similac milk powder

joanneang

any mummies let your bb drink simliac ?

my boy is 2mth old, now drink 140ml with 2 n half spoon of millk powder.. may i knw how much n how may spoon of milk powder do mummies give to your 2mth old bb..my doc ask me not to see the indication stated at the milk powder canned,so how do i knw how much shld i give??

pls advice..

duckiemom

any mummies let your baby drink simliac ?

my boy is 2mth old, now drink 140ml with 2 n half spoon of millk powder.. may i knw how much n how may spoon of milk powder do mummies give to your 2mth old baby..my doc ask me not to see the indication stated at the milk powder canned,so how do i knw how much shld i give??

pls advice..
hi there,
my Belle also drinks similac, she's 4mths old now, and she is drinking 140ml per feed. But we go according to the indicated amount on the tin can ie 2 spoons + 1/3 spoon of milk powder for 140ml feed.
As to how much one bb should drink, it really depends on individual's appetitie ( i tink since i am a 1st mom :001_302:) if your boy seems satisfied and happy after the feed and doesn't cry for more, should be alrite :Dancing_wub:
any reason why your pd ask u don't see the indication on the tin can??

joanneang

hi there,
my Belle also drinks similac, she's 4mths old now, and she is drinking 140ml per feed. But we go according to the indicated amount on the tin can ie 2 spoons + 1/3 spoon of milk powder for 140ml feed.
As to how much one baby should drink, it really depends on individual's appetitie ( i tink since i am a 1st mom :001_302:) if your boy seems satisfied and happy after the feed and doesn't cry for more, should be alrite :Dancing_wub:
any reason why your pediatrician ask you dont't see the indication on the tin can??
hihi...

i have no idea y my pediatrician askk me not to follow the indication ,she just told me that is not acturate..okie now i knw how much milk powder had to added for my boy. i add 2 spoon + half spoon of milk powder n you add 2 spoon + 1/3 of milk powder,think shld be ard the same ya... hehe..tks so much for your reply...so how old is your girl now? still drinking smiliac? do you thought of changing milk powder for her??

apollo

ds also drinking similac and now on GainIQ. 1 scoop = 60ml water. if u're making 120ml means 2 scoop. =)

ehh i guess maybe ur pd is telling u not to follow the: how old shd drink how much part on the tin??? =)

yellowpages

Hi, my gal also drink similac. Now 3+mths. Giving her 120ml per feed. Is it too little?

BTW, do u know of any places to get Similac 1 at cheaper price? no. 1 very expensive hor, and usually no discount/ promotional price given.

Ting

agree with apollo, your PD might meant dont follow the age thingy cos diff baby hv diff needs.

yellowpages: if your baby doesnt fuss or ask for more milk after her feed, it is fine. diff baby hv diff needs. :)

duckiemom

hihi...

i have no idea y my pediatrician askk me not to follow the indication ,she just told me that is not acturate..okie now i knw how much milk powder had to added for my boy. i add 2 spoon + half spoon of milk powder n you add 2 spoon + 1/3 of milk powder,think shld be around the same ya... hehe..thanks so much for your reply...so how old is your girl now? still drinking smiliac? do you thought of changing milk powder for her??
hi hi,
my Belle is now 4 mths 1 week old. No plans to change milk powder since it suits her just fine and she is growing well. Just went to see pd for vaccination, Belle is now 7.1kg & 6.65cm :Dancing_wub:
and ya, if any moms out there that knows where to get cheaper (but made in Singapore) similac, pls share e info ya :tlaugh:

yellowpages

agree with apollo, your pediatrician might meant dont follow the age thingy cos diff baby have diff needs.

yellowpages: if your baby doesnt fuss or ask for more milk after her feed, it is fine. diff baby have diff needs. :)
Thanks Ting. Ya, she didn't fuss. Sometimes her 120ml feed have to spread over 2 feeds wor.

JPng

my boy is 2mth old, now drink 140ml with 2 n half spoon of millk powder.. may i knw how much n how may spoon of milk powder do mummies give to your 2mth old baby..my doc ask me not to see the indication stated at the milk powder canned,so how do i knw how much shld i give??

pls advice..
hi,

my gal is now 2 mths plus and drinking 100ml of milk (similac). abt 1 and 3/4 scoops of milk powder. she seems ok wif it. we have not increase the amt as sometimes she will "spit" some milk out. so observe her for a while first.
by the way, wat's the interval between feeds?

joanneang

hi,

my gal is now 2 mths plus and drinking 100ml of milk (similac). about 1 and 3/4 scoops of milk powder. she seems ok with it. we have not increase the amt as sometimes she will "spit" some milk out. so observe her for a while first.
by the way, what's the interval between feeds?
hi ,

my boy is now 2mth plus also, i gave him 140ml with 2 and 1/2 scoops of milk powder every 4hrly..

zjjx

Hi, my gal also drink similac. Now 3+mths. Giving her 120ml per feed. Is it too little?

BTW, do you know of any places to get Similac 1 at cheaper price? no. 1 very expensive , and usually no discount/ promotional price given.
yes, ususally stage 1 milk powder no discount. or u can try to search at some small shop where quite cheaper, like a medicine shop at admiralty mrt, Infalac 1 only sale at 39 while cold storage sale at 43.5 and fair price sale at 43. think similac also 3,4 dollars cheaper than supermarket, but they only accept cash.

if u cannot find such shop in ur area. u can apply Maybank Family & Friends Platinum MasterCard. it can earn 5% cash rebate in cold storage and fair price Xtra, so u can save 2 dollar plus for 1 tin milk powder.

shopaholic

I'll feed my baby on demand, i.e how much he can drink, I'll give. I too think the directions your PD refers to is the right amount of powder to mix with water, maybe not on the amount of milk to give.

Ting

hi,

my gal is now 2 mths plus and drinking 100ml of milk (similac). about 1 and 3/4 scoops of milk powder. she seems ok with it. we have not increase the amt as sometimes she will "spit" some milk out. so observe her for a while first.
by the way, what's the interval between feeds?
interval also depends on your child.
ie some kids take 90ml per 2hrs while some might take 120ml per 3 hrs. depend on how much your kid drinks.
to some ppl, they prefer to feed more but longer interval. eg instead of 120ml per 3 hrs, maybe they try to drag to 180 pr 4 hrs or something.
just examples, not exact figures. :)

zjjx

milk powder in shen siong also cheaper then other supermarket. if pay by citibank smrt cc also got 4.7% rebate, total can save 4-5 dollars per tin.

JPng

milk powder in shen siong also cheaper then other supermarket. if pay by citibank smrt cc also got 4.7% rebate, total can save 4-5 dollars per tin.
Hi,

saw fr sheng siong, similac (900g) $41.90, cheaper than NTUC by $0.05.
(i do not have citi card), but have ntuc link card, so can accumulate points.

steven

Hi,

saw fr sheng siong, similac (900g) $41.90, cheaper than NTUC by $0.05.
(i do not have citi card), but have ntuc link card, so can accumulate points.
if pay by citibank smrt cc also got 4.7% rebate, is it cash instant rebate?

shen siong North East where have?

i stay near Buangkok mrt only have ntuc...

pls advice..
did you asked your doctor, why he's not letting you look at indication?

hpc

Hi new mummies,I have some Similac pre-mixed bottled milk to give away.Ideal for new born babies.Selt-collection at Pasir Ris.Single mummy most welcome.Pm me if interested.:shyxxx::err::red: