Share your experiences on induced birth... Mummies..

Hi all mummies,
Care to share with me your experiences of induced birth?

My EDD is on 4th May... and gynea says if baby not out by then, i will admit on 5th May early morning for induced birth... but heard that induced birth is not good... is it true? :nah:

lydiana

its not true...i was induced to give birth..baby turned out ok and health...she is now almost 4 mths old!!!...

kenxf_03

Is induced birth more painful? And does it always result to emergency c section?
Dear infinity88,

its not neccessary to go for c-section for induced labour. Tink it all depends on individual and situation too.

but my frens who went for induced labour are indeed having longer hours and its more painful.. It depends on your threshold of pain too!

dont worried too much.. everything will be fine for u.

Beanie

Although my EDD is on the 10th May, but planning to go for induce birth on the 5th. Will still go for a final visit to the doc on the 4th to find out if the chance is high 1st anot.

Good luck to you! And me too! Heehee! By the way which hospital you gng?

Spiralng

Is induced birth more painful? And does it always result to emergency c section?
Have to depend on what suitation you are being induced. If induce without any labour signs (no contractions, no waterbag burst), normally, the labour process will be long and painful so by the time it's time to give birth, the mother will have no strength to push therefore, they will end up in emergency c section.

If you induced due to waterbag burst, overdue and ect....normally, the labour process will be faster.

For all my 3 pregancy i was induced and hv natural birth. So I guess not all induced birth end up emergency c section.

Spiralng

Importantly, dun tired yourself too much. When you experience labour pain( passing motion feeling) and the gynae say you are not ready yet, it's better not to push. I know this sound gross but it's the truth...:001_302: giving birth is like passing motion. When you go to toilet to detox, it only take you a while and you dun need to use so much strength. Giving birth is quite similar only difference is you have to hold your breath and push everything out with your strength...:Dancing_tongue:ha ha ha must not let go of your breath otherwise, the baby won't be push out successful. Therefore, if the doc say you are not ready, try not to push otherwise, no breath left to push baby out.

Although my EDD is on the 10th May, but planning to go for induce birth on the 5th. Will still go for a final visit to the doc on the 4th to find out if the chance is high 1st anot.

Good luck to you! And me too! Heehee! By the way which hospital you gng?
Hi Beanie..
Me giving birth in KKH..

Have to depend on what suitation you are being induced. If induce without any labour signs (no contractions, no waterbag burst), normally, the labour process will be long and painful so by the time it's time to give birth, the mother will have no strength to push therefore, they will end up in emergency c section.

If you induced due to waterbag burst, overdue and ect....normally, the labour process will be faster.

For all my 3 pregancy i was induced and hv natural birth. So I guess not all induced birth end up emergency c section.
Gynea suggested to induce 1 day past my EDD.. ya i heard that it will be very painful so i was like :err:...

Pwiincess

Hi all mummies,

My EDD is on 4th May... and gynea says if baby not out by then, i will admit on 5th May early morning for induced birth... but heard that induced birth is not good... is it true? :nah:
I remember my gyane telling me I might have to choose for induction because baby was 3kg at 35weeks. In case she gets too big by 40weeks. I was worried like you, and thinking about it all the time. I think my baby knows Mummy is worried & scared, bcos she popp-ed out just afew days later.

Just sharing! =]

MsKoh1973

I was overdue in yr 2005, induced 4-5 times, no pain.

When last induced, doc broke my waterbag, i ask doc to give me epdura first before doing that, in the end, bb still no come out, so bo pian, have to go for c-section.

somehow, my cervic won't dilet, oso dunnoe why like tat, that's why the first few induce, all no feelings. but medical bill quite high, cos the usage of the delivery suite, every time must charge. tat time my bill, include my girl bill, come up to about $7k.

snowbear

Hi all mummies,

Was induced and took almost 3 days before i saw my baby via emergency c-section. The risk of induction is failed induction lor... :tlaugh:no other long-term impact on baby.

Was induced and took almost 3 days before i saw my baby via emergency c-section. The risk of induction is failed induction lor... :tlaugh:no other long-term impact on baby.
Y ur gynea suggest that u induce? Is it due to baby overdue? Was ur cervix open at all when u decide to induce?

jaclyn13

my gynea told me to induce cos of the ammontic fulid not enough so scare bb got danger. so i was induce 5daes early b4 my edd. my cervix open veri slow. doc told me even i take epidural to relive the pain as i cant tahan the pain as i was induce for 8hrs, he say my pelvix bone narrow, bb may not cum out n his shoulder may dislocated in go thru natural birth SO i opt for c-section n is fully slp c-section. i dun wan a epi-c-section. induce birth is reali veri pain after my doc burst the waterbag... BUT! lucky i didnt go thru natural birth wif the vagina opening being cut n go thru emer c-section, tats is the worse as hve to suffer 2 pains!!

cui_er

My 1st pregnancy, doctor suggested inducing cos he said baby was pretty small and dun seem to be growing bigger. But I have no idea how accurate is that cos I was using subsidised rate and everytime i had checkup, i saw a different doctor.

Was admitted to KKH and the nurse inserted some tablet thing into vagina and left me waiting in some room without any explaination as to why and wat's going to happen. Had mild cramps and pains for few hours then after that the nurse just wheeled me away back to my ward. Next day morning, same thing, go and insert another pill and wait by myself & hubby experiencing cramps and pains for few hours then wheeled back to ward again. Then not very long later, suddenly wheel me to delivery ward and hang water then even more pains and after that nurse break water bag then the actual delivery process started. I had epidural after about few hours cos couldn't tahan the pain, used the gas mask thing but found it useless. After epidural, much easier and finally delivered my boy safely. Throughout this whole period of time, only saw the doctor right at the end for like 2mins. Was a poor experience overall due to nobody bothering to explain anything to me, felt very helpless and scared so for my pregnancy this time round, will not be taking subsidised doctor or going to KKH any longer.

But think induce birth doesn't mean sure result in c-section la, but those that have own gynae, perhaps can ask them take the effort explain clearly why and how they going to induce so can understand better and have more confidence. :)

Basha

My 1st pregnancy, doctor suggested inducing cos he said baby was pretty small and dun seem to be growing bigger. But I have no idea how accurate is that cos I was using subsidised rate and everytime i had checkup, i saw a different doctor.

Was admitted to KKH and the nurse inserted some tablet thing into vagina and left me waiting in some room without any explaination as to why and wat's going to happen. Had mild cramps and pains for few hours then after that the nurse just wheeled me away back to my ward. Next day morning, same thing, go and insert another pill and wait by myself & hubby experiencing cramps and pains for few hours then wheeled back to ward again. Then not very long later, suddenly wheel me to delivery ward and hang water then even more pains and after that nurse break water bag then the actual delivery process started. I had epidural after about few hours cos couldn't tahan the pain, used the gas mask thing but found it useless. After epidural, much easier and finally delivered my boy safely. Throughout this whole period of time, only saw the doctor right at the end for like 2mins. Was a poor experience overall due to nobody bothering to explain anything to me, felt very helpless and scared so for my pregnancy this time round, will not be taking subsidised doctor or going to KKH any longer.

But think induce birth doesn't mean sure result in c-section la, but those that have own gynae, perhaps can ask them take the effort explain clearly why and how they going to induce so can understand better and have more confidence. :)
How many weeks were u then when gynae suggested inducing?? Coz i just went for my 34th week checkup & was told that baby's weight is between 1.9-2Kg..i find it pretty small @ dis stage but my gynae assured me that everything is growing normally..coz she said that baby's weight will tend to go up up up & @ a point will go dwn juz lyk stock mkt!! My EDD is June 13 & she told me that if by end May (38th week) baby still not out, she's gotta do sumtink as she doesnt want my baby to decrease in weight!! I'm so confused coz @ one point was told ders notink to worry as everything's well & @ another point she's telling me abt she will hv to do sumtink if baby not out by end May!!

29wks 6days : 1.5KG
31wks 4days : 1.8KG
34wks : Between 1.9KG to 2KG

ochklk

Mine induced becos my baby is oredi around 4 kg on my 39 wks 4days and my baby seem like dun want to come out, my gynae made fun of me that he is havin good meal good sleep inside. And she say if wait, he will be more bigger and difficult to come out, but after insert 2 tablets for inducing, I still have no contraction or dilating, no pain at all, so I opt for half body epidural C-section and finally my boy is out.. wahaha... C-section also not pain for me... wahaha...

Spiralng

Gynea suggested to induce 1 day past my EDD.. ya i heard that it will be very painful so i was like :err:...
Dun worry, my cousin got induce after her EDD and within 10mins, she start pushing. Maybe you will as lucky as her so won't endure too much pain.

cui_er

Mine was done about 2 weeks before EDD, so should be about 38 weeks. :)

The doctor also said my boy was too small and didn't seem to be getting bigger so better to let him come out and drink milk to grow bigger and stronger, haha.