Seat in MRT

Ya, few times I witnessed some young guys just deprived the seats from me, well, I am 33rd weeks, quite obvious but still be ignored....:embarrassed:

Hi alls,

Ya, though I am currently in my 4th month, when I was on a crowded MRT cabin, no one bother to give up their seat to me. I only met 1 kind middle age lady who gave up her seat to me on the LRT at chua chu kang(i was also carrying quite a few bags)
I dont't know , maybe I dont look too 'pregnant' in my dressing?I usually give up my seat to either elderly or preggies.. even if when I am currently pregnant..saw a pregnant woman who is in a more advance stage of pregnancy so i gave up my seat..she looked quite unwell so i think since i was still feeling ok, i rather give up my seat to her , esp so when the bus i was on is so packed.

What really turned me off are those , esp guys who rushed to occupy a seat instead of graciously letting a pregnant lady have an empty seat. So ungentlemanly!:nah:

rains

ive seen alot of pretenders on train. either duper sleepy or suddenly become super studious. keep reading. but for few times, they will keep staring at me and my bump. never give up seat to me somemore! still dare to stare! i really wonder wats wrong wif these pple nowadays!

Ashbaby

I'm currently in my 6th month.. I travel by bus to work and the bus I took is Express 502A. this bus travels from Jurong and straight to Orchard Road via PIE (no stops until Orchard.. so good luck if you dont't get a seat!). The people who board the the bus are always the same faces. I'm really impressed with the drivers of this bus service. When I flag the bus to stop.. they will stop the bus directly infront of me even during crowded period. But the people who patronised this service.. hmmphh.. I was offered seats quite a number of times and it's by the same two ladies. Sometimes I feel bad that the same kind people have to offer their seats to me while others just doze off or read their books.

During the end of my first trimester.. I always have dizzy spells when I stand too long. One fine morning.. I had to stand all the way from Boon Lay to Lucky Plaza.. Along PIE near the Lornie Rd exit.. I was feeling dizzy and my vision was already blurred. My 2 hands was already holding on to the hand rails and I kept looking down and sweating (despite the cold air-con).. and I kept massaging my head and neck.. yet no one stood up and offered their seats to me. I was lucky that I did not fall unconscious..

There was once I had a very bad dizzy spells, just like you sweating cold sweats. I went to the P.seat and ask for the seat from the sleeping lady. I think she very embarrassed and got down the next station.

Sometimes we just have to open our mouth for the seats.

Ashbaby

ive seen alot of pretenders on train. either duper sleepy or suddenly become super studious. keep reading. but for few times, they will keep staring at me and my bump. never give up seat to me somemore! still dare to stare! i really wonder wats wrong with these pple nowadays!
Pretender means they do feel abit guilty so they find means and ways to avoid seeing us.

Those who dont even bother to pretend is worse, they just stare right at you and think that they deserve the seat more than you.

There was a young malay lady who simply continue to put on make up despite seeing me and angry stares from commuters. A guy was making an obvious coughing sound to catch hold of her attention. She simply give tt guy a black face. Later on she took out a pamphlet and start fanning herself. Total no sense of guilt. Luckily someone gave up his seat for me.

iwan2noe

Pretender means they do feel abit guilty so they find means and ways to avoid seeing us.

Those who dont even bother to pretend is worse, they just stare right at you and think that they deserve the seat more than you.

There was a young malay lady who simply continue to put on make up despite seeing me and angry stares from commuters. A guy was making an obvious coughing sound to catch hold of her attention. She simply give that guy a black face. Later on she took out a pamphlet and start fanning herself. Total no sense of guilt. Luckily someone gave up his seat for me.
Hihi,

I will be v angry even if i am the pple standing around u when i meet such non gracious lady. I will sure give up my seats to any pregnant woman, even when I was in my 1st trimester.. hehe..now that i am in my 3rd trimester, pple usually give up seat to me. EXCEPT once, when a lady acutally stare and gave me angry fierce glance when i sit on the PRIORITY seat.. haha... so irritated by pple like her! not gracious at all...

I believe in what go around comes round, so do what i always can whenever possible... u do good, u will receive good in return. Of course, when i do good, i dun expect returns and i think this is the right way to think. Else if u always do things for return, u will not be happy if u dun get any returns..hehe

Sorry abit grandma story here...

wishing all mummies a good and smooth journey of pregnancy and wish that pple out there to give seats to all expecting women!:Dancing_wub:

pkshl

during my pregnancy days, in my 2T, i was in a crowded bus & standing near the exit. this lady, very kind of her, she called me & told me to take her seat. when i was abt to move over to the seat, this young malay gal quickly sat down. i was surprised den i told the lady its ok but this kind lady gave the young malay gal a stern looked & said to her"excuse me!" & she pointed to me. the young malay gal looked at me & said "o! sorry sorry!". i told her its ok :001_302:. well, guess there r nice people ard me sometimes.

now whenever i saw pregnant ladies, i do take the initative to give up my seat & i felt happy when i do that :001_302:

temari

my stomach getting heavier now, leg started to cramp easily esp standing throughout the whole journey to work.as im quite small size, my stomach still looks small at 5mths. i stand at priority seat plp just look at my stomach then look at me then close their eyes. i started to get used to it when plp nv give up seat to me.and rather surprise when there are someone asking me to seat down.throughout these 5mths i only get to sit down 4 times like that.

xicloudix

I was taking a bus (those handicapped bus) yesterday, crowded, no space to sit... but there was ample space to stand around the handicapped area.... so i stand there, holding on to the pole infront of me.. behind me there was those horizontal poles near the glass, but i did not prefer to hold on to it as if the bus brake suddenly, my hands will also slip along the pole and have a risk of falling, so holding on to a vertical pole seems safer for me...

then a lady in her 20's boarded the bus, there was space beside me for her to stand, near the horizontal pole I mentioned, but she prefers to stand infront of me and share with me the same vertical pole I am holding on... Ok, I am fine with it, the pole does not belongs to me alone anyway...

Then my hp rang, i free my hands to answer the phone... after finishing my call (around 20 seconds only), i wanted to place my hand back onto the pole for support.... the lady had her WHOLE BODY cling onto the pole!!! there was no space for me to put even a single hand there for support!!! I was like zzzzzzz she wasn't carrying anything heavy, she is very young, 20+ only, the bus was moving smoothly and she doesn't look sick etc... 2 stops later I alight, she doesn't wants to give way too... I have to make a roundabout her to alight as she was blocking the passageway..

when i reach home, i complain to my hubby that i was "bullied" (haha) ... he ask me, why didn't i ask the lady to give me some space or speak up to make her embarrassed?? I told him, no point, anyway i have 2 more stops to go only and the road are pretty even thus the bus shouldn't be bumpy so I ignore her....

fiza

I was taking a bus (those handicapped bus) yesterday, crowded, no space to sit... but there was ample space to stand around the handicapped area.... so i stand there, holding on to the pole infront of me.. behind me there was those horizontal poles near the glass, but i did not prefer to hold on to it as if the bus brake suddenly, my hands will also slip along the pole and have a risk of falling, so holding on to a vertical pole seems safer for me...

then a lady in her 20's boarded the bus, there was space beside me for her to stand, near the horizontal pole I mentioned, but she prefers to stand infront of me and share with me the same vertical pole I am holding on... Ok, I am fine with it, the pole does not belongs to me alone anyway...

Then my hp rang, i free my hands to answer the phone... after finishing my call (around 20 seconds only), i wanted to place my hand back onto the pole for support.... the lady had her WHOLE BODY cling onto the pole!!! there was no space for me to put even a single hand there for support!!! I was like zzzzzzz she wasn't carrying anything heavy, she is very young, 20+ only, the bus was moving smoothly and she doesn't look sick etc... 2 stops later I alight, she doesn't wants to give way too... I have to make a roundabout her to alight as she was blocking the passageway..

when i reach home, i complain to my hubby that i was "bullied" (haha) ... he ask me, why didn't i ask the lady to give me some space or speak up to make her embarrassed?? I told him, no point, anyway i have 2 more stops to go only and the road are pretty even thus the bus shouldn't be bumpy so I ignore her....
Aiyah.. some people are really heartless.. imagine if you fall.. I really hate it when people rest their body on the pole... Those poles are not meant for resting their body.. So selfish & self-centred..

stainedgleetz

eeeeeeeeeeee!!! i get this EVERY DAY!!!
and just this morning, these two idiots just stared at me throughout de journey.
i am always so tempted to asking these people: 'so when is your baby due?'
or... 'are you handicapped or old? cos i cant seem to recognise you in any of the pictures above your head.'
knowing i'd rage eventually, i just keep my mouth shut.

makes me feel worst if i see another pregnant lady who wasnt offered a seat.

i wonder how these people would feel being heavily pregnant and not being considered.

iwan2noe

eeeeeeeeeeee!!! i get this EVERY DAY!!!
and just this morning, these two idiots just stared at me throughout journey.
i am always so tempted to asking these people: 'so when is your baby due?'
or... 'are you handicapped or old? cos i cant seem to recognise you in any of the pictures above your head.'
knowing i'd rage eventually, i just keep my mouth shut.

makes me feel worst if i see another pregnant lady who wasnt offered a seat.

i wonder how these people would feel being heavily pregnant and not being considered.
cool down stainedgleetz, i understand how u feel as an expecting mum like u.
what goes round come round. So do not need to get angry with pple like this.
But i also think that not because we are treated this way must be treat other expectant mum the same. I will still offer my seat to elderly,handicap and pregnant lady after my delivery.. We must mean well for others ok?
Just ignore these pple, getting angry with them doesn't solve the matter and only make urself feel upset and neg.. No too good for bb and yourself... smile and be happy..imagine how ur bb will look like and smile at u when s/he is born...keep urself happy and ur bb will be a bright and cheerful bb :) dun spolit ur mood and emotion by these ignorant and inconsiderate pple! they don't worth u spoilting ur mood and day for :)

SMILE! *Hugs* =) don't be angry k?

stainedgleetz

cool down stainedgleetz, i understand how you feel as an expecting mum like you.
what goes round come round. So do not need to get angry with pple like this.
But i also think that not because we are treated this way must be treat other expectant mum the same. I will still offer my seat to elderly,handicap and pregnant lady after my delivery.. We must mean well for others ok?
Just ignore these pple, getting angry with them doesn't solve the matter and only make yourself feel upset and neg.. No too good for baby and yourself... smile and be happy..imagine how your baby will look like and smile at you when s/he is born...keep yourself happy and your baby will be a bright and cheerful baby :) dont spolit your mood and emotion by these ignorant and inconsiderate pple! they dont't worth you spoilting your mood and day for :)

SMILE! *Hugs* =) dont't be angry k?
of course, babe. sometimes i forget that i am pregnant and give up my seat. hahah. i dont get as angry as you think. just annoyed. but i just brush it off cos i'll be sitting at work anyway. :)
i cant wait to see my baby's face!

anyway, thanks!

DodoTan

Don't give up seat is one thing, I can't stand people who don't even give way or get impatient when walking behind me! I know the shopping centre is crowded, but I really cannot walk any faster. Plus I pushing stroller somemore. There are people who push/squeeze past me just to get ahead! Then the other day, my hubby was carrying my son and I was pushing the empty stroller and we were waiting to get on the train. I was right behind my hubby, but the crowd just pushed pass between us and I nearly missed the train. Too much right?

chrisfavors

I think they should charge a premium or fine those ppl who sit on the priority seat if they are not pregnant, aged or in need.

Ting

true enough, but what if happen to not hv any needy ppl arnd? then cant seat arbo kena fined???

Ting

i also cant stand ppl who lean their whole body on the pole...
worst is my hand is grabbing the pole n they lean on MY HAND! WTH!?
then i will TSK very loudly at them.. wah lao, damn buay zidong.
when i bring pin on train, n sometimes she wanna stand n hold the pole, then those idiots just lean on the pole, i will tell them EXCUSE ME, very loudly, then they paiseh! hahahahaha!
i'm damn thick skinned when it comes to such ppl. i wont paiseh deeee~ hehe.

TANZHENZHI

It's v common le.. When i was 8months preggy, i board the train and saw 2youngsters playing games and they did saw me but they just ignore and continue with their games, then 2 elderly sitting next to them, the old lady stood up and offer me her seat but i rejected as i see they needed it more than i do. So i stood until city hall, ppl alight then i faster grap a seat. :)
Many youngsters is getting more ungracious and rude. I think we as a parents is time to educate them. :001_302: Take it easy mummies..