Shld or Can Babies Start Taking Meat (Chicken/Pork) before 1 yr old?

lisa_ng

i do give fish after my daughter start to eat solids.

after that i start to give lean pork.
minced them using a handheld chopper at home.

i don't buy minced meat from market as i understand those are mixed meat might consist of fats. and that they don't minced like pureed.
my girl don't like chucks of food. she lazy to chew.

i don't really give chicken.
it causes phelgm and personally i thought like not so healthy as compare to pork.

organic food is good.
but not too affordable for me. hehe

autumn82

i do give fish after my daughter start to eat solids.

after that i start to give lean pork.
minced them using a handheld chopper at home.

i don't buy minced meat from market as i understand those are mixed meat might consist of fats. and that they don't minced like pureed.
my girl don't like chucks of food. she lazy to chew.

i don't really give chicken.
it causes phelgm and personally i thought like not so healthy as compare to pork.

organic food is good.
but not too affordable for me. hehe
Lean pork is which part? Loin? I bought minced pork only coz I tot kids supposed to take in some fats? :001_302:

I'll just cook the porridge 1st, then add pork & veg and cook until meat cooked. After switching off the stove, I just puree (but not until very fine) it and feed immediately.. Ok ma?

I tot chicken is better than pork? Coz too much fatty pork causes blockage to your arteries? Oops. LOL. Correct me if am wrong.. :001_302:

autumn82

I started DS on fish w spinach porridge this Mon.. But I got some queries.. How to select fresh fish? Usually will get from supermarkets. And it smells super fishy to me... :p

And how long can I keep the fish for? Just a slice of threadfin can eat for 4-5days rite? Keep in freezer or chiller? :x

snowbear

I started DS on fish w spinach porridge this Mon.. But I got some queries.. How to select fresh fish? Usually will get from supermarkets. And it smells super fishy to me... :p

And how long can I keep the fish for? Just a slice of threadfin can eat for 4-5days rite? Keep in freezer or chiller? :x
I usually get cod for my DD from the usual fishmonger i go to. They'll always wash, debone and de-skin the fish and cut into slices and pack it nicely for me. I've been told by the fishmonger that the fish can keep for 2 weeks in the freezer. Maybe you can try gg to the wet market. Better service than supermarket. Haha... :)

Anyway, I also started DD on pork when she turned 8 months. She's eating VERY little carbo for a 8-month-old. Sometimes she can't even finish 2 tablespoons of oatmeal cereal. Sigh, how to cook porridge for a bb with such a small appetite for carbo? She'll eat her fish and fruits and veg without prob though and she seems fine with pork. I read that pork is very nutritious (because of heme iron) and can be given to baby from 8 months onwards (same for chicken).

I like to refer to this website about baby food:
Pork Baby Food Recipes, Pork for Yummy Homemade Baby Food, Age for Introducing Pork to Baby

autumn82

I usually get cod for my DD from the usual fishmonger i go to. They'll always wash, debone and de-skin the fish and cut into slices and pack it nicely for me. I've been told by the fishmonger that the fish can keep for 2 weeks in the freezer. Maybe you can try gg to the wet market. Better service than supermarket. Haha... :)

Anyway, I also started DD on pork when she turned 8 months. She's eating VERY little carbo for a 8-month-old. Sometimes she can't even finish 2 tablespoons of oatmeal cereal. Sigh, how to cook porridge for a bb with such a small appetite for carbo? She'll eat her fish and fruits and veg without prob though and she seems fine with pork. I read that pork is very nutritious (because of heme iron) and can be given to baby from 8 months onwards (same for chicken).

I like to refer to this website about baby food:
Pork Baby Food Recipes, Pork for Yummy Homemade Baby Food, Age for Introducing Pork to Baby
Hmm... My DS also started wif HealthyTimes cereal & purees. At first he can finish one whole bowl (combi small one). But after 1 mth, he started to reject it.. So I let him try purees after that. I started porridge just 2 weeks ago only. He love porridge! Will open his mouth to eat. I used 2 tablespoons of uncooked rice w other ingredients, will come out to a bowl of porridge. I pureed his porridge but not until too fine. Is 2 tablespoon of uncooked rice too little?

Haha. I refer to that site too! Love it! :)

snowbear

Hmm... My DS also started wif HealthyTimes cereal & purees. At first he can finish one whole bowl (combi small one). But after 1 mth, he started to reject it.. So I let him try purees after that. I started porridge just 2 weeks ago only. He love porridge! Will open his mouth to eat. I used 2 tablespoons of uncooked rice w other ingredients, will come out to a bowl of porridge. I pureed his porridge but not until too fine. Is 2 tablespoon of uncooked rice too little?

Haha. I refer to that site too! Love it! :)
After combining her cereal with other ingredients, it comes up to about 1/2 a ricebowl of food. I guess she is eating less than most babies of her age...

autumn82

After combining her cereal with other ingredients, it comes up to about 1/2 a ricebowl of food. I guess she is eating less than most babies of her age...
I was worried if my DS was eating too much at his age... :p LOL. We r the opposite!

haha I think eat too much better than eat too little...better over-nourished than under-nourished... cos babies lose weight very fast, especially when they fall sick...I think my dd eats too little sigh...

autumn82

haha I think eat too much better than eat too little...better over-nourished than under-nourished... cos babies lose weight very fast, especially when they fall sick...I think my dd eats too little sigh...
Haha. I agree babies lose weight very fast when fall sick.. Had my fair share of it :)

But my MIL very funny, always say I feed DD & DS too much (I only feed DD 3 meals, 2 bottles of milk & no snacks + DS 5 milk feeds + 1 porridge)? She feed them wif chocolates, sweets, jellies can? Rubbish de.. :x