae because no matter who tell you what, you may still hv your doubts. Even so, go with your instincts. If you really feel uncomfortable to proceed, then dont do it. For me, my gynae gave me the clearance after the 1st trimester and I went ahead to colour my hair. No probs.