Should i stop BF?

my mil told me recently that breast milk less nutri after 6mths, somemore I no take dinner almost everyday due to OT (nearby no food for me to da bao), she advised me to give my gal (7mths ++) fm...

I understand wat she mean and of course I got such think be4 as well, but I feel so guilty to stop bf or give her fm, she was js recovered from sick (fever & cough) and doc told me not to give fm..

I thinking whether:
1) slowly n slowly stop bf and intro fm
2) change job

Or is it better to give 豆粉 instead of fm ??

PTB7476

my mil told me recently that breast milk less nutri after 6mths, somemore I no take dinner almost everyday due to OT (nearby no food for me to da bao), she advised me to give my gal (7mths ++) fm...

I understand wat she mean and of course I got such think be4 as well, but I feel so guilty to stop bf or give her fm, she was js recovered from sick (fever & cough) and doc told me not to give fm..

I thinking whether:
1) slowly n slowly stop bf and intro fm
2) change job

Or is it better to give 豆粉 instead of fm ??
that's what i read too... BM after 6 months not nutri enuff but my colleague BF for 2 years and according to her ...her boi dun get sick easily and she give credit to the BM ...

豆粉 is given to bb who are allergic to FM if not wrong ... and what's wrong with FM ? they are as nutri as BF

that's what i read too... BM after 6 months not nutri enuff but my colleague BF for 2 years and according to her ...her boi dun get sick easily and she give credit to the BM ...

豆粉 is given to bb who are allergic to FM if not wrong ... and what's wrong with FM ? they are as nutri as BF
Is ur colleague eat good? cox my mil said those bf mother eat good, so can give bm, but I'm not... ><

I oso don know y the doc said not to give fm.. but i no ask y oso, just ooo.. ooo.... -_-

PTB7476

Is ur colleague eat good? cox my mil said those bf mother eat good, so can give bm, but I'm not... ><

I oso don know y the doc said not to give fm.. but i no ask y oso, just ooo.. ooo.... -_-
my colleague skipped lunch... so not sure is the breakfast and dinner good haha

did you ask the doc ? does that mean your bb never take FM before ? i suspect doc ask you not to feed FM is because they are heaty and maybe you told him you BF so he expect you to continue cos no matter wat BM is still better than FM or Soya

my colleague skipped lunch... so not sure is the breakfast and dinner good haha

did you ask the doc ? does that mean your bb never take FM before ? i suspect doc ask you not to feed FM is because they are heaty and maybe you told him you BF so he expect you to continue cos no matter wat BM is still better than FM or Soya
oh... she got skipped lunch a...

My gal took fm at her 1st mth when bm not enough for her.. after milk boost up, then fully bm till today lo...
ya, mayb lo, when i waiting to take medicine, the nurse oso told me not to give fm.. mayb tat time my gal coughing n got phelgm, so they advised not to give gua...

PTB7476

oh... she got skipped lunch a...

My gal took fm at her 1st mth when bm not enough for her.. after milk boost up, then fully bm till today lo...
ya, mayb lo, when i waiting to take medicine, the nurse oso told me not to give fm.. mayb tat time my gal coughing n got phelgm, so they advised not to give gua...
since she told FM before that means she unlikely allergic to them so the doc ask you not to give fm is because they are heaty not because they are allergic

woah how did you boast your milk supply ? i used to have more than enuff but since taking care of my son alone and no time to express..my supply has reduced and now barely enuff

since she told FM before that means she unlikely allergic to them so the doc ask you not to give fm is because they are heaty not because they are allergic

woah how did you boast your milk supply ? i used to have more than enuff but since taking care of my son alone and no time to express..my supply has reduced and now barely enuff
mus pump regularly.. if sometime pump, sometime not pump, supply will drop... after changed job, cox of OT, my supply drop cox one day 5 times pump become 3 times per day...

drink more soup, hot drink n water lo... eat fish... i heard one tv shows said 丝瓜 useful too...

Amulet

Breastmilk will not decrease in nutrition no matter after how many months or how many years.. It just adjust the level of individual nutrients to suit the growth of baby.. But it doesn't provides enough nutrition to sustain the growth of the baby after 7 months old as BM is low in Iron.. Which is why babies are to be introduced to semi-solid after 6-7months old, not becoz BM is less nutritious already, but becoz baby grown up already, needs more than BM..

BM unlike FM, is more than just nutrition.. It's a live substance containing hormones, enzymes and antibodies to support and promote the growth of the child's body, gut, immune system and brain, prevent and treat illness.. FM given just so that the child won't die of hunger or malnourishment..

Although the written nutritional level in FM is higher than BM, but the level of intake/absorption of nutrition by the child's body is higher and easier in BM than FM coz FM is an artificial supplement while BM is real food.. It doesn't make sense to switch to FM when you can still breastfeed..

It's nice to know that your PD advise you to not give FM.. That means you have a pro-breastfeeding PD that doesn't bows to the benefits and treats the FM company offers to him.. some PD and GP are not pro-breastfeeding and advise the parent to give FM at the slightest thing coz FM companies always give them goodies to promote their products..

Try to keep some milk powder for breastfeeding mothers in ur office? when u can't take dinner, just drink the milk powder lo..

You not eating well will not affect the quality of your milk, but it will affect ur own health and body on the long run as when your body is not taking enough nutrients from food to give it to baby, it will start taking the nutrients from ur own body, ect calcium from ur own bones..

PTB7476

Breastmilk will not decrease in nutrition no matter after how many months or how many years.. It just adjust the level of individual nutrients to suit the growth of baby.. But it doesn't provides enough nutrition to sustain the growth of the baby after 7 months old as BM is low in Iron.. Which is why babies are to be introduced to semi-solid after 6-7months old, not becoz BM is less nutritious already, but becoz baby grown up already, needs more than BM..

BM unlike FM, is more than just nutrition.. It's a live substance containing hormones, enzymes and antibodies to support and promote the growth of the child's body, gut, immune system and brain, prevent and treat illness.. FM given just so that the child won't die of hunger or malnourishment..

Although the written nutritional level in FM is higher than BM, but the level of intake/absorption of nutrition by the child's body is higher and easier in BM than FM coz FM is an artificial supplement while BM is real food.. It doesn't make sense to switch to FM when you can still breastfeed..

It's nice to know that your PD advise you to not give FM.. That means you have a pro-breastfeeding PD that doesn't bows to the benefits and treats the FM company offers to him.. some PD and GP are not pro-breastfeeding and advise the parent to give FM at the slightest thing coz FM companies always give them goodies to promote their products..

Try to keep some milk powder for breastfeeding mothers in ur office? when u can't take dinner, just drink the milk powder lo..

You not eating well will not affect the quality of your milk, but it will affect ur own health and body on the long run as when your body is not taking enough nutrients from food to give it to baby, it will start taking the nutrients from ur own body, ect calcium from ur own bones..
thanks for reminding that there is milk powder for breastfeeding mom... i totally forgotten about it that is one good way to repenish the nutri required for BF

Thanks... If so, I will keep on bf my gal till out of supply :D

I did drink oats at office while OT js to avoid gastric.. And I think bm started to take nutri from my own body, I lose weight since started to work at this company, thinner than be4 delivered d..

and this is one of the reason my mil ask me to stop bf too..

Amulet

Thanks... If so, I will keep on bf my gal till out of supply :D

I did drink oats at office while OT js to avoid gastric.. And I think bm started to take nutri from my own body, I lose weight since started to work at this company, thinner than be4 delivered d..

and this is one of the reason my mil ask me to stop bf too..
omg... so envy.... although i was doing TBF also, i only lose 1 kg per month :( that's kinda disappointing.. hahah!

Amulet

thanks for reminding that there is milk powder for breastfeeding mom... i totally forgotten about it that is one good way to repenish the nutri required for BF
breastfeeding milk powder, milo, horlick, cereal, oat, health supplements, all these also can.. soups are good too..

As mummy too i understand your feelings, but there is nothing wrong with formula milk, but we all know that breast milk is all the best of all. but the decide is depend on you.

Hi Lovely0315,

If that's my situation i will not follow what your mother in law talking, and i don't believe that more 6 months your supply will be lesser.
if you have lots of supply don't change your baby into formula milk. just think whats good for your baby :)
just like i did...:Dancing_tongue:

Beth72

breastfeeding milk powder, milo, horlick, cereal, oat, health supplements, all these also can.. soups are good t

It's true that i used to.