should I get a new pump?

allycat

Im getting prob w my pump lately, its getting noisy n e suction not as good as before. As baby will be 12 mths soon n I'm not sure how long I intend to BF, not sure if I should get another pump or just simply stop pumping but latch when I'm with baby. If the latter, wonder how long will the supply goes. Any suggestion?

soapsoap

Are u using avent?
Tat time i sent my pump to the repair center the lady was telling me every 3 to 4 month have to change th rubber part in order to maintain the pump for max suction.

Maybe u wan to change the rubber part that time I buy one whole new sat from philp it cost around $26

camom

Did u check if any of the parts are damaged?

I stopped pumping at ard 18 mths but is still latching on today.I used Ameda and yes, it gets progressively noisy. In the 1.5 yrs I've used it, I replaced the bellows, tubings, valves n bottles.

banner82

Are u using avent?
Tat time i sent my pump to the repair center the lady was telling me every 3 to 4 month have to change th rubber part in order to maintain the pump for max suction.

Maybe u wan to change the rubber part that time I buy one whole new sat from philp it cost around $26
Hi soapsoap, may i know where to get the rubber set?

allycat

I'm using unimom forte. Its supposed to be under 1 year warranty but e supplier said he can't do anything about the noise. Guessed that the difference in the warranty definition since mine doesn't cover servicing or lubricating e pump motor.

Camom, how old is your child now? Latching on morning n evening?

camom

I'm using unimom forte. Its supposed to be under 1 year warranty but e supplier said he can't do anything about the noise. Guessed that the difference in the warranty definition since mine doesn't cover servicing or lubricating e pump motor.

Camom, how old is your child now? Latching on morning n evening?
He's 28 mths old now. Yup, latching on morning n night. Actually, I am trying to wean him off the breast :(

cmeilim

hey allycat, i stopped pumping altogether when ian was 14-15months. drop in supply was more due to second pregnancy rather than lack of pumping, as i was still maintainging one to two pumps during office hours and latching on demand at home. since stopping pumping, i still latch on ian once in the morning and once before his bedtime, and we are still going strong, with ian now going onto 20 months and not a sign that he's going to self-wean any time soon.

i think u do need to think how long u plan to continue bfg. if u plan to bf for as long as possible, but doesn't wish to get a new pump and hv no alternatives of servicing your current pump, then u need to consider alternative sources of calcium for your boy should milk supply get affected or for when you are not with him. my ian loves yoghurt and cheese, and he has also taken well to fresh milk since we introduced it when i stopped pumping. so it's not a problem even when i decided to stop pumping and just latch him on when i am with him. by then, he is also not so much dependent on breastmilk for hunger satiation but more for bonding and comfort.

allycat

Well, I have chosen to ignore the noise and continue to pump. Will probably stop pumping when the pump finally stops to function. :D