Shopping

ArDz

My mum will nag at me if I go shopping for baby stuffs as now i'm only 8wks plus pregnant, she says its best to shop after 5mths as she said that's one the "pantang", am not sure for others coz some dun belief in it but I tink I just stick to wat my mum says .. ehehehehe ..

newbie2009

My mum will nag at me if I go shopping for baby stuffs as now i'm only 8wks plus pregnant, she says its best to shop after 5mths as she said that's one the "pantang", am not sure for others coz some dont belief in it but I tink I just stick to what my mum says .. ehehehehe ..
I guess your shopping can wait awhile longer. After you know the gender of the baby, you can go full steam with your shopping. U might want to buy the essesntial first, so that u can reap from the benefits of the GSS

ArDz

I guess your shopping can wait awhile longer. After you know the gender of the baby, you can go full steam with your shopping. you might want to buy the essesntial first, so that you can reap from the benefits of the GSS

yup yup .. still too early .. shall wait after 5mths when the gender is known ..

:)

hueychye79

did you manage to get anything from the Motherhood Sales? Did any shopping for the GSS ?
Manage to buy the diapers import from Japan (can't remember the brand) :001_302:

For the GSS manage to get some baby stuff at Takashimaya.

Oh! The Kiddy Palace have 20% sales, buy a lot of stuff there include my maternity pants..:tlaugh:

How about you?

jojoki

my two cents worth dun buy bb stuffs too late... cos by then it will be soooo tiring to walk around...n b4 u can properly can the entire rack u'll be running off to the loo... so hard to shop la!! i bought my stuffs gradually.... throughout entire pregnancy... big stuffs last as no space at home. last month u can spend at home cleaning n sterilising .. n organizing in ready fr ur lil one... how fun!!

ocee

agree. hav to buy monthly from about 5 months. you also never know how healthy you are are towards the end. my 1st child i was on bedrest from 6mos til delivery date. i shopped via phone.

now i got baby clothes since i got 5months (all whites only since babies look nicer in white anyway) ... also dunno what gender yet.

big items to buy last waiting for the taka fair this august. breastpump, stroller, playpen mattress. etc. have also told hubby what to buy at the sale in case i dont get too well enough. =)

joeichen

I start shoppin only 5mths later coz 1st term always slpy n not feelin well, late term is too heavy to do much shoppin...

jasobias

agree. hav to buy monthly from about 5 months. you also never know how healthy you are are towards the end. my 1st child i was on bedrest from 6mos til delivery date. i shopped via phone.

now i got baby clothes since i got 5months (all whites only since babies look nicer in white anyway) ... also dont know what gender yet.

big items to buy last waiting for the taka fair this august. breastpump, stroller, playpen mattress. etc. have also told hubby what to buy at the sale in case i dont get too well enough. =)
hahah..me same position as u .On bedrest since 6 months coz of contractions.Now 35 weeks so quite safe to move ard coz if baby is born now it will be healthy.I too started shopping when i was 3 months pregnant.My hubby was saying..waaah so early ah.By 5 months i buy everything already..lucky i did..if not now ah..how to buy?:err:
Now can hardly shop..feet so swollen..need to find loo every 15 min..gd thing i followed my instinct!hahahahah:Dancing_tongue:

I just got most of my things yesterday at the taka fair. spend quite abit yday. i think the things at the fair can consider to buy. quite a good buy.
Actually now i know y the old pple say dun buy liao.. i also buy n buy n buy.. but now bb 6 mths all no use liao.. haha.. its mummy nature la..

bellerichez

Is it too early???

Hi,

Just wanna check with other mummies that when is the best time to start shopping for your baby items? I don't know whether is it too early for me to start shopping for my baby items right now. I'm stepping into my 29week in 3days time.
I have not start doing any shopping yet cos I heard that there is a Baby Fair coming soon in August at TAKA. Anyway I've never been to a baby fair before so i don't know whether they sell everything that i need to buy for my baby? Price wise is it the same or a little cheaper than usual??? Do you think it's better for me to wait till August then i start doing my shopping?

Another question is that during my confinement period i'll be going back to my mom place, then i ask my mom where you want my baby to sleep at? She tell me just let my baby sleep on the mattress (the same bed as me) but its a queen size bed. Do you think it's bad for the newborn to sleep on those normal queen size bed that we are sleeping on???

So during the first month for newborn, what will they be doing? Sleeping most of the time?

Sorry ah cos i'm a first time mother to be so i tend to think alot and i need some answer to my questions.

arn0432

Alpha Male
Re: Is it too early???

Hi,

Just wanna check with other mummies that when is the best time to start shopping for your baby items? I dont't know whether is it too early for me to start shopping for my baby items right now. I'm stepping into my 29week in 3days time.
I have not start doing any shopping yet cos I heard that there is a Baby Fair coming soon in August at TAKA. Anyway I've never been to a baby fair before so i dont't know whether they sell everything that i need to buy for my baby? Price wise is it the same or a little cheaper than usual??? Do you think it's better for me to wait till August then i start doing my shopping?

Another question is that during my confinement period i'll be going back to my mom place, then i ask my mom where you want my baby to sleep at? She tell me just let my baby sleep on the mattress (the same bed as me) but its a queen size bed. Do you think it's bad for the newborn to sleep on those normal queen size bed that we are sleeping on???

So during the first month for newborn, what will they be doing? Sleeping most of the time?

Sorry cos i'm a first time mother to be so i tend to think alot and i need some answer to my questions.
HI Bellerichez

U can start ur shopping now if u wan too..if u wan to go to babyfair it would br good as u can start buying some things over there as like d other time they sell huggies nwborn diaper quite cheap as well as wet tissue n some clothings n baby bottles.

I tink its better for u to buy a babycot as its nt advisable for nwborn to sleep on d same bed as u anyway its good for u to buy a cott so at least u cn lie ur body better in a proper position n u don hav to squeeze in wit ur hubby...

newborn baby routine is simple...baby will only sleep,cry,drink milk,ask 4 a diaper change n lots n lots of LOVE frm mumi n dadi...

regards
Arin

bellerichez

HI Bellerichez

you can start your shopping now if you want too..if you want to go to babyfair it would br good as you can start buying some things over there as like d other time they sell huggies nwborn diaper quite cheap as well as wet tissue and some clothings and baby bottles.

I tink its better for you to buy a babycot as its not advisable for nwborn to sleep on d same bed as you anyway its good for you to buy a cott so at least you cn lie your body better in a proper position and you dont hav to squeeze in wit your hubby...

newborn baby routine is simple...baby will only sleep,cry,drink milk,ask 4 a diaper change and lots and lots of LOVE frm mumi and dadi...

regards
Arin

Oh. But during confinement period my hubby nv stay over at my mom's place. So I'll be sleeping alone with my baby on the queen size bed. Actually got friend wan to give me cot but i need to go take. So now making decision whether to let him sleep on the same bed as me or let him sleep in the cot. If you guys recommend cot then i will go collect it from my friend at my house nearby. Okay. But how many times should i bath him? Once in the morning and evening just wipe his body? TAKA BABY FAIR carry all kinds of brand right? Like example, piegon, pureen etcs right?

JazN

Hi,

i went to taka baby fair to get the expensive/affordable items such as car seat, stroller, etc best if you apply taka card as this entitles u rebate on top of the sale items. i bought baby items during the fair i think may/jun not sure if aug is the same.

During that time there was Pigeon, Avent, Medela, etc can't remember other brands as i already had in mind what i gonna get. Buy lots of Pigeon wipes, baby liquid detergent (these will not be enuf),pampers, as baby used them quite horribly fast:eek:. Other items you can stroll thru the fair

NO!! Definitely not advisable to let baby sleep with you on the mattress even if you're sleeping alone. You may crush baby or baby will roll down the cot. You can't guarantee 100% "an accident" will not happen. If you get a good cot it can be used as a toddler bed up to 4/5 years old.

Ting

hi, think its fine if you start perparing for your baby stuffs now.
i think you can wait for the TAKA fair, it would be slightly cheaper than the normal pricing.

things that you can get are like
-diapers
-milk bottles
-baby apparels (clothings,mittens, booties,hankies,receiving blanket, towels)
-wet wipes
-baby detergent, soap, shampoo.
-pram(actually, maybe no need to get, cos see if your friends/relatives might get you for baby full month :) )
-car seat (if you need one)
-baby carrier / sling (optional if you dont want to get the pram first)
-toys (optional)

these are mainly the basics you need, but as you shop along, you might see others that you want to purchase.:)

actually, baby sleeping with you on the bed is a individual choice.
from my POV, i think, dont have to get a baby cot, if you are comfy, baby can sleep with you.
though the mummies above disagree, but for me, i did get a cot which costs me over 500.
end up, my girl only slpt in it during the first month.
from second month on she slpt with me / my parents on the bed.
if you want, maybe you can buy one for your own house, but if confinement at your mum's its okay.
i believe mother instincts are very strong, cos, for me, im a deep slper, but when it comes to pin, a small wince from her i also jump up from bed to see what's wrong.
and baby only one month old cant and wont roll off the bed.
they can only move their hands/legs and head abit only.
for the the first 3 mths, baby tend to sleep, poo and wake up for feeds only. or even when they are awake they just stare blankly.

i bathe pin twice daily since NB.
once in the morning, and once in the evening.
if weather very warm, in the afternoon will wipe her whoel body using cloth. and before she sleep at night will also wipe her.
to me, very impt for baby to be clean if not very uncomfy for them.

bellerichez

Hi,

i went to taka baby fair to get the expensive/affordable items such as car seat, stroller, etc best if you apply taka card as this entitles you rebate on top of the sale items. i bought baby items during the fair i think may/jun not sure if aug is the same.

During that time there was Pigeon, Avent, Medela, etc can't remember other brands as i already had in mind what i gonna get. Buy lots of Pigeon wipes, baby liquid detergent (these will not be enuf),pampers, as baby used them quite horribly fast:eek:. Other items you can stroll thru the fair

NO!! Definitely not advisable to let baby sleep with you on the mattress even if you're sleeping alone. You may crush baby or baby will roll down the cot. You can't guarantee 100% "an accident" will not happen. If you get a good cot it can be used as a toddler bed up to 4/5 years old.

Oic. Okay. Then i will go get the cot from my friend. But for baby diaper i'm not too sure whether to buy it before baby is out cos my baby seems over-weight inside my tummy so i'm not sure if i buy now next time when he is out will it be too small for him? Also not sure if he have sensitive skin?

bellerichez

hi, think its fine if you start perparing for your baby stuffs now.
i think you can wait for the TAKA fair, it would be slightly cheaper than the normal pricing.

things that you can get are like
-diapers
-milk bottles
-baby apparels (clothings,mittens, booties,hankies,receiving blanket, towels)
-wet wipes
-baby detergent, soap, shampoo.
-pram(actually, maybe no need to get, cos see if your friends/relatives might get you for baby full month :) )
-car seat (if you need one)
-baby carrier / sling (optional if you dont want to get the pram first)
-toys (optional)

these are mainly the basics you need, but as you shop along, you might see others that you want to purchase.:)

actually, baby sleeping with you on the bed is a individual choice.
from my POV, i think, dont have to get a baby cot, if you are comfy, baby can sleep with you.
though the mummies above disagree, but for me, i did get a cot which costs me over 500.
end up, my girl only slpt in it during the first month.
from second month on she slpt with me / my parents on the bed.
if you want, maybe you can buy one for your own house, but if confinement at your mum's its okay.
i believe mother instincts are very strong, cos, for me, im a deep slper, but when it comes to pin, a small wince from her i also jump up from bed to see what's wrong.
and baby only one month old cant and wont roll off the bed.
they can only move their hands/legs and head abit only.
for the the first 3 mths, baby tend to sleep, poo and wake up for feeds only. or even when they are awake they just stare blankly.

i bathe pin twice daily since NB.
once in the morning, and once in the evening.
if weather very warm, in the afternoon will wipe her whoel body using cloth. and before she sleep at night will also wipe her.
to me, very impt for baby to be clean if not very uncomfy for them.

Okay thanks i think i'll buy more wipe and if those clothes are cheap and cute i might purchase some. Wah so you spend $500 on a cot? That's very expensive. I think I'll get it from my friend bah since she is giving it to me. Huh then during the first month of confinement i just leave my baby on the bed can already? Cos you say they will just stare blankly or move their hands and legs only.

Oh so bathing newborn twice a day is normal ar? Since the weather is so hot. Ya because they are baby so they can't tell us that they feel uncomfortable or what. Okay Okay. Thanks alot =)

izanyzam

Yah...Most elders will say not to buy baby stuffs too early in the pregnancy...Very PANTANG...!!! As for me,right after my detailed scanning in my 5th month,i started shopping after my gynae visit when i found out my baby's gender...!!! But i try to buy most of his clothes in neutral colour coz who knows,i might be able to use if for my 2nd...3rd...baby...God's willing of course..!!!

Can anybody confirm of the Taka baby fair in August..?? I went to their website but there's no mention of it.. :nah:

bellerichez

Yah...Most elders will say not to buy baby stuffs too early in the pregnancy...Very PANTANG...!!! As for me,right after my detailed scanning in my 5th month,i started shopping after my gynae visit when i found out my baby's gender...!!! But i try to buy most of his clothes in neutral colour coz who knows,i might be able to use if for my 2nd...3rd...baby...God's willing of course..!!!

Can anybody confirm of the Taka baby fair in August..?? I went to their website but there's no mention of it.. :nah:

7 Aug till 24 Aug