signs/symptoms of ear infection

Can i know what are the signs/symptoms of ear infection?
My girl (6 months) been scratching and "pulling" both her ears till red red, but no watery discharge seen in her ears. Not sure if the scratching is due to itchy? Please advised.

Thanks

BbpHir3

my gal oso 6mths.. she oso do the same... den i c got abit of rashes on n near the ear now n then.. but the rash go away within a day.. den the next day got again, but at diff place of the ear..
izzit all babies will go thru the stage of the "pulling ears"??

mine got no rashes but got scratch marks.
btw, saw yr avatar you put yr gal in the high chair? she can sit up so well already? mine still cant sit up straight without support...

Elaine010

For ds the first sign of ear infection is not drinking milk well, then follow by high fever. only pd can use a scope to check and know is it a infection.

BbpHir3

mine got no rashes but got scratch marks.
btw, saw your avatar you put your gal in the high chair? she can sit up so well already? mine still cant sit up straight without support...
the avatar is my gal fall aslp on high chair at a coffeeshop.. kekeke... she can fall aslp ANYWHERE.. seriously...

DD can sit straight by herself.. when we go super market, she can sit on the trolley as long as our "pushing" not too kua zhang (too fast or too sudden).. she now alr starting to learn how to crawl.. can "semi-crawl" liaoz.. from the head of my queen size bed to the end she only need bout 3 - 5seconds? she even manage to change her position from "lying on tummy" to "sitting" for a few times.. n if got things for her to support/hold on she can change her position from "sitting" to "standing"..

For dear son the first sign of ear infection is not drinking milk well, then follow by high fever. only pediatrician can use a scope to check and know is it a infection.
i think all infection will come with a fever right? so no fever = no infection..

Elaine010

i think all infection will come with a fever right? so no fever = no infection..[/quote]

Yes, when ds abt 1 yr old, most of the time he got fever sure down with ear infection.
That time the infection came so frequent till he need to go thru a day surgery to insert a small tube inside the ear to drain out the fluid. Lucky now he already out grow that terrible stage and no more ear infection.

arn0432

Alpha Male
my baby also 6mths n also pulling her ears but no smelly.sometimes she pull until its red n i actually help her rub cause d way she pull like as if her ear can fall off. so scary!!