Similac

bad newwwsssss ... hb & i were @ Guardian @ Giant p ris ... tried to grab Stage 1 Similac which sat behind price tag $36.50. sekali scan oreadi it showed ......

$39.50!!!!! knn kena trick.

please ignore my earlier posts abt this!!!!!! :bangry:

mummymirda

it's kindda weird. I just bought Similac stage 1 at NTUC located at Woodlands ESSO petrol station 2 days ago. It cost only $35.60. Really cheap right??? My DH bought 1 can first when the scan shows that amt,we grab 2 more cans. It is not stated the item is on promotion etc. I went to NTUC fairprice at Civic Centre the same day & saw the price is $39.80. Me & DH were so curious of the great price difference.:err:

mummymirda

which ESSO station??? lol ... i think Similac distributors are very very confused!
WF,NTUC Fairprice,Esso Petrol Station at Woodlands Ave 1. I told my DH we'll try purchase 1 can first see if it's really $35.60. When the cashier scan the barcode,it reflected that price & I told the cashier to wait & DH took 2 more cans. hahaha.. so kiasu right??:tlaugh:

gjchii

my son is feed on "Similac advance Eye-Q with iron", step 1 (for 0-12 months), 900g, buy from Malaysia. RM56. (about SGD 24)
i did compare its content with similac follow-on that sell at s'pore market, both same. and both are product from ireland.

my son is feed on "Similac advance Eye-Q with iron", step 1 (for 0-12 months), 900g, buy from Malaysia. RM56. (about SGD 24)
i did compare its content with similac follow-on that sell at s'pore market, both same. and both are product from ireland.

hey mummymirda, since you're in woodlands ... lol!

gjchii, thx for your tip! do you buy from JB? if so, which part? my dh & i go into jb pretty frequently lah, that's why.

Ah Cheng

My son is also taking Similac Infant.
But he seems to be very heaty, got "redness" on his face.
He also got alot of eye discharges.

Do you give your baby water to drink to help on the heatness?
Heard it's not good to give water to new born baby.
Any advise?

mummymirda

hey mummymirda, since you're in woodlands ... lol!

gjchii, thx for your tip! do you buy from JB? if so, which part? my dh & i go into jb pretty frequently lah, that's why.
:tlaugh:good deal.. must go & check it out. we seldom go to JB since i gave birth 4mths ago~ planning to go next wk though.

Ace mummy

Hi gichii,
May I request a little sample of the similac stage 1 that u had bought from malaysia. I wanted to buy from Jb but am very concern cos I heard it different flavour from singapore. I scare that my baby won't be able to get use. Can u please email to me at thefishinc@yahoo.com.sg I will pay for the postage. Thank you very much.

gjchii

well.... i did compare the content and country of origin.... but didnt compare on the taste and flavour...
actually i buy similac at those chinese medical hall, and from my survey from few shop, they price range are in between RM56-RM58, all located in a town called pontian, about 45min from JB, i wrote JB in previous post because i dont think you all know this small town..... :p
but i think you can go to chinese medicall hall at JB at housing area (taman sentosa, taman tebrau, taman pelangi, taman century), i think their price will be cheaper also, sure can get one 900g tin below SGD30 lor......
i need to remind you that if you like to buy similac at malaysia, must becareful on the packaging, bcos similac got 2 range in malaysia market: similac eyeQ and similac advance eyeQ. from my survey:
similac stage one - yellow lid, product from spain.
similac stage two - sorry, i forgot the color, from spain.
similac advance (with additional iron) - blue lid, from ireland
similac advance (with normal qty of iron) - green lid, from ireland.
and for both similac advance, we only can found step 1 in market, no step 2, bcos this formula is recommand to 0-12 month (has indicated on tin). this is diff with similac in sg.
what my son consume is similac advance with iron, the content is same with similac follow-on in sg.
somemore, now Abbot has combine similac advance with iron and normal iron into one, now already can found the new improve product in the market, it say is added the shield system to protect baby's gut. i havent try this new formula as still got old stock. i have compare the content, is diff from what i am using now. product also from ireland.
so if you like to buy similac in malaysia, must prepare that the old stock will finish soon, at that time we need to shift to new formula if still want to buy from m'sia. new formula is about RM60-61 at those chinese medical hall.
now i worry whether my son can adapt the new formula later? and whether similac in sg will change to improve formula later??

for those who still like to request sample, can, no problem. but now i stay at my mother's place at malaysia, only will back to sg by November. pls pm me your name and contact no, i will contact you once i back to sg. TQ.

Last edited:

dogbaby_25

I never trust M'sia milk powder products ... I personall feel it's not the same and my colleagues also feels the same ...

gjchii

understand some have no confidence with m'sia milk product...
but afterall, Abbott is an international co, so its QC and QA generally can be trusted, i think.
and i guess this is why similac at malaysia got 2 range, similac eyeQ is cheaper than similac advance eyeQ, so maybe its formula is diff and is cater to those who cant afford to similac advance (which has the same content with similac in sg, that why more expensive lor...) but all this only my guessing lah.. haha.....

last, i've read a post from a mummy from another thread, she has a nutritonal background and she is give her baby NAN.HA (which is hypoallergy). so maybe i will try this for my 2nd baby in future.

again, any of your baby show discomfort when shift from similac step 1 to step 2, or step 2 to step3?

arcaninx

Alpha Male
I have 7 tins of Similac Follow on selling at $36 each. Free 1 400g with every purchase of 3 tins. Bought in Singapore. INterested pls contact me @ 96414497