self confinement

karoru

what are the things that i need to get ready if i decided to do confinement by myself? thanks in advance for all advises and checklists...

serenelm

wat abt cooking? maybe can get someone to cook for u, at least not so stressed then...

i oso did my own confinement for ds3 wif dh's help... he cooked lunch for me every morn b4 he went to work and then left it in the thermal cooker to keep warm... for dinner, he would cook it when he returned from work... so i oni needed to concentrate on baby n myself...

u would need to prepare the herbs for soups, old ginger, sesame oil, dried longan, red dates (for longan tea) etc... other foodstuff can be bought when u return from hospital...

LoveBebe

I think self confinement is very tough on you since you just give birth.
You have to cook for yourself, with lots of ginger, dang dui, wolfberry, pig's organs, sesame oil chicken, lots of fish and veggies too. And also longan tea.
Beside cooking, you have to look after your baby yourself when actually you should get plenty of rest during confinement period.
Not forgetting those household chores, maybe your husband can help you.

karoru

thanks, mummies... ya, my hubby will be helping me... most likely, he will be in charge of cooking coz he is a better cook than me but think i got to get ready those receipes for him first... coz i heard that there are specific foods that we can eat, must eat and cannot eat... i think must start preparing now...

perrier

why not you cater confinement food? at least when your husband is back he can help you take care of baby while your rest or do other stuff?

karoru

he said he wants to cook for us... he is self-employed so his time is flexible... however, i m still afraid that he may not be able to handle so much... cooking, housework, a newborn baby, a tired wife, his own work and stress... oh gosh!!!