Single mom to be....

shersy

Just found out that I'm pregnant. around 7 weeks now. If all is well, my EDD should be around May 2014. I really hope my family won't object this violently and make me go for abortion.. any single mom(to be) in bukit panjang area as well?

Jadan

hi, Shersy, i'm jadan, chinese male professional in my forties. I've attended the Pre-adoption briefing months ago ... now still waiting, still hoping, still praying ... still strongly yearning to adopt a baby boy to raise and love.

Why do I ask for a son? Because I'm not allowed to adopt baby girls as I lack an important piece of paper called a marriage cert. So I'm only allowed to adopt baby boys.

Why don't I get married? I hope to, but sometimes things don't turn out the way you want, you don't always get what you wish for in life. Not everyone who's single choose to be single. And childless.

I love children very much, I'm financially stable with a good income, well educated with post-grad degree, no bad habits or vices, confident of being a good parent to any child. I have read almost every parenting book I can find, I can give all the love and care a child needs to grow up happy and healthy.

If you wish to give your unborn or newborn child up for adoption to a good family, you might wish to Email me at: jadan_blake@yahoo.com

I'm very willing to pay for all expenses incurred during your pregnancy and delivery, including nutritional needs, doctor's fees, hospitalization bills, etc. Do email me for further discussion if you're keen.

Thanks for reading.

cassiel

Hi shersy! I'm new here... If everything goes well, my EDD will also be in May 2014. I'm also single... still together with the father but due to certain complicated circumstances, we can't get married at the moment (and may never be able to). I'm in AMK though, but feel free to PM me if you need support!

ellyellie

Hi Shersy and Cassiel, I'm a single mum too. I'm in kinda of a similar situation with Cassiel.

My EDD is 22nd March :)

Nice to meet you ladies

ellyellie

Hi Elly, Nice to meet you too. How are you coping? Hope everything is going along well for you!
I must say that it's not easy...there are lots of ups and downs. All I wish for is a healthy baby girl and I'm looking forward to seeing her

cassiel

I'm feeling the same. Worrying about how to cope in the months ahead and knowing that the real challenge will come once baby is born. But nothing will comfort me more than knowing the little one inside is healthy. I was so close to getting an abortion last month but I backed out at the last minute.
Some days I feel so stressed out with a tough job and thinking about what lies ahead at the same time. But I know I will do anything to give the baby the best that I can.
I haven't told many people not even my own parents- so I'm in this mostly alone at the moment as well...you be strong and look forward to holding your baby girl in your arms! :)

flowerii

Hi Cassiel and Ellyellie, I am a single mum with a 5 mth old boy. Am in the same situation too. Still together (or shld i say, on talking terms..) with my boy's dad but we are not married and i doubt we will get married.. Can pm me if you need any support. As someone who has been through the same situation, I hope i can give some support or help if possible. It's not easy, and it's not going to be easy in the future too. Be strong, ladies! Once you have your lil bundle of joy in your arms, you'll realise that you are a super woman. :)

ellyellie

Hi Cassiel and Ellyellie, I am a single mum with a 5 month old boy. Am in the same situation too. Still together (or shld i say, on talking terms..) with my boy's dad but we are not married and i doubt we will get married.. Can pm me if you need any support. As someone who has been through the same situation, I hope i can give some support or help if possible. It's not easy, and it's not going to be easy in the future too. Be strong, ladies! Once you have your lil bundle of joy in your arms, you'll realise that you are a super woman. :)
Hi Flowerii,

Thanks for the encouraging words!

I just had a chat with my manager and I am so glad that he has agreed to let me go on a few months sabbatical after I've used up my maternity leave. I am looking forward to breastsfeeding my baby girl (fingers crossed that she will latch on)

I've started to attend a couple of yoga and pilates classes per week to occupy my time and getting myself into a healthy routine.

What have you ladies been doing or did (in flowerii case)?

flowerii

You have a good manager, ellyellie. And yes, breastfeeding is definitely the most amazing experience I ever had. I can still remember the first time he latched on.. that feeling is indescribable.

As for leave, I took 1+ mth of unpaid leave after my 2 mth maternity leave ended, and I started my ML 3wks before I gave birth.. Abit wasted. But my boy is huge (he's 3.7kg at birth) and I was really too tired to go to and fro work everyday. Went back to work before my boy turns 3 mths old.

I didn't attend any classes prior to giving birth as Im trying to save up as much as possible.. Just watch youtube for prenatal exercise and do at home. haha. Hosp bill has already taken up quite a fair bit of my savings (i had e-csec as I couldnt dilate after 10 hrs of inducing), so now I'm trying to earn more $$. Can foresee how stressful it will be in the future when education fees and etc etc kicks in.

julee22

Hello mom-to-be!!!

:bounce: so exciting to be pregnant! I'm a single mom myself, the road is going to be challenging but seeing your bb at the end is worth it!

hi shersy & cassei

i'm also a single mother to a 21 month old son..
similar situation, i doubt i will get married...

i just wanna tell you to jiayou! if you have the determination to be with your kid, you will be able to find ways to overcome the barrier...
i know said is easier than done.. and i am still learning as my boy grows..

anything you can pm me to chat k..

don't keep everything inside.. be cheerful and you will have a cheerful baby to boost your emotions when he/she is out...

hpc

Hi ,
single mummies,I've bag of infant girls clothing,mittens hats to give away.Self collections at my place only,PASIR RIS ELIAS MALL.
If need any babysitter do pm me for more info 97327396.

cassiel

Hi Flowerii,

Thanks for the encouraging words!

I just had a chat with my manager and I am so glad that he has agreed to let me go on a few months sabbatical after I've used up my maternity leave. I am looking forward to breastsfeeding my baby girl (fingers crossed that she will latch on)

I've started to attend a couple of yoga and pilates classes per week to occupy my time and getting myself into a healthy routine.

What have you ladies been doing or did (in flowerii case)?
Wow, I wish I could request for a few month sabbatical also! But the most I can get is another month of unpaid leave like in flowerii's case. Will try to start the ML as late as possible depending on circumstances. I will probably sign up for antenatal class in my 7th month or so, as I'm really clueless. :x

flowerii

Wow, I wish I could request for a few month sabbatical also! But the most I can get is another month of unpaid leave like in flowerii's case. Will try to start the ML as late as possible depending on circumstances. I will probably sign up for antenatal class in my 7th month or so, as I'm really clueless. :x
oo Cassiel, didn't realise you're on this thread.. haha.

Yea try to start your ML as late as possible. I kinda regret starting mine too early. Who will be taking care of your baby? If the main caretaker is experienced or have taken care of baby before (like in my case, my mum used to take care of my cousin 15 years ago..), I don't think it is necessary to sign up for antenatal class (can save up the $$). Just do a lot of research online. I guess the main thing is to learn how to bathe your baby.. That requires some hands-on practising.. I don't dare to bathe my boy till he is around 2 mths old. It is always my mum who does it. :001_302:

ellyellie

So busy. So many things to do. My maid just arrived and I have to register her and myself for first aid and babycare courses

Im so scared of having to handle a fragile newborn baby!

cassiel

oo Cassiel, didn't realise you're on this thread.. haha.

Yea try to start your ML as late as possible. I kinda regret starting mine too early. Who will be taking care of your baby? If the main caretaker is experienced or have taken care of baby before (like in my case, my mum used to take care of my cousin 15 years ago..), I don't think it is necessary to sign up for antenatal class (can save up the $$). Just do a lot of research online. I guess the main thing is to learn how to bathe your baby.. That requires some hands-on practising.. I don't dare to bathe my boy till he is around 2 mths old. It is always my mum who does it. :001_302:
Hi flowerii,

My mum is probably going to help me a little in the initial months... The last time she took care of a baby was, well, when I was a baby. Haha. So I probably need to practise hands-on myself first... The antenatal class will cost $, but I'm more afraid of hurting my baby or being unsure when the time comes -_- A confinement nanny is going to cost much more $$$, so I doubt that's an option.