Scared baby closer to in-laws?

shaylin

It has happened to me already. My 4 month old baby doesn't seem to regconise me as his mummy anymore. My mother in law is his mummy. :(

Ever since we started living with my mil, my baby has been growing distant from me. I am working so the only time I see my baby is after work. And even then I sometimes don't even get to carry my baby because my mil or sisinlaw want to play with him. The only time I get to carry him is when I breastfeed him.

And now in the past few days he has even refused to breastfeed from me! Only want my mil to feed him from the bottle.

When I try to catch his attention by singing songs or making funny faces (which used to make him laugh), he just look away and look for my mil. When my in law family notices that, they will laugh and say "oh baby doesn't want his mummy. ". Like it is very funny, while my heart is broken.

I am very very sad and heartbroken now. Breastfeeding was the only and ultimate bonding time for us, and he doesn't even want that with me anymore. I am no longer his mummy, my mil is.

Asphere

i am not sure if this is true some old folks will say dun let the baby to look into the mirror as they will recg ppl.
for me is my mom is looking after my boy day n nite i only look after him during evening till i slp.. my boy is okie with anyone and everyone haha.. :)

I gues you should let more ppl to carry your kid so the kid will not be too attached to only 1 :)