Skin/complexion turn bad during preggie??

2011mummy

Wondering any mummies experience skin/complexion turn bad during pregnancy??
Noticed that my face gt irritations/redness/dryness easily with slight zits here & there. Hubby also notice such changes.

jas2909

Mine turned quite bad.. Initially just red patches then it became very dry and itchy.. red patch turning dull soon.. (-.-")

newbie35

hi. i had a very bad case of facial acne in first trimester and some patches of eczema (red patches) Cleared up by middle of second trimester but was left with scars that have yet to clear. Can't go out without concealer!!
Now 32 weeks and am waiting till I deliver before trying anything to clear the scars.
BTW - i had a reasonably good complexion before i got pregnant.

2011mummy

haiz..
seems normal for preggie women complexion to turn bad.
have been trying to drink more water, keep skin more moist if possible..

ls.ting

me too... now i dun dare to go out with no make-up... will sure scare all people away... during pregnancy my tummy, face and leg itchy like hell.. now left with so many scars and skin still very bad.. aiyo... i delivered my boy also make up...lol

2011mummy

me too... now i dont dare to go out with no make-up... will sure scare all people away... during pregnancy my tummy, face and leg itchy like hell.. now left with so many scars and skin still very bad.. aiyo... i delivered my boy also make up...lol
delivered with make up on ah.. won't u feel hot/sticky??? i dunno la if will sweat or wat but definitely dun feel good ba cos still have to remove make up after deliver??

ls.ting

delivered with make up on .. won't you feel hot/sticky??? i dont know if will sweat or what but definitely dont feel good cos still have to remove make up after deliver??
no la... i brought my make up stuff to hospital ma... then just use make up remover lo... coz i scared my colleague suddenly come to visit me... haha

TANZHENZHI

It's normal, but after delivered should go back to normal. My skin also turned very dry and my leg also feel itchy i scratch until got scar so ugly. But i heard if you're expecting a boy then your skin will become rough and ugly but if it's a girl then your skin very smooth. Dunno if it's true. :)

LOL.. i also lo.. now 2nd pregnancy also like tt.. so depressed.. dun dare to go out.. tried going to determa.. doc say is useless .. haiz...hw to survive till birth lo.. depress depress depress

icy_haze

Hmm tanzhenzi the part on the complexion link w e gender nt true leh. When I was having my boy, my complexion became better. No more oily face. Friends n family all commented that my complexion became better during preggie. Hehe

2011mummy

I also tink e myth on complexion with bb gender nt so true.. My mum also tell me mayb mine is a gal.. Cos bb gal will want to beautiful thus preggie mum become ugly.. But my mum complexion does nt change when she was expecting my sis & me lei

2011mummy

no ... i brought my make up stuff to hospital ... then just use make up remover ... coz i scared my colleague suddenly come to visit me... haha
Wow steady.. Still manage to pack with u.. Got time to pack thing ah.. I see last time my fren give birth like very shou mang jiao Ruan loh

cmeilim

my skin has turned drier, same now in my pregnanc #2 as in #1. it's normal, as a result of hormonal changes. drink more water, use more moisturiser, switch to a gel type of facial cleanser which does not foam so much and hence won't be so drying.

mrsonn

Me too.... MIL just said me ytd that my complextion turn so bad... when i use to have nice and smooth complexion :eek:10:

taurus piglet

My skin oso turned more oily.. And small small pimples popped out on my cheeks and chin... Sigh..

Anyway, I changed my skincare from Chanel to Sisley + Clarins.. And it seems to have helped in curbbing the occasional breakouts. Hope that wun ve more pimples popping out after the 1st Trims

mama_aki

Me toooo... sighh just into 10 weeks and I have pimples popping out especially all over my chin area sob. My skin before was relatively good only the occasional pimples.. though sensitive. I have many rashes/ pimples popping out on my back and skin overall feels dry and uncomfy also.

Help! Please give me advise and recommendations what brands to use.
I have been using Kose, Fancl and Dior before but now trying to stick with Fancl as it's preservative-free.

julesy

Hmm tanzhenzi the part on the complexion link w e gender not true . When I was having my boy, my complexion became better. No more oily face. Friends n family all commented that my complexion became better during preggie. Hehe
hi icy_haze, hearing what u say, i feel there's hope for me! i have oily skin all the time, causing blocked pores, whiteheads, blackheads.. i always wonder if my skin will get worse during preg .. i hope the hormonal changes dry up the oily face..

cmeilim

i always have better, less oily skin during pregnancy. my facial therapists notice that too! helps me save on facials. ;p