Singapore says 'No' to wearable devices for Covid-19 contact tracing

The Government of the Republic of Singapore proposes that wearable devices be adopted for use by the general population in near-future efforts to reliably achieve contact tracing of persons that have recently come into contact with a Covid-19 infected person.

Minister-in-charge of the Smart Nation initiative, Vivian Balakrishnan, announced the proposal on June 5. He cited poor inter-operability of the existing Trace Together smartphone app across various brands of smartphones as well as the Government's subsequent non-compulsory usage stance as reasons for developing a wearable device.

Such a device, if proven to be successful in trials - and subsequently made available to everyone - would allow contact tracers to locate a person's whereabouts based on their proximity to other persons' phones, cell towers, or potentially their wearable devices themselves.

.......... All that is stopping the Singapore Government from becoming a surveillance state is the advent and mandating the compulsory usage of such a wearable device. What comes next would be laws that state these devices must not be turned off/remain on a person at all times - thus sealing our fate as a police state.

More at https://tinyurl.com/y39426jt

davidowen

Don't you think it is better that it was called off? If not for any reason but security reasons. Now I don't really like to get involved in all this coronavirus saga. With the way I was too involved in all this stuff the other time, it almost ruined me. But, we can all agree that this covid has affected us mentally due to the various imposed restrictions. And now another issue that is arising is the issue of the vaccine. Honestly, I don't think I can advise anyone to go for the vaccine because it's kinda dangerous, and I'm also not going. But I'm still conscious of this virus by taking tests from https://www.confirmbiosciences.com/covid19-instant-coronavirus-test-kit/ test kit. It's better than going through that vaccine pain tbh.

Last edited: