Single MTB cannot buy Flat from HDB

lowe

Hi All

I am single MTB in Aug. Recently went down to HDB to enquire about whether I can purchase a house direct from HDB.

HDB officer not friendly, just said you can buy with your parents in open market. You got to pay the levy as you ever purhcase a house using housing grant.

Me pregnant but not getting married to bb father as I feel he is not responsible. Was thinking of buying 3rm flat from HDB..using my CPF.

As my salary is more than $1.5K thus does not allow me to rent from HDB.

Anyone having the same situation as me?

mag_huiling

Hi All

I am single MTB in Aug. Recently went down to HDB to enquire about whether I can purchase a house direct from HDB.

HDB officer not friendly, just said you can buy with your parents in open market. You got to pay the levy as you ever purhcase a house using housing grant.

Me pregnant but not getting married to baby father as I feel he is not responsible. Was thinking of buying 3rm flat from HDB..using my CPF.

As what i enquired before, Singles, even if u have a child, you still have to wait till 35yrs old then can purchase. unless you r divorced/widowed, then you can purchase after u're 21 yrs old.

And as long as u're above 21, you can join name with your parent to buy a flat. (Correct me if im wrong.)

HDB also dont allow me to buy cause of my age, thou im currently on separation. :(

Cashmere

Hi All

Me pregnant but not getting married to baby father as I feel he is not responsible. Was thinking of buying 3rm flat from HDB..using my CPF.

Me too. I appeal for 7years to HDB but all rejected. Try going to MP & they approve my appeal but giving me NO GRAND NO 1ST TIMER BENIFIT LOW LOAN AMOUNT ONLY CAN BUY RESALE FLAT !!! as the resale flat price are high & usually need high COV I totally have no cash. cant affort to buy now too. have go to MP and appeal again for higher loan or housing grand, waiting for the reply.

mag_huiling

Me too. I appeal for 7years to HDB but all rejected. Try going to MP & they approve my appeal but giving me NO GRAND NO 1ST TIMER BENIFIT LOW LOAN AMOUNT ONLY CAN BUY RESALE FLAT !!! as the resale flat price are high & usually need high COV I totally have no cash. cant affort to buy now too. have go to MP and appeal again for higher loan or housing grand, waiting for the reply.
Seems like HDB really making things difficult for people!! Knowing one's situation still "take advantage"!! !^%#$!#^*

apollo

No offence but lets think this way: Singapore has very limited space for more HDB flats. So maybe they leave getting new flat (or from HDB flat) the priority for those married couples, thus 'not enough' for all single mummies.

But then again, I think maybe they shd consider one's salary 1st before giving such rules.. As in, if the single mummy can earn as much as what a married couple earns, then can apply. cos means the mother herself also can afford to pay for the flat's installment etc.. or maybe set the salary limit higher for those who wish to rent flat from HDB??

btw Mag, y on seperation cannot apply??

Last edited:

apollo

i thought usually the loan amount is base on ur mthly salary and if u have any liabilities? and they only count by ur basic, doesnt include commission/OT etc.. last time my hubby's basic pay was low so HDB grant us v low loan amount too. but for the housing grant i think can try to appeal =)

mag_huiling

No offence but lets think this way: Singapore has very limited space for more HDB flats. So maybe they leave getting new flat (or from HDB flat) the priority for those married couples, thus 'not enough' for all single mummies.

But then again, I think maybe they should consider one's salary 1st before giving such rules.. As in, if the single mummy can earn as much as what a married couple earns, then can apply. cos means the mother herself also can afford to pay for the flat's installment etc.. or maybe set the salary limit higher for those who wish to rent flat from HDB??

"rule" by HDB lor.. officially divorce liao then can apply lor.. ARGHH!!

ya, they should consider the salary of a single parent too... but too bad.. sg govt still "old-fashion" thinking... hais....

Cashmere

Seems like HDB really making things difficult for people!! Knowing one's situation still "take advantage"!! !^%#$!#^*

Single mum like me are always been taken advantage by our gov.
They taken all previlage away from me & my son but end up we still have to contribute to our gov, ie: tax & NS :bmad: its so unfair !

Herbert Lim

Alpha Male
Single mum like me are always been taken advantage by our gov.
They taken all previlage away from me & my son but end up we still have to contribute to our gov, ie: tax & NS :bmad: its so unfair !
hi

would u willing to join some of our events to learn more about life after divorced / single parenting?

VCHUASY

Hi, I oso having the same problem, I went to c the MP thrice n happily the mp helped me n told me no pro but hdb rejected all my appeals with a stupid excuse saying that only ppl with proper family nucleus then can apply so I hv to wait for 35 yr old b4 i can buy from OPEN market n not directly from hdb under the single scheme, damm wu qing, u mean single mums not human meh, why do they hv so many restrictions,if i can afford of coz i will buy from open market, open market need so much cov , crazy.....hai dunno wat to do, desperate....

mag_huiling

MP's are of no help, unless your MP is Mah Bow Tan. But even if your MP is Mah Bow Tan, He'll just "entertain" you by saying he will look into it and reply you. But at the end, no reply at all!

This is a rule that single whom have never married before, can only purchase after 35 years old.

BeingSingle

But then again, I think maybe they shd consider one's salary 1st before giving such rules.. As in, if the single mummy can earn as much as what a married couple earns, then can apply. cos means the mother herself also can afford to pay for the flat's installment etc.. or maybe set the salary limit higher for those who wish to rent flat from HDB??

think if above 35yrs old, single mums with income below 8k is allowed to purchase flat..
also i think the income ceiling is per household. so if married couple, they will look at combined income. if single mum, they will look at mum's income.
if single mum's income is above 8k, than cannot buy HDB..

i know coz i am a single mum, above 35yrs old and my income is above the income ceiling and they told me no HDB straight in my face...but i still dont think its fair coz i am alone raising a child. i need all the money i can put aside for her in case anything should happen to me. she has only me! but no, they dont think this way!

Last edited:

koreanfashion

i really envy you, because in china it is too hard for young people to buy a house, real estate prices are always too high.

BeingSingle

i really envy you, because in china it is too hard for young people to buy a house, real estate prices are always too high.
hi there..the prices in SG are also too high. its almost the same kind of pinch if you take the annual average income vs the cost of an apartment if both cities..
same headache, different cities :)

VCHUASY

MP's are of no help, unless your MP is Mah Bow Tan. But even if your MP is Mah Bow Tan, He'll just "entertain" you by saying he will look into it and reply you. But at the end, no reply at all!

This is a rule that single whom have never married before, can only purchase after 35 years old.
Aiya, married or not makes no diff, heartless govt, tats all i can say. so now i got to wait for a few more mths b4 i m 35, keep my fingers cross, hopefully i can get a flat, oya, when i went to mps i remember i told him if my application is not approved does tat mean my gal n me got to sleep under the bridge:001_302:, i thk he was kind of pissed off, ahhh hack care.

mag_huiling

Hahahahaha..... What's his reply? If he say yes, go and sleep under a bridge and get someone to call the newspaper! Get vouchers somemore! And get that MP into trouble. LOL!

Since it's only a few more months away, then bear for that few more months. Most likely able to get bah. The last BTO at yishun was lousy, maybe you can consider applying for it, chances to get higher.

VCHUASY

Hahahahaha..... What's his reply? If he say yes, go and sleep under a bridge and get someone to call the newspaper! Get vouchers somemore! And get that MP into trouble. LOL!

Since it's only a few more months away, then bear for that few more months. Most likely able to get bah. The last BTO at yishun was lousy, maybe you can consider applying for it, chances to get higher.[/QUO

Hehee...he din reply me, just kept quiet. I dun thk I m entitled any BTO coz i can only buy a flat from the open market under the single scheme, singles cannot buy direct from hdb, damm freak rite, wats the diff, single or married still got to stay alive rite....hai....:wong19: