sex safe during pregnancy??

2011mummy

just want to check if you gals still have intercourse during pregnancy??
isit safe as in will it affect bb??
any things to take note ??

thanks!

Missy S

isit safe as in will it affect baby??

thanks!
according to books & magazines, it is theoretical safe to have sex. I checked with my doctor before & he just said try to avoid sex during the 1st trimester.

However, we avoided sex throughout the pregnancy, as my first baby was miscarried at 8th week... so didn't dare to have sex.

avoid at 1st trimester and last trimester...

1st trimester cox everything not stable yet..
last trimester cox scare will affect bb and might cause early born...

Missy S

avoid at 1st trimester and last trimester...

1st trimester cox everything not stable yet..
last trimester cox scare will affect baby and might cause early born...
Yes, 1st and last trimester should be avoided... read from books saying that climax could caused contractions, hence might caused early labour

Juz17

isit safe as in will it affect baby??

thanks!
Not forgetting low placenta ladies also have to avoid sex.
My hubby decided to avoid it thru out to avoid any complications or issues...:001_302:

newbie35

I had sex sex all the way from first to end of second trimester. Read all the books - if you have no complications sex is safe. I'm avoiding sex in my last trimester cos my body hurts too much to get into a comfortable position.
You should not have sex if risk of miscarriage is high or if you have a low lying placenta.
My first gyane actually advised my hubby and me not to have sex during first trimester but we felt ok with it so we carried on.
i switched to another gyane who felt it was ok but advised me to take duphaston during first trimester.
last trimester sex - risk of contractions is from progesterone in the semen, so by that logic if use condoms should be ok too.

Katemonaco

I was advised by one gynae not to exercise and have sex during first trimester but my second gynae said that sex was allowed as long as I have no bleeding etc.
So I finally had sex on week 12. So far everything is fine. I'm not sure how I will be feeling during the 3rd trimester.

shairah

I had a low lying placenta during my ultrasound and i was advised not to have sex and lift heavy things. A low lying placenta doesn't have to be a problem, and even if you start out with a low lying placenta it doesn't mean that you'll end up having complications near the middle or end of your pregnancy. A low-lying placenta is often diagnosed at an ultrasound in the fourth or fifth month of pregnancy at a time when doctors aren't necessarily too concerned with the position of the placenta. Many women have a low-lying placenta diagnosed earlier in pregnancy. Many women start out with a low lying placenta, but then as the baby and the placenta grow, it sort of migrates up out of the way of the cervix.

f you experience no change, your doctor will keep a close eye on your progress. If you experience heavy bleeding, you may be hospitalized until delivery so that you don't lose too much blood, risking your life and the life of your baby. While staying in the hospital under observation might not be your idea of fun, it's the best way for your doctors to determine if your baby needs to be delivered sooner rather than later.

If you arrive at your due date with a low lying or partially covered cervix, you'll be scheduled for a cesarean section. This might be a blow to your plan for delivery, but in the end it's the only way to safely deliver your baby because your placenta covers your cervix.

After a few check up, my placenta goes up and does not block my cervix area.

shairah

low lying placenta??
how do we know if had low lying placenta??
I had a low lying placenta during my ultrasound and i was advised not to have sex and lift heavy things. A low lying placenta doesn't have to be a problem, and even if you start out with a low lying placenta it doesn't mean that you'll end up having complications near the middle or end of your pregnancy. A low-lying placenta is often diagnosed at an ultrasound in the fourth or fifth month of pregnancy at a time when doctors aren't necessarily too concerned with the position of the placenta. Many women have a low-lying placenta diagnosed earlier in pregnancy. Many women start out with a low lying placenta, but then as the baby and the placenta grow, it sort of migrates up out of the way of the cervix.

f you experience no change, your doctor will keep a close eye on your progress. If you experience heavy bleeding, you may be hospitalized until delivery so that you don't lose too much blood, risking your life and the life of your baby. While staying in the hospital under observation might not be your idea of fun, it's the best way for your doctors to determine if your baby needs to be delivered sooner rather than later.

If you arrive at your due date with a low lying or partially covered cervix, you'll be scheduled for a cesarean section. This might be a blow to your plan for delivery, but in the end it's the only way to safely deliver your baby because your placenta covers your cervix.

After a few check up, my placenta goes up and does not block my cervix area.

Zenn Yap

i was having low placenta early pregnancy and gynae advised not to have sex and also not to walk too much.
Rest as much as possible.
Right now in my 8th month pregnancy and placenta is not low anymore, its getting back to a normal position.

keefu

My gynae said it was okay to have sex since I was 5 weeks pregnant... throughout we did it until 8 to 9 months we seldom do it like once or twice each month due to some discomfort with bigger tummy.