scallops & small silver fish as porridge stock everyday

xicloudix

I try to avoid salt as much as I could .. But that's just me.. I think your son rejects porridge coz he's used to tasty porridge? How old is your son now? Maybe you can try introducing other things? Such as kway teow soup? You can cook the kway teow in chix stock with sliced fish and some veggies.

Orange vegetables contain beta-carotene. It can cause skin to turn yellow/orange. A bit is fine. dont't overdoes. :p

He is around 6mths 1-2 week now...

i started when he was around 5 mths 3 weeks, only let him taste taste nv feed everyday... it was around 6mths i feed him everday... he learn to eat bit by bit abt 1 week+ when he can eat around 2 tablespoon , then he suddenly totally he reject... i was still using the same thing to cook, except removing the carrot...

so i dun know whether its due to no carrot or??? but i dun think its the carrot... can't pin point where is the problem.... after he reject he wanna drink milk instead... he can drink his full bottle or even more milk than usual... so confirm he is hungry, but why he dun wan porridge??

even cereal also dun wan... so now stop temp, feeding milk only now... let him rest and try again..

diymummy

My son was like this when he was teething. Eat few mouths then reject his solids.. Sometimes reject completely. This lasted abt 1-2 weeks before he went back to normal.

I think you should still cook a small portion and keep trying. I also realised my son could accept the solids better if it was slightly cooler than his usual intake of porridge.

I didn't use teething gel but I know some parents do. Maybe you can try that?

xicloudix

My son was like this when he was teething. Eat few mouths then reject his solids.. Sometimes reject completely. This lasted about 1-2 weeks before he went back to normal.

I think you should still cook a small portion and keep trying. I also realised my son could accept the solids better if it was slightly cooler than his usual intake of porridge.

I didn't use teething gel but I know some parents do. Maybe you can try that?

yaya!! thats what my mother in law says, he is teething!.... same, he eat a few mouths only, and totally reject... u give him eat he gag on it...

i tried cooler porridge already, he also dun want... i stop every 2 days and try again... so trying tomolo again ^^

and i notice sometimes for milk, he wanna wait till abit cooler then drink also... unless he is very hungry...

meiteoh

Chances are he's teething as well. I don't really encourage the use of teething gel because it's an LA and contains drugs but would instead suggest that you try offering teething rusks, cool teethers and finger foods. Warm or hot items actually hurts and inflames the gums even more which is why babies who are teething love cold items. No harm in giving them these. :)

Re scallops and ikan bilis, I have yet to give these to Eva even though she's 15 months old because 1) the salt content is phenomenal even after washing, 2) I don't know the conditions as to how they were made (if you have seen how they traditionally make ikan bilis, you won't touch it at all!) and 3) seafood like shellfish (scallops) and some sea fish are considered highly allergenic so prefer to wait till she's older.

mb can try red dates and soya beans to make the stock. what i used to do was to roast the washed ikan bilis and have them ground to powder form, and sprinkle into the porridge just before u turn off the fire.

The grounded ikan bilis can be kept in the fridge.

Mama_Mel

YES! it is very salty for a 8mth old (i saw from another thread that your son is 8mth old). dear son is 16mth old, and he still have not try dried scallops porridge cos i feel that it's too salty. We adults dont feel that it is salty but to babies, their tastebud is very sensitive.

I've been cooking homemade stock for dear son's porridge. Use chk bones to cook chk stock, Ikan bilis stock.. but most of the time, we use chk stock. sometimes will use pumpkin to let the porridge taste abit sweet. =)
Hi Apollo, May i know how to do the Chicken Bones and Ikan Bilis stock?? THKS :wong19:

apollo

my mum will buy the chk drumsticks from wet market, asked the uncle to sepeate the bones n meat. the bones i will cook with wolfberries and red dates for few hrs, and pour into the ice cubes, cover the lid and send to the freezer. next day pop them all into freezer bag and put bk into the freezer. each time will use 2-3 cubes. usually will wait for the porridge (or other foods) to boil den i will throw in the cubes.

ikan bilis, same thing, use the ikan bilis to boil.. =)

Mama_Mel

my mum will buy the chk drumsticks from wet market, asked the uncle to sepeate the bones n meat. the bones i will cook with wolfberries and red dates for few hours, and pour into the ice cubes, cover the lid and send to the freezer. next day pop them all into freezer bag and put back into the freezer. each time will use 2-3 cubes. usually will wait for the porridge (or other foods) to boil then i will throw in the cubes.

ikan bilis, same thing, use the ikan bilis to boil.. =)
Tks Apollo :001_302:!
Can help to advise my thread for Help! How to do stock food for 9mths old baby.

Tks alot :Dancing_wub: