Shooting pain on my breast =(

Xiaojing

I have been experienced block duct past 2days and I managed to clear it with warm shower. But after that I keep feeling shooting pain on the affected breast. Why?? Any mummies experience this b4? Help!!!
Do I need to visit LC??

diza

If u are still nursing, get ur baby to latch on the affected breast and continue to express if you still feel pain. Massage helps too. If u plan to stop BF, u still need to express some milk (but don't empty ur breasts) just to relieve the pain. If u develop fever, see doc.

Xiaojing

I am exclusively pumping bm as my baby doesn't want to latch. so far no fever. I keep massage before and after pumping but sometimes still feel the pain.

Xiaojing

hi evayang, yes, I think that is my milk flow but whn will this pain go away?? why it suddenly happen but before that never happened?

for my case, it is not a daily incident. occasionally i will have this sharping pain,mine is on the right breast more often.
most often it will come and go very fast.

did you encounter frequent pain, and for very long?

Xiaojing

it is frequent pain everyday,sometimes just few needle poke sometimes can be longer time. i'm pumping milk now also feel the pain. I realise that my milk come out very slow but I can feel there is still milk inside my breast. can it be my milk duct still never clear all??

Qookie

I experienced a lot of pain in the early stages of exclusive pumping (like you, i didn't BF directly). Either the pain went away or i eventually got used to it.

What pump are you using? A good pump really makes a whole lot of difference. A strong pump, warm compress before you pump and massage can really help remove all the milk clots. I ended my pumping session with a cold water compress if i was experiencing a lot of pain.

Xiaojing

I'm using medela PISA...hmmm..I think I will get used to it ba...just sometimes will feel very painful, otherwise was ok..

Qookie

Ohh, i used Medela PISA too! Haha. I also used Philips Avent single handheld pump that i find helped get rid of milk clots.

Jiayou Xiaojing! ;)

Xiaojing

lolz...I also used Philips Electric Single Pump...hahaha. Just bring my Medela pump to re-service as the suction not strong anymore but just used 3 days and I feel the suction drop again!!! Haiz...will bring to the service counter again tomorrow morning.
Thanks Qookie~ I will Jia You.

Qookie

Haha :) That time when i pumped, i found the PISA very good for regular usage. Pumping felt like a good massage to relief my full breasts. The Philips was used only when i was outside or when i had painful milk clots to rid.

Is your PISA new? How come it the suction drop so much? Maybe you try increasing the speed? Will that help?

Xiaojing

My friend pass me one...not new. Yup increase up to max but suction still not good. So I wonder izzit the machine old & not function well anymore =(
Will get them to re-service again. Even now I'm using Philip, I still need to hand express to ensure the milk come out.That's why I keep wonder weather is my milk clots problem or my machine problem...headache!!

Qookie

I remembered i hand expressed too. Especially towards the end (as in last part of the pumping session).

Did you recently start pumping? In the beginning, it's like that. It'll definitely get better. No worries ;)

Xiaojing

I have been pumping for 3mth ald. initially was ok, just recently got problem. hopefully everything will be smooth.

diza

You should be happier I guess. That means more supply. Now I don't feel any shooting pain coz my supply is on par to my boy's demand. I can go on without expressing for up to 6hrs without feeling engorged.