sahm, wat to cook for lunch/ dinner?

kym

One way to steam fish without fishy smell, season the fish with ginger juice and cooking wine (prefer chinese rice wine like the one we used during confinement). after steam, season with soya sauce and crispy onion.

klearad

take your time...with more practise, im sure your cooking will improve...
below are some of the dishes i always cook...cook n eat until sianz............

-stew chicken w/ potato, carrot n mushroom
-sesame chicken
-kong pao chicken
-black pepper chicken
-lemon chicken
-teriyaki chicken
-japanese curry chicken
-steam chicken with wolfberries, dang-gui n yu-zhu

-fried lean meat (pork)
-stir-fry lean meat (pork) w/ potato
-mini belly in black sauce

-brocoli in oyster sauce
-stir-fry kailan w ginger slices
-french bean with minced meat
-stir-fry xiao bai cai
-spinach w/ mushroom in oyster sauce
-cabbage w/ mocked abalone

-claypot tofu
-steam minced meat w/ egg tofu n crabmeat stick
-salad prawns
-sweet n sour prawns
-potato n hotdog in tomato sauce
-steamed egg w/ minced meat
-egg omettle w/ chicken ham n cheese
-fried rice
-soup yi-mee

-lotus root n peanuts soup
-pig trotters n black bean soup
-wintermelon w/ red dates soup
-watercress soup
-kao-ki soup
-tofu fishball soup
-vege soup
-yong tau fu soup
-old cucmber soup
-herbal chicken soup (the herbal ingredients are readily packed)

i seldom cook fish coz i dont quite like fish n i dont know how to cook...so whenever we eat outside, will always have some fish dishes for my kids...
Woah, thats a lot of dishes. You sure know how to cook. Do you hold cooking sessions for Mummysg.com mummies to learn how to cook at your place? I would love to join if have.

Im too sian to cook after doing housework chores and taking care of my daughter. My hubby cooks instead.

klearad

Urm, at the moment no kids so hard to say if they'll complain or if the kitchen menu will stay the same as it is now. Before I got pregnant, weekends are massive cooking days where I'll try to cook things like asam laksa, curry mee, char siew, siew yoke, claypot chicken rice, keropok lekor, onde-onde, and all those yummy nyonya snacks, and etc - a bit difficult sometimes because I have to look like crazy for the ingredients.

On normal days, I'll vary the menu - sometimes Asian, sometimes European, sometimes mixed. I have made things

- Ginger beef with spring onions
- Stir fry veg (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, etc)
- Blanched veg with oyster sauce
- ABC soup
- Spare rib & dried veg soup
- Fish ball soup
- Egg & beans in tomato sauce with mince
- Tzaziki
- Tajine
- Quiche (different flavours)
- Stuffed pastries (tuna & mushroom pastry, etc, etc)
- Yau mei fan (Fragrant rice - variation of the claypot chicken rice)
- Fried rice (of all sorts)
- Noodles & soup (of all sorts)
- Mee hoon kueh/pan mee
- Tuna teriyaki
- Sambal petai with prawns/sotong
- Pasta (of all sorts)
- Moussaka
- Lasagna

I seldom cook seafood because 1) seafood here is too expensive and 2) it's frozen. But if I were back at home, I would do things like steamed fish with crispy ginger strips & light soya sauce or even pan fried fish with sambal. YUM!

Of course sometimes we'll have dessert in the form of cookies, cakes or whatever I feel like making.

Now that I'm nearing my due date and belly is big and cumbersome, I still make some of the "tough" dishes from scratch but not regularly anymore - made some profiteroles/cream puffs the other day plus asam laksa for my husband's birthday. And our dinners are simple coz my husband will take over and cook sometimes. Today am planning to have curry chicken with pratha and pappadums for dinner. Lunch? Not too sure yet. HAHAHAHA.

Where do I get ideas? Mostly from recipe books, online websites and cravings! ^^
Well, our family eat vegetables most of the time, mostly cooked with natural ingredients such as ginger, onion, garlic, sesame seeds with very little salt or other condiments.

Hee your hubby and bb are so fortunate as you know how to make a lot of dishes. Before my pregnancy, I hold baking sessions with my friends for a few times. Enjoyed those times tremendously... Miss it...

Triquetra

Used to bake and cook a lot when I was in US cause it's really v expensive to eat out and surprisingly some of the ingredients there are cheaper than here in Singapore.

I always try out the recipes from allrecipes.com, will also make sure to read the comments before trying out.

But now cannot le, no time and no cookwares or bakewares.
Hubby loves xiao long bao but I don't know how to make :(