separation anxiety for a 32months boy

l0r3tTa

Hi all mummies,

I need some help or advice on how to handle separation anxiety with my toddler. He just started full day childcare for 3 weeks now and every time he wakes up and sees his uniform on the bed, he will say he doesn't want to go to school and he will start crying. All the way from home, to the car, throughout the 25min drive till he enters the school.

We just had a baby brother, he does show affection to the brother. I'm not sure if it is jealousy or so...he always wants me to carry him especially when I'm nursing the baby. He has learnt to wait till baby stops drinking though.

His crying in the morning just gets my pretty upset and I will be returning to work next week. As my mother in law can only help with the infant.

Any sharing.

Thanks all.

Hi,

It sounds familiar to me. My girl was like that when we first started her in full day childcare.It's something that they will slowly wean off. What i did was i got her teacher's help to shower her with praises when she stopped crying or wasn't crying too hard and then i will pass her teacher some little treats like biscuit or stickers for her teacher to 'reward' her with.

I guess she felt 'special' as in she was the only one getting treats and so she slowly started getting better. When she started making friends, enjoying their company and enjoying school, she stopped complaining and crying.

Hope this works for your boy, Hang in there! It will be over before you know it.

l0r3tTa

Thank you kaykay2009 for sharing.

I will speak with the teacher to see what we can work out for him. Apparently,he cries very hard when he goes to school, slightly teary during the day in school, nags frequently about wanting to go home and when he sees me when I fetch him,his lips will pout and start to want to cry. Hmmm...