shd i continue to bf.. coughing quite badly

Rodorsany

I know we should not stop bfg even when we're unwell...

I felt myself falling sick on sun.. Got cold sweat n throat start to itch... Sweat alot got better ytd... Today started coughing i still pump but yet to see dr...

Shd i get meds.. But worrying thing is my mil keep saying sick cannot bf... Reason why i din see dr yet becoz e cough only started just now n seems bad..

If i stop bfg for a day will my ssr stop?? My supply is miserable but at least i can pump ard 400ml aday... But i scare if i stop for a day my boobs may engorged like mad...

Help..

if yoy cough really badly, wear a mask while feeding, or going near baby. steralise yr hands well before touching them.

u can still breastfeed even u are coughing because of cold/flu etc. and if u see dr, make sure u inform them u are still breastfeeding.

Rodorsany

My cough is one kind... Once start will cough very long.... But i can dun cough for hours too...

I need to bring my dg1for fllw up tmrw morning.. Prob will see dr aft that to get meds n buy mask...

Hopefully no issue with mil... Dun wanna fight with her

Rodorsany

Im so sick n weak... So last night till now no pump.... Pumping now coz boobs hard like rock...-_-!! Luckily bb latch ard 3+am but im so weak that i ask hb to carry bb after i latch...

Mil says dun feed dun pump but i hack.. At last she gave in.. Says unless i go n see dr... Phew!!!

Hi Rodorsany!

I would suggest to get in touch with your physician to address your cough as soon as possible- to avoid any complications, of course. Yes, you can still breastfeed, and would you believe that at this time, your breast milk contains more antibodies than when you are healthy? that is true. Don't cease on breastfeeding your baby. But should you choose to stop for a day or two, don't worry about the supply, it won't go down as fast as that, however yes, your breast will engorge and the letdown will be very apparent.

Keep well.

Sarah

lyra

U r lucky ur mil did not object to bf finally! Don't stop bf for a day. My fren did n her supply dropped dramatically n there's no way to get it back. I was unwell when I bf my newborn that time, in fact the whole family were unwell. Baby recovered faster than I do bcoz of the antibodies in my breastmilk.

Rodorsany

Seen a dr... Then realised I got fever too!!! Im pumping... Mayb dun latch coz im minimising contact with bb.... Mother buay song i cont to feed... But hack.. Dr also assured me bb get e antibodies will help her fight e virus but i prob will need to suffer awhile

ast0212

Hope you are feeling better now :)

The best thing we can do while sick and breastfeeding is rest as much as you can, and breastfeed as much as you can. Lots of fluids too. You'll pass all those precious antibodies to bub.

I've just recovered from a bad cough too. didn't take meds as I'm not really one to take meds plus my dr doesn't like to give. Baby got sick but thankfully not as bad as me or my son and I'm pretty sure it's the breastmilk.

diza

I continued to BF my baby when I was sick. As long as u r not having contagious diseases like chicken pox, u can still nurse ur baby.

In this situation you really need refer for your doc, so can she can give advice and you van take med .but in my situation before i only feed my baby, but i used mask and i wish my hand to make sure that baby is safe.