'SEASONED' SAHMs

jasobias

SAHMs will have ups and downs, just like working life. Happen that our duties are 24/7, without much break. I look forward to weekends when my hubby can bring me OUT of the house! :)

I try to 'connect' to the world via keeping in touch with my ex colleagues and friends through MSN, Skype and Facebook. And now, reading and writing on Mummysg.forum. Tried to organise friends gathering at least once a month. I find talking to adults important, else constant kids language and kids talk drives me a little crazy at times.

At times, I feel im confined in my house... so I will try to get out of home and escape to mum's place or to library or to shopping mall with my baby. Conversations with hubby has been mainly on our baby, but we will try to talk on other topics.
ya i hate being confined at home.Rather drag all my kids out with me.Swimming or just walk ard mall or go out lunch or tea.Weekends sometimes i use to chill at home instead coz weekday all the time go out n somemore weekends everywhere so crowded.

klearad

ya i hate being confined at home.Rather drag all my kids out with me.Swimming or just walk around mall or go out lunch or tea.Weekends sometimes i use to chill at home instead coz weekday all the time go out n somemore weekends everywhere so crowded.

Wow you are very capable! You can bring 3kids out together! :) 1 Baby gal for me is enough le... I carry her with Sarong Sling till my back and wrists are painful if I walk for long periods with her :p

drmoomoo

I really admire the 'seasoned' SAHMs here.. Have resigned from my job since preggie and now taking care of my baby gal... Sometimes I really feel quite tied down at home... feeling bored and worried about financial issues. Currently considering whether i should go out and work again... but there is no one to take care of my gal...

Domique

i am in same situation as u... just gotta wait till he can go ccc.

:)

I really admire the 'seasoned' SAHMs here.. Have resigned from my job since preggie and now taking care of my baby gal... Sometimes I really feel quite tied down at home... feeling bored and worried about financial issues. Currently considering whether i should go out and work again... but there is no one to take care of my gal...

snowbear

How old is your bb gal? Actually once your baby becomes more responsive, life wun be so boring anymore. I love spending the whole day with my darling coz she's just sooo adorable! And watching her learn and pick up things I teach her just make my day. :001_302: I do worry about finances too but we just scrimp and save whenever we can. Being able to be there for my darling in her growing up years is a privilege that I treasure.

drmoomoo

How old is your baby gal? Actually once your baby becomes more responsive, life wun be so boring anymore. I love spending the whole day with my darling coz she's just sooo adorable! And watching her learn and pick up things I teach her just make my day. :001_302: I do worry about finances too but we just scrimp and save whenever we can. Being able to be there for my darling in her growing up years is a privilege that I treasure.
My gal is two months old... crying and screaming most of the time (other than sleeping...) :eek: Looking forward for the day she will be more responsive... :001_302:

jasobias

Wow you are very capable! You can bring 3kids out together! :) 1 Baby gal for me is enough ... I carry her with Sarong Sling till my back and wrists are painful if I walk for long periods with her :p
u can one also lah.Must needs alot of determination.First few times u may feel abit "scared".I remember how i used to bring my eldest son out as a baby.Take bus carry him(abt 1 month onwards lah) then stroller slung over shoulder..wa lau eh..thinking abt it i wonder how i did it also..hahah..then after a while can get used to it.Coz if u keep thinking aiyoh so difficult this n tht that will forever hold u back.Actually if its just u n baby its very shiok to take baby out.Can bond while outside also show her stuff..try lah.

jasobias

Gd tht u r taking care of baby on ur own.Finances can always still be juggled n planned but babies ah grow up so fast..time lost is time lost for gd.
Take her out jalan jalan.Even to the mall.Dont buy anything lah..just window shop like wht i wld do.Also while u r out it takes ur mind off things.When i stay home all i can think of is..aiyoh need to do this need to do tht!Outside r my chores r out of sight out of mind..hehhehe

diymummy

Think all you sahm are really great. I wish I had the guts to be a sahm. Hehehe. Thumbs up to all of you!

jasobias

Any Sahms that have been managing the household and kids without a maid for many years by now?
Yup..me 8 yrs already man..hmmm..no maid no help n now 3 kids
How do you manage boredom? The housework never seems to end. At times I do feel it is such a 'waste' to stay at home for so many years.
I dont really get bored as there is tonnes to do.I can be quite a cleanaholic.Or i spend my time reading(while feeding baby milk..hehhe),watch tv n then i take out my kids alot.Sometimes i go to the movies or clubbing etc.
Do your hbs show appreciation and affection openly or has been taking you for granted over the years?
Ya he knows i rule the house.Everything!Fr kids schools to finances..his job is to work bring home the bacon n when he comes back fr work,help with household chores n spend time with kids.He is quite a homebody who likes cooking n stuff so he likes it.I am gd at planning n organising.Different areas so we make the best of it.

Do you feel like reverting back to working society at time but feeling anxious?
hmmm.havent really given a tot.But given my personality i adapt pretty easily so i wldnt worry my head abt it.When it comes to the bridge i will cross it.

Do you feel unbalanced at times when pple deem whoever bringing back the bacon as more respectable, more say?
Ya they dare say tht to me i will kick them to the moon..hahhah.
I run my household well.N since i do the finances as well i am the BOSS!Pple never do say tht abt me.They know i am well educated n tht i am looking after kids on my own.More than often i get more respect.

Do you feel that being at home, it means everything needs to be handled by us definitely as 'we are the one staying at home what!'??
Nope.Housework shared between me n family.We all have different areas tht we r "in charge " of at home so its all well.

Dont feel sad lah.I understand it can be difficult at times.Do wht makes u happy.Its not all fun n games staying at home.No fixed eating time.Continuous stuff to be done etc.. but imagine this..without u doing all tht the house will be in chaos!U r the queen of the house..rule the way u deem fit..cheer up!!

jo_71

im a stay at home mum for the past 10 years. when my girl turns 4, i quit my job to look after her. as i cant trust my mother in law!! But Im started to feel bored nowsaday. My girl grown up and Im so sian staying at home...But still prefer to be A stay at home mum rather to go out to work again.hehehe. Try to find more friends, tats why im joining this site. but i find that alots of mummy here hving babies instead of teenage. :shyxxx:
Hi, I am a full stay at home mum for around 7 years. Before that, I work short-term or contract base, then when my second dear daughter around 1 i quit my job. I have 4 children age 11,8,5 and 2. I also have a maid to assist me when i do all the bringing and fetching of my children going n back from school etc. Life is very busy for me. I do sometimes surf the net, watch some drama series from internet whenever all my children sleep. Just to de-stress, and relax.