sg mummies in japan?

jaymumys

hi mummies...i'm also not in japan. but been there to stay for a few of the autumn months due to my hubby's work. whoa. i missed the life there. but defintely not Tokyo.
We stayed in Utsunomiya, 3hrs away from Tokyo. Seems like both of you stays within Tokyo City huh.

I was there for only a few days, was disappointed by the inaccessibility and inconvenience of the many endless narrow and long stairways of the train tunnels, very dirty streets & unfriendly people, very expensive for everything..... except Disneyland which I agree with bellerichez.
Are both of you having the same problem?

But I do missed those friendliness of the mummies as many of them doesn't work and took care of their young babies. Which was very enjoyable and relaxed. & the after 7-8pm cheap bentos, nice children programme, nice cooking tv shows...hehehehe...In fact, I felt inlove with kids bento after that. And has been making it since then.

I only study till beginning of intermediate of jap lang of 2 & 1/2 yrs. never took my jlpt. but i managed to survive there well. just force yourself . watch more tv and bring along a small handy daily conversational jap-eng dict! :)

do share with us your experience. it's nice to know mummies on how they are coping when we are being re-root. :)

Last edited:

Madako

Hi,

I am looking for a tutor to help me with my Japanese conversation.
Me taken JLPT 2 but flung abit too... Sigh...
Do you gals have anyone to refer me to?
Thanks so much.

:001_302:

bellerichez

hi mummies...i'm also not in japan. but been there to stay for a few of the autumn months due to my hubby's work. whoa. i missed the life there. but defintely not Tokyo.
We stayed in Utsunomiya, 3hrs away from Tokyo. Seems like both of you stays within Tokyo City huh.

I was there for only a few days, was disappointed by the inaccessibility and inconvenience of the many endless narrow and long stairways of the train tunnels, very dirty streets & unfriendly people, very expensive for everything..... except Disneyland which I agree with bellerichez.
Are both of you having the same problem?

But I do missed those friendliness of the mummies as many of them doesn't work and took care of their young babies. Which was very enjoyable and relaxed. & the after 7-8pm cheap bentos, nice children programme, nice cooking tv shows...hehehehe...In fact, I felt inlove with kids bento after that. And has been making it since then.

I only study till beginning of intermediate of jap lang of 2 & 1/2 yrs. never took my jlpt. but i managed to survive there well. just force yourself . watch more tv and bring along a small handy daily conversational jap-eng dict! :)

do share with us your experience. it's nice to know mummies on how they are coping when we are being re-root. :)

Dirty meh? The place i went all clean clean one. The things i don't like about Japan is communication problem & things too expensive. My sister studied Jap language herself and mange to pass. She learn through watching many many anime. She even got the cert.

huiping

Hi,
I also dun find the place dirty leh, I agreed with Bellerichez that the problem is the communication problem
I brought my son to the local playgroup and the mummies knowing that I cannot speak veri well japanese, asked me after the lesson ended if I know when to meet up for the next round of playgroup
Some would hestiate to talk to me, becos they are shy to used their english
Overall, I think quite okay lah
Hmm I do meet a few unfriendly people normally the older generation or people in their 40s , those salaryman..those youngsters quite friendly too even though they look abeng leh but Singapore also has unfriendly people too mah..so I guess its the same lah, just ignore them lor anway they got nothing to do with our life ;)
Food wise , I do like their food here more than in SG, except for my mother home cook food which is the best ;-)
Actually hor, there are also a few shopping areas like Shibuya and Shinjuyu where the local people goes to prices are not that exp and lesser people as tourist and those hippe are mostly found in these places
I also like their cooking and variety shows, veri interesting leh
What seasons are in, they will show u how to cook to get the best of the vegs
The only thing that I wanna do now is to quickly improve my Jap

annie

hmm japan sure not as clean as sg but i dun feel its dirty as well..

anyway i prefer japan to sg la lol.

jaymumys

:) actually when I meant dirty is in terms of the dust on streets. I was only disappointed with Tokyo, not the town that i've stayed in after that. my brand new baby pram was already squeaking with sound from the wheels only the 2nd half day in tokyo due to dust trap inside. then my new suede shoe also covered with dust.

then when i refer to unfriendly is due to alot of pushing people at the takashimaya tokyo.However, i do agree with huiping that s'pore equally has their fair share of such people. :)

anyway, i'm not sure that i'd go back to tokyo again. guess i'm not so much of a fast-paced city-life tourist. but i'm defintely goin back for some other towns & their yummy food. :)

supermum

Hi Annie

I'm planning to osaka this Oct with my girl. I understand that the H1N1 situation is spreading rapidly. If that is true, can you tell me the situtation in Japan in particluar to Osaka city. As i do not have any update this in Singapore.

Thanks.:bbconfused:

annie

hmm as to date... only 1 old man died due to H1N1 in japan.. i dunno whether serious or not in osaka cos i stay in tokyo and also the news seldom broadcast bout this anymore. somemore no one wearing mask here since it started... if u dun mention, i wont even remember there is this thing going on! lol

supermum

Thanks Annie for the update.

Do you travel to Osaka before.

Any good recommendation for good and cheap food, shopping mail or any attractions that must go.

Hope to hear from you soon. :tlaugh:

Porukadotzu

Hi all, I know my quest abit far from topic hehe...

my bil going to japan for holiday and I want to ask him to buy back something for my baby ahhaha...but I dunno what item to ask him thou...any idea what is in trend in japan? hehehehe

annie

its not easy to migrate here. not like australia. im wondering.. if u dunno the pros n cons y u want to come here? somemore its migrate which is almost like forever.. i wont do tat if i dun understand the country well..

npoheng

I also thinking of migrating to japan if my finance permit. Too stressful to stay here. Japan got 4 seasons which we dont have. Really enjoy the cold weather

rainbow123

Hi mummies in Japan.

Any mummy stay in Tokyo ?
Would like to find out if got any place that sell spring cot aka "YAOLAN " ?
Please help.

Urgent . If not have to import one in :embarrassed: