Share your thoughts

shulyn

Hi Mummies,

Care to share your thoughts on the following;

1) My boy is 22 months now and when would be better to stop sterilising his bottles and teats?

2) Since birth till now, dear son bedlinen will be wash every week. Care to share how often you wash your child bedlinen?

moomoo85

Hi Shulyn,

I stopped sterilising DS's bottles and teats when he is around 6mths.
For bedlinen, yup i washed it every week.

shulyn

Hi Shulyn,

I stopped sterilising dear son's bottles and teats when he is around 6mths.
For bedlinen, yup i washed it every week.
Thanks mummy...wow, you stop quite early at 6 mths and your boy got no problem? So which mean whenever u need to make milk, you will just wash and use it?

angelwendy

I still sterilising my son bottle & bowl even when he is now 7 months plus... i feel safer.. haha... as for bed.. is abt 2 weeks..

pinkwipes

I still soak the bottles and utensils in hot water before letting my girl use them. Because no matter how clean it is, the environment has lots of dirt and dust which we can see. Hot water will at least kill of some bacterias and clean them before use.

My take is to not take any chances.

My girl sleeps with me on the mattress, I wash the mattress cover every week. :)

liz2010

you can stop sterilizing at 6 mo. Anyway, your baby puts lots of thing in the mouth (hands, toys) and they are not sterilised. If you wash thoroughly the bottle and teat, then, there's no problem. Wash them as soon as the baby finished to drink so the germs doesn't develop in the bottle.

For the bedlinen, my son's 3 yo and still washing them once a week.

shulyn

Thanks all the above mummies for sharing...
Hmmm...maybe i find alot of things to do and would loike to see if there is any short cut;)heehee... ever since i have a baby and it seems like im working non stop as im working in the day and my weekends is like rushing for me...

angelwendy

Thanks all the above mummies for sharing...
Hmmm...maybe i find alot of things to do and would loike to see if there is any short cut;)heehee... ever since i have a baby and it seems like im working non stop as im working in the day and my weekends is like rushing for me...

Hmm.. actually i can suggest u.. do u know those 3 level steamer? that people use to steam food? u can buy one of it.. is only abt $19.90 ~ $ 29.90 ... u can just put everything inside & set the timer... it does kill the germs...

DodoTan

Actually, I never really sterilise my kids' stuff. Just wash with the baby bottle detergent. Once in a while soak in hot water. Bed linen and stuffed toys wash 1st wk of every month. I'm of the 'kumpong' sort of believe that we must be exposed to a bit of this and that then the body will have good resistance. So far so good. Both my kids are pretty strong.