Should i buy ? or is too early??

bellerichez

haha.. i can dont tell.... but my hubby sometime will come see see .. haha.. in the end he will know also.. my tummy today always cramp lei.. dont knw why.. can i ask.. when then can feel baby kick??:001_302:

Huh u mean ur hubby will come forum and check what u type??? I think it's ur uterus that is growing. I felt my baby's movement at Week 18. My gynae manage to detect baby's gender by week 14. You can try asking your gynae, see if she/he can detect anot.

It really depends on what you want to buy. U can buy things that can be kept and use once baby comes out. Most important you must have place to store the things you bought.

apollo

haha.. i can dont tell.... but my hubby sometime will come see see .. haha.. in the end he will know also.. my tummy today always cramp lei.. dont knw why.. can i ask.. when then can feel baby kick??:001_302:
i felt baby's 1st kick when i was 18th week preg... one fine midnight he just somersault inside me! haha

iwan2noe

my mum used to tell me only buy 2mths before give birth but i started to buy once i know baby's gender... maybe you can start buying things lik steriliser, bottles??? these items doesnt require you to know gender haha...

think it's till 13 sept...:tlaugh:
Yes, yes! it is until 13 sept as what i was told also..

Ya , some items you can consider buying while not some of the rest.

Things to buy could be : milk bottles(not many , maybe not > 4 ?), baby clothings detegernet if cheap(use specially formulated detergent bcoz baby's skin so delicate that it can be prone to itch or other prob if use nomal detergent), diapers(if cheap), car seats if you have the need,nursing pads, disposable maternity underwear(if your CLs/no one is not washing for you), nappy cream, etc.

Things NOT to buy could be : Breast pump(cos you may not want to use or if you dont have milk supply, or if you have hand downs), baby clothings esp if you dont know your baby's gender yet(and usu there tends to be alot of hand downs [preloved], or if you are still in very early stage of your pregnancy(< 3 mths)), pram/scroller(sometimes you may receive them as gift during baby shower), unless you wanna buy a very good quality ones(which of cos means very exp, at least >$300)

this is what i thought, as I am also waitin for the arrival of my baby in Jan 2010 =P. have friends who has given birth and some advices given by them...

Last edited:

iwan2noe

The baby fair have started since yesterday. You can go down and see see first. Maybe you can buy those things that need to be used, since you still dont't know about the sex of baby.
I agree! even if know bb's gender lioa, clothings dont buy alot... they outgrown it v fast! if u still cant resist the little cute clothings, can buy neutral colour clothings like yellow, green, white(univeral). Then again, even if u buy pink(or red) or blue colour clothings, either boy or gals can wear it.. No one say boy must wear blue or gal must wear red ma...hehe
but of cos usu parents would want to dress up their son in blue and girl in pink for easy identification bah..this is how i think :)

apollo

I agree! even if know baby's gender lioa, clothings dont buy alot... they outgrown it very fast! if you still cant resist the little cute clothings, can buy neutral colour clothings like yellow, green, white(univeral). Then again, even if you buy pink(or red) or blue colour clothings, either boy or gals can wear it.. No one say boy must wear blue or gal must wear red ...hehe
but of cos usu parents would want to dress up their son in blue and girl in pink for easy identification bah..this is how i think :)
i agree.. clothing dont buy too much.. last time i cant resist all the nice rompers and bought quite alot... i tot 6-12mths he can really wear until quite long but those 6-12mths rompers he now wear just nice, soon cannot wear alrdy. fyi, ds is nearly 3mth old only -.-"""

angelwendy

hee.. thanks for all the advice...

To bellerichez.. hee my hubby will come see see look look but wont say anything.. sometime will tease me only.. keke.. so dont worry.. :001_302:

Ytd night is i feel so hard to fall asleep.. Dont knw wat happen.. keep waking up in the middle of the night.. then later in the afternoon feel tired again.. Zzz.. hee.. i dont know wanna know my BB is Boy/Gal a not lei.. feel like wanna keep till give birth that day then know.. hee.. but dont know i can tahan ma.. keke:001_302:

hakisumi

To bellerichez.. hee my hubby will come see see look look but wont say anything.. sometime will tease me only.. keke.. so dont worry.. :001_302:

Ytd night is i feel so hard to fall asleep.. Dont knw what happen.. keep waking up in the middle of the night.. then later in the afternoon feel tired again.. Zzz.. hee.. i dont know wanna know my baby is Boy/Gal a not lei.. feel like wanna keep till give birth that day then know.. hee.. but dont know i can tahan .. keke:001_302:

wah.. like tat very keep in suspense the feeling..but i think when the doc ask you during the ultrasound (when can see) "so... you think its a boy or ger?" the feeling will be damnnn exciting de.....den you will wanna know aldy... lol:tlaugh:

apollo

Ytd night is i feel so hard to fall asleep.. Dont knw what happen.. keep waking up in the middle of the night.. then later in the afternoon feel tired again.. Zzz.. hee.. i dont know wanna know my baby is Boy/Gal a not lei.. feel like wanna keep till give birth that day then know.. hee.. but dont know i can tahan .. keke:001_302:
i think getting to know the gender is better so u can get prepared.. haha!

bellerichez

i think getting to know the gender is better so you can get prepared.. haha!
Yes agreed. Once u know the gender u can start shopping for his/her item. Can start choosing name for him/her already then no need to do it last minute. If fren got baby boy/ger clothes they can pass down to u if they know ur baby gender, then no need to waste money buy so many newborn clothes.

angelwendy

hee. think when the doctor ask me wana know a not.. my heart will skip a beat.. hee... dont knw wat will happen on next checkup.. wanna see the baby soon..:Dancing_tongue:

bellerichez

hee. think when the doctor ask me want to know a not.. my heart will skip a beat.. hee... dont knw what will happen on next checkup.. wanna see the baby soon..:Dancing_tongue:
It's always very exciting to see our baby through the scan. I always look forward to my gynae appointment.

ping26

The baby fair have started since yesterday. You can go down and see see first. Maybe you can buy those things that need to be used, since you still dont't know about the sex of baby.
I went to the fair on Thurs. More products but not many discounts. The March Taka baby fair has more special offers but I think u can't wait. Isetan & Robinsons hv great discounts during sales.

Have an idea of the prices of big ticket items e.g. stroller, cot, breast pump & steriliser, or essentials like beddings.

Don't buy electronics too early cos most have 1 yr warranty.

1st time mummies are recommended to buy electronic breast pumps if u r keen on bf.

For me, cos I bought expensive breast pumps, I had to persevere w bf cos didn't want to waste $. So it sort of helped; otherwise, I would have stopped bf early. [I don't take pain well & bf was quite painful. After almost 3 mth, i finally numbed to the pain.]

If you have inverted nipples or short milk ducts, see a lactation consultant before delivery. Buy the Avent nipple puller & start using a few mths before delivery.

happy shopping!

bellerichez

I went to the fair on Thurs. More products but not many discounts. The March Taka baby fair has more special offers but I think you can't wait. Isetan & Robinsons have great discounts during sales.

Have an idea of the prices of big ticket items e.g. stroller, cot, breast pump & steriliser, or essentials like beddings.

dont't buy electronics too early cos most have 1 your warranty.

1st time mummies are recommended to buy electronic breast pumps if you are keen on bf.

For me, cos I bought expensive breast pumps, I had to persevere w bf cos didn't want to waste $. So it sort of helped; otherwise, I would have stopped bf early. [I dont't take pain well & bf was quite painful. After almost 3 month, i finally numbed to the pain.]

If you have inverted nipples or short milk ducts, see a lactation consultant before delivery. Buy the Avent nipple puller & start using a few mths before delivery.

happy shopping!

Yes. Went on the very first day of the fair and feel that those things are still so EX.

eugenialeecm

I started buying stuffs for myself and my baby as early as my 1st trimester. Hubby and i didn't buy things implusively though. We did lotsa homework. Like visiting different shops or departmental stores to check prices, and if with memebership or credit cards are there further discounts.

For example, we bought out baby's starter kit (milk bottles, etc) and breast pump at kiddy palace last month when Phillips AVENT is having a joint promo with them and we got more than 35% discount off both items. Which is very very cheap! ;p

Start bringing a notebook and pen when you're out. ;p