Sleep problem for 15mth baby

Julin

Hi,

My 15mth old baby is not sleeping well at night this whole week..
She will usually sleep at 1030pm every night and
will wake up around 2.30am.. Refusing to sleep after much coaxing.
She will toss and turn in her bed. and fall back to sleep at around 7am.
I had tried rocking her in my arms, giving water, giving pacifier, switch on the air con...
all not successful..

Helpless!!

apollo

ds used to behave this way too! he will wake up few times a night. sometimes will slp bk v soon, sometimes takes abt 30min. this last for abt 2-3 mths and things got better aft we dropped one of his naps. he used to nap twice a day (1.5hrs each) but now 1 nap per day (1-2hrs). =)

Julin

My gal currently is taking 2 naps in infant care.
She will usually take about 2hours per nap. One at around 9am while the other is at around 1pm..
I did told the teacher to let her sleep till 3pm,the latest..
Perhaps i should change her nap time..

thanks, Apollo..

veronica

the wonder of a pacifier is that it helps the baby to doze off easier, that is what it is doing great for my 18mths old gal. Even if she wakes up in the middle of the night, once the pacifier is put into her mouth, she will doze off automatically...

But i will have problem weaning her later ....lol

Now i am looking for a solution..hahahaha

Julin

the wonder of a pacifier is that it helps the baby to doze off easier, that is what it is doing great for my 18mths old gal. Even if she wakes up in the middle of the night, once the pacifier is put into her mouth, she will doze off automatically...

But i will have problem weaning her later ....lol

Now i am looking for a solution..hahahaha
I had tried giving her pactifier but she just spit it out.. My gal prefer water instead. When she cried in the middle of the night, i will give the bottle of water for her to suck.. she will sleep after that..
Perhaps you can try this method to wean the pactifier addiction..keke..
Recently, my gal just cant sleep with any method. I supposed she had too much sleep in infant care..(at least 6hrs in a day)

Thanks for your advice..

veronica

I had tried giving her pactifier but she just spit it out.. My gal prefer water instead. When she cried in the middle of the night, i will give the bottle of water for her to suck.. she will sleep after that..
Perhaps you can try this method to wean the pactifier addiction..keke..
Recently, my gal just cant sleep with any method. I supposed she had too much sleep in infant care..(at least 6hrs in a day)

Thanks for your advice..
Wow 6hrs in CC? Then the teachers there must be glad...no need entertain your gal...

Mummy to Baby V

6 hours of nap in day for 15 months old sound way too much. Apparently, it's interrupting her night-time sleep. The less she sleeps at night, the more she needs to sleep in the day. This would eat into her learning and playing time, and could hinder development.

At this age, toddlers would probably need 12-14 hours of total sleep, with 10-12 hours from night sleep, 2-3 hours from nap. Every child would differ in their needs. If I were you, I'd suggest to CC teacher to wake her up after max 1.5-2 hour per nap. At this age, i'd limit to 1 good, long 2-hr nap or 2 shorter 1-hr naps. Napping is good to let child recharge in the day. But too much hinders learning and lifestyle.

All the best!

duckiemom

hi hi mommies,
I am also facing similar problem like Julin, except that my Belle's only 9mths... She used to be able to sleep through the nite
from ard 8pm till next morning 5am. (in btw around 11pm, we will feed her milk which she will drink while still asleep) But for the
past 1+ week, she had been sleeping ard same time at night but will wake up at 2+am :(( every nite... She is still taking same 2 naps
in the morning & afternoon, each lasting an 1+hr.. no change.. But recently we changed her milk to soy based FM, some said that soy based
FM is not as filling as normal FM... what do you mommies think? any advice.. pls help...thanks.