[[ sign tt baby is ready for weaning(semi solid) food? ]]

maichiang

Hi beautiful mommies, may i know wad are the signs for baby who is ready for weaning..

thou mi boi is jz 13 weeks now..he is like 'chewing',stares at our mouth when we eat,suckles his thumbs(thinkin tt he's hungry,i put him to mi breast,he refuses),not latching on as frequently as he used to,pulling away frm breast..

btw jz went for the 3rd mnth jab n assesment,he is a hefty 8.2kg..ehehe..

biscuit

Hi
3rd month at8.7kg is tip top high percentile! Well done mama.
It is still best to wait till bb 6 month then start him on semi solid. His tiny tummy may not ready for foods other than milk during first 6 month.
Talk to ur pd if your bb constantly seems not satisfying after nurse or after his milk feed.

Although 6 month is the general rule, there are exception that some bb may ready for semi solid earlier than that.
But 3rd or 4th mnth still very very early to start. If can, try to wait. They will have their entire life eating solid so no hurry. Mama milks is the best for the first year. Solid is just supplement for eating fun.

maichiang

Hi
3rd month at8.7kg is tip top high percentile! Well done mama.
It is still best to wait till bb 6 month then start him on semi solid. His tiny tummy may not ready for foods other than milk during first 6 month.
Talk to ur pd if your bb constantly seems not satisfying after nurse or after his milk feed.

Although 6 month is the general rule, there are exception that some bb may ready for semi solid earlier than that.
But 3rd or 4th mnth still very very early to start. If can, try to wait. They will have their entire life eating solid so no hurry. Mama milks is the best for the first year. Solid is just supplement for eating fun.
hmm..yea milk is definitely the best..but sumtimes i feel tt he wants more..he does suckle loads bt its like sumthing is missing..maybe i will consult to a pd when he reaches the 4th mnth..thks sweetie=D

knut29

hi mommies

whoa your babies are growing a lot! Mine is only 5kg+ at 3 months, though I feed her regularly..

Wonder if it is becoz I am of small build, thus the milk dont have sufficient fats to feed baby?

Or is it that I should feed baby more?

What are your secrets to the heavy babies?

Thanks!

maichiang

hi mommies

whoa your babies are growing a lot! Mine is only 5kg+ at 3 months, though I feed her regularly..

Wonder if it is becoz I am of small build, thus the milk dont have sufficient fats to feed baby?

Thanks!
i dun tink builds make a diff..i haf a fren who is big built bt her boi is on the small side as well..[i used to be small build<-haix=(]

feed frequently i guess..bt ple say sum mummy's milk is more 'fattening' den others..or it might also depend on how well your daughter's body is able to absorb the bf?? how frequently she drinks?? how much she poos?? <-mi guesses onli..

bt at the end of the dae, as long as your child is healthy & active,it shld be gd enuff=D

Mummy to Baby V

hi mommies

Thanks!
I'm very petite, while hubby was overweight as a child (now average build). Guess it also depends on birth weight and baby's natural appetite. I simply breastfed him on demand and he'd a large appetite since birth. He kept growing and I kept losing weight, had to eat A LOT to keep up with him. Home visit nurse advised me to eat lots of multigrain carbo, protein and good fats to produce creamy milk and keep up my own weight. I could freely indulge in full cream milk (500ml a day), butter and cheesecake, which is a good thing. Ha...

After 6 months old, baby became more active and his weight gain slowed down a lot. Now about 50+ percentile, which is ok too since we're not big build parents anyway. Most importantly, is being fit and healthy. :)

knut29

thank you mommies for the info.. =) my baby feeds 4oz per 2-3hrly.. she poo-ed 4-5 times per day.. guess maybe i didnt eat enough of fats?

ya so long as she reached the milestones (raise her head etc etc), and is healthy and strong.. but just that some people commented that my baby is small.. abit sad to hear that.. =s

ast0212

thank you mommies for the info.. =) my baby feeds 4oz per 2-3hrly.. she poo-ed 4-5 times per day.. guess maybe i didnt eat enough of fats?

ya so long as she reached the milestones (raise her head etc etc), and is healthy and strong.. but just that some people commented that my baby is small.. abit sad to hear that.. =s
Breastfed babies come in all shapes and sizes. There is no need to fatten them up unless they are malnutrition (which is unlikely for a fully breastfed bub). Keep doing what you're doing :)

maichiang

as long as they've reached their milestone,are active & healthy..it shld be gd enuff mummies! enjoy your time wid your precious lil ones=D

Priya Diva

Don't worry abt pple's comments.. Everybody like to give comments.[ Thin ayoih so thin better give more milk.. fat ayoih so fat and chubby careful later become obeses].. As long as baby is strong and healthy thats enough :)