Single mum entitlements

hi mummies...

need a little advice here...

as a single mum who just given birth a week ago, what are the benefits / entitlements that the government provides and i am entitled?

abit lost here....

i only know i am not entitled for the baby bonus....

Amulet

hi mummies...

need a little advice here...

as a single mum who just given birth a week ago, what are the benefits / entitlements that the government provides and i am entitled?

abit lost here....

i only know i am not entitled for the baby bonus....
2 months paid ML.. ur baby will also have her own CDA account which government will give ard $400 but no dollar to dollar matching..

If ur child goes to infantcare or childcare in future, can also get working mother subsidies.. If ur income is low, can apply for CFAC funding for childcare fees too..

malibu

We don't get dollar for dollar matching? Omg.
This excerpt was taken from MCYS's website on eligibility for baby bonus. Do take note of clause no.4:

Eligibility
What are the
eligibility criteria for the Baby Bonus Scheme if my child is born on or after
17 August 2008?

A child is eligible if he or she is:
a. born on or after 17 August
2008[SUP]1[/SUP];
b. a Singapore Citizen or becomes a Singapore
Citizen[SUP]2[/SUP];
c. born alive to the mother[SUP]3[/SUP]; and
d. the
mother is lawfully married to the child's father[SUP]4[/SUP].

Parents whose children do not meet the criteria can write to Baby Bonus
Section, MCYS, should they subsequently become eligible.

Note:
[SUP]1[/SUP]If the child is a Singapore Citizen and was
born before 17 August 2008 but whose estimated date of delivery (EDD) was on or
after 17 August 2008, parents can write to MCYS to check on his or her
eligibility for the enhanced Baby Bonus. They should include the original
doctor's certification on the EDD and copies of the following
documents:

- birth certificates of all children;
- citizenship
certificates or Singapore passport of all children (if applicable);
-
marriage certificate; and
- NRICs or passports of both parents

The
address is: Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports, Baby Bonus
Section, 512A Thomson Road, SLF Podium #02-01/09, Singapore

[SUP]2[/SUP]
The amount of cash gift and/or
matching Government contribution may be pro-rated according to the date of the
child's citizenship if the child is not a citizen by
birth.

[SUP]3[/SUP]As long as a child is born alive (i.e.
not a stillbirth), it will be counted as a live birth. Children who are not
Singapore Citizens and stepchildren are not considered in the counting of birth
order.

[SUP]4[/SUP]Children of single mothers who become
lawfully married to the father subsequently will be eligible for the Baby Bonus
Scheme. This must take place before the child reaches 12 years of age and the
parents must join the Scheme before the child turns 12 years of age.

Cheers,

Jameson - Husband of malibu.

LynDanial

U can write in to mcys to appeal for the baby bonus.. As for the $1 to $1 match is not eligible for 1first child... Only eligible for second child onwards.. ^_^

how many mummies are able to obtain the baby bonus by appealing?
any suggestions how to draft the letter in order to obtain the baby bonus?

if my baby is already 5 months, is it too late to appeal?

sorry for so many questions asked...

FafaSann

2 months paid ML.. ur baby will also have her own CDA account which government will give ard $400 but no dollar to dollar matching..

If ur child goes to infantcare or childcare in future, can also get working mother subsidies.. If ur income is low, can apply for CFAC funding for childcare fees too..
Hi, I single mom my son is 9mth old but I nvr receive letter from mcyd for the baby bonus. Linley advise

LynDanial

Don't think its too late for u... Cause i appeal for mine when my child was 3 years old and it was approved... I was given the lump sum instead of instalments.. :)

daydreamer

@ LynDanial, how do you do that? I wrote to MCYS but they still insisted that I must be married.
As for second child is entitled to matching scheme then how about twins? One of my child should be eligible then?

U can write in to mcys to appeal for the baby bonus.. As for the $1 to $1 match is not eligible for 1first child... Only eligible for second child onwards.. ^_^

Hi ! Anyone know if we can get subsidy for preschool books and uniform ?

Have applied for kifas for Son's next year K2 .. but in Jan need to pay in full including his textbooks and uniform while waiting for approval .. Total amounting to almost $300 plus !

hi so is it possible for me to appeal for the baby bonus? i have twinnes how to i go about doin it? can some one advise?

daydreamer

I have twins too but appeal won't help, however you will be able to apply later if you eventually get married with the bb father.

If you happens to marry another man later, together you 2 can adopt your bbs & will still entitle to bb bonus.

hi so is it possible for me to appeal for the baby bonus? i have twinnes how to i go about doin it? can some one advise?

flowerii

Hi mummies,

I'm also a lil confused. I wrote in to msf to enquire about baby bonus and their reply is that single parent is not entitled to any cash gift or 1 to 1 govt matching. So as single mum, what are we entitled to? From my understanding, it's the following..

1. Able to claim Medisave for consultation/delivery/hosp fees - just like married mothers.
2. 2 mths paid maternity leave.
3. Childcare subsidy for working mothers.
4. 0 childcare leave
5. $3000 medisave grant for newborns (born on or after 26 Aug 2012)

Is there anymore?

What is the $400 from MCYS about? Do we have to fill any forms or after birth of baby, MCYS will contact us directly? Can anyone direct me to any website/contact/information regarding this? I've been trying to search for websites that have consolidated a list of single mum entitlements.. but still can't find any..

TIA~

Last edited:

daydreamer

the $400 is the grow & share bonus given by gov (one time payout)

as for the 2 mths paid maternity leave, is from your employer (not from Gov), yes your child will get childcare sub,
childcare leave you may also get 3 days from employer (bal 3 days from Gov, we are not entitled to)

Hi mummies,

I'm also a lil confused. I wrote in to msf to enquire about baby bonus and their reply is that single parent is not entitled to any cash gift or 1 to 1 govt matching. So as single mum, what are we entitled to? From my understanding, it's the following..

1. Able to claim Medisave for consultation/delivery/hospital fees - just like married mothers.
2. 2 mths paid maternity leave.
3. Childcare subsidy for working mothers.
4. 0 childcare leave
5. $3000 medisave grant for newborns (born on or after 26 Aug 2012)

Is there anymore?

What is the $400 from MCYS about? Do we have to fill any forms or after birth of baby, MCYS will contact us directly? Can anyone direct me to any website/contact/information regarding this? I've been trying to search for websites that have consolidated a list of single mum entitlements.. but still can't find any..

TIA~

flowerii

the $400 is the grow & share bonus given by gov (one time payout)

as for the 2 mths paid maternity leave, is from your employer (not from Gov), yes your child will get childcare sub,
childcare leave you may also get 3 days from employer (bal 3 days from Gov, we are not entitled to)
oh i see. thanks. so the $400 will be deposited into our child's CDA or our own bank acc? does that mean that like married mum, we also have to apply for CDA acc at the hosp but instead of bb bonus, we only get that $400 deposited in?

I feel so disheartened after the govt announce the enhanced bb bonus.. =.= They name it marriage and PARENTHOOD scheme but leave out unwed mum.. so unwed mum being single parent is not considered as parenthood? crappy.

daydreamer

oh i see. thanks. so the $400 will be deposited into our child's CDA or our own bank acc? does that mean that like married mum, we also have to apply for CDA acc at the hosp but instead of bb bonus, we only get that $400 deposited in?

I feel so disheartened after the govt announce the enhanced bb bonus.. =.= They name it marriage and PARENTHOOD scheme but leave out unwed mum.. so unwed mum being single parent is not considered as parenthood? crappy.

For my case, the growth & shared bonus was given after bbs birth, therefor MCYS send me the form for CDA acct opening, so wasn't open at the hospital. You can check with MCYS.

We just hv to accept the discrimination, like we are not entitled to working mother tax rebate, Child rebate or parenthood rebate. They don't help us yet still take from us as we still need to pay income tax.

flowerii

For my case, the growth & shared bonus was given after bbs birth, therefor MCYS send me the form for CDA acct opening, so wasn't open at the hospital. You can check with MCYS.

We just have to accept the discrimination, like we are not entitled to working mother tax rebate, Child rebate or parenthood rebate. They dont't help us yet still take from us as we still need to pay income tax.
wonder if the current ruling party is not those miw, will there be any difference.. I recalled someone asking for better entitlements for single unwed mothers before.. don't rmb wat's his/her name or party he/she is with. i accept the discrimination and the social stigma for being a single mum, but a lil support from the govt is always appreciated and better than zero support.

will check with mcys on the bonus. thanks plenty for your info. ;)