Seat in MRT

nora23

Hi, I also don't quite get seats often. Even from men! Once, I was standing right in front of a man, he wasn't even sleeping, was looking at my tummy and trying so hard to turn to his sides n pretend not to see. He was seated at the priority seat! haha

Haiz...(shake head)...

iwan2noe

Hi All,
I know that this is a boring topic, but can't help posting this thread.

For the last few days, I've not been given a seat in the morning train. 2 well dressed lady (one looks foreign, perhaps filipina,the othe local), just started and pretend to e busy with phone, Ipod or paper. Looking back, so far, the men are the one who being giving up their seat to me.

Frankly,each morning, I dont't except a seat when I board the train.I mean, if you want to give, give it up willingly. I'm not begging you to give me the seat. Twice, I encouter the person giving up seat asking me : Do you want to sit (while still sitting down) in a rather unwilling tone. So my reply was no, and wait till near by people get down before taking the seat. Worse still, one of them actually alight one station later from her question.

Years back, while having my elder dear daughter, my colleagues (then also preggy) and I noticed that the East side / line have more people giving up their seats as compare to the North side/line.

But now, I think it just happen on all the lines as my sis also saw similiar situation on the east line and SMS me if people got give me seat.
Not sure if any moms also share the same experience.

:nah:Not sure if any moms shared similar thoughts.
Hi alls,

Ya, though I am currently in my 4th month, when I was on a crowded MRT cabin, no one bother to give up their seat to me. I only met 1 kind middle age lady who gave up her seat to me on the LRT at CCK(i was also carrying quite a few bags)
I don't know le, maybe I dont look too 'pregnant' in my dressing?I usually give up my seat to either elderly or preggies.. even if when I am currently pregnant..saw a pregnant woman who is in a more advance stage of pregnancy so i gave up my seat..she looked quite unwell so i think since i was still feeling ok, i rather give up my seat to her , esp so when the bus i was on is so packed.

What really turned me off are those , esp guys who rushed to occupy a seat instead of graciously letting a pregnant lady have an empty seat. So ungentlemanly!:nah:

WinnieL

i'm also in my 4th month of pregnancy, and depending what i wear, the tummy can be seen, though not too obvious sometimes. so i can understand if people can't tell whether i'm pregnant or not, and don't offer their seats to me. but it's quite sickening to see an elderly or pregnant lady or woman with kids get onto the mrt/bus, and not a single person gives up the seat, and pretends to sleep, sms or play game.

i had a funny experience recently, when i took mrt to see gynae. there were no seats, so i ended up standing in front of this guy who was seated and talking on his phone. after a while, he kept looking up at me and my tummy. think he was trying to decide whether i was pregnant or not. then he asked whether i wanted to sit. i was going to get off the train in a few stops anyway, plus it was the morning, so i declined.

then a mother & daughter got onto the train, and someone else gave up their seat for them. again this guy looked at me. i can just imagine his brain juices churning and wondering 'is she pregnant?'. then he tried offering his seat again. but i was going to get off in 2 stops, so again, i declined.

i think it's quite funny when you're in your early stages of pregnancy, and people keep looking at you funny. you just know they're wondering whether you're pregnant. :tlaugh:

Jenni

Hi All,

Currently, I was 6 mths and my tummy is very big now, I have try once i bring my ger out with me and no one even willing to give up seat to me. Some ppl saw me and faster pretent to sleep or read books.

ohstrawberry

Hiaz..... I always had the same problems.
No one is giving up the seat to me, Now at my 6th mth, my stomach so big, idiots also can tell i'm pregnant. But still when i stand in front of them, they immediately fall asleep or look elsewhere or just concentrated in reading their books or listening to their ipods.

lonerjas

sigh..... I always had the same problems.
No one is giving up the seat to me, Now at my 6th month, my stomach so big, idiots also can tell i'm pregnant. But still when i stand in front of them, they immediately fall asleep or look elsewhere or just concentrated in reading their books or listening to their ipods.
alot ppl like that de...

if i go home with my colleague, once she board the train no 1 gie sit to me rite. She will just any1 to stand up give sit to me LOL. She just say excuse me then fnger point at me the person will just stand up haha

bellerichez

sigh..... I always had the same problems.
No one is giving up the seat to me, Now at my 6th month, my stomach so big, idiots also can tell i'm pregnant. But still when i stand in front of them, they immediately fall asleep or look elsewhere or just concentrated in reading their books or listening to their ipods.

Change place. Cos u already know those people wont give up their seat. Or keep rubbing your tummy. Sure got ppl give up their seat one.

i have good and bad encounter. The ones that give their seats up to me are mainly from china or phillipines. There was once i met a lady in a very crowded bus. No one gave the seat up but it was ok to me except the fact the lady standing behind me kept pushing me and looking back at me. I got piss and push her back. She think perg woman can bully, she is wrong

bellerichez

i have good and bad encounter. The ones that give their seats up to me are mainly from china or phillipines. There was once i met a lady in a very crowded bus. No one gave the seat up but it was ok to me except the fact the lady standing behind me kept pushing me and looking back at me. I got piss and push her back. She think perg woman can bully, she is wrong
The bad one that i encounter is in NEL Train. One auntie actually shut her eyes when she saw me standing in front of her, some more is at the priority seat, then i shift to another side and one young china lady give up her seat to me. Actually i thought that china people won't give up their seats one but i was wrong.

That lady is blind or what? How come keep pushing? Tell her straight to the face "Hello, can you stop pushing?"

Callie

I was talking with my hubby in the MRT that day and this lady was standing infront of me and I was so engrossed in the talk that I didn't realised she is pregnant until 2 mins later

I jumped up and say "sorry didn't see you" and gave my seat to her.

The ironic part is,
That is that very day (2 hours later) I found out I was 5 weeks pregnant

Until now my hubby will still laugh at me and say "pregnant woman give seat to another one" LOL

bellerichez

I was talking with my hubby in the MRT that day and this lady was standing infront of me and I was so engrossed in the talk that I didn't realised she is pregnant until 2 mins later

I jumped up and say "sorry didn't see you" and gave my seat to her.

The ironic part is,
That is that very day (2 hours later) I found out I was 5 weeks pregnant

Until now my hubby will still laugh at me and say "pregnant woman give seat to another one" LOL

Haha. Ya at least u did something good. 5 week still cant see yet so if u don't give up ur seat, ppl sure say u one or even stomp u.

ArDz

Its difficult to get a seat be it in MRT or bus.
Now I'm preggie 5.5mths, even if I stand in front of those pple who are seating they heck care, pretend to be "blind" or act sleeping even though they are seated @ "PRIORITY SEAT".
Duuno y got so many uncivillised pple in Singapore .. got education but no morals.
Aniwae there's always retribution, coz there's always gonna be their turn one day.
To some kind souls, thks so much for giving me the seat, so far I come across 2 pple only.

Stan

the day before i gave birth, i stand all the way from City hall to Simei!! no one gave me a seat... I wonder sometimes may that's why give birth early!!! too tired liao.......

izanyzam

the day before i gave birth, i stand all the way from City hall to Simei!! no one gave me a seat... I wonder sometimes may that's why give birth early!!! too tired .......
Ok now that is wayyyy too much...!!!! As for my case,i think my pregnant bump sometimes makes people fall asleep immediately..There were a few cases where the minute i stand in front of those people in the priority seats,their eyes will drift from my face down to my bump and then they will doze off..!!! Like kena hypnotised..!!! So far ive only had 2 different occasions where these ladies gave up their seats for me..And both of them were aunties..And they were NOT even seated in priority seats..!!! The priority seats are normally taken up by those young "educated"-looking..Smartly dressed office workers..!!!! But on both occasions,i politely decline coz i was going to work @ the airport..So i took my MRT @ Simei and alighted at the next stop Tanah Merah before changing trains..that is only 1 station so i can tahan..:001_302:

nsync_su

Years back, while having my elder dear daughter, my colleagues (then also preggy) and I noticed that the East side / line have more people giving up their seats as compare to the North side/line.
I agree with u totally! My 1st pregnancy, i was staying in simei and i ALWAYS got a seat from all kinds of people and with a smile. Now tat im staying in woodlands.. people dun give me seats at all. Yeah, they would ask me if i wanna sit and yet they still sits. So, i would say a big no!

npoheng

my hubby & i were in the train yesterday. i was sitting on the priorty seat & hubby standing in front of me. as usual train was very packed. then this middle-age woman told me to give up my seat for an eldery man. so my hubby told her loudly"my wife is pregnant". then she apologise & said she didn't noticed that i was pregnant. endup she went over the priorty seat opposite me & told a student to give up her seat.

sometimes come to tink about it, quite funny. i wasnt being offered a seat in mrt, but i was asked to give up my seat instead.

ladies, what if you are pregnant & someone asked you to give up your seat for another pregnant woman or eldery ppl, will you do that?
Hahaha, my wife too. She was asked to give up her seat for another pregnant lady when she was coming to the end of ther second trimester. She looked at the lady and told her that she is also pregnant. lol