Sleeples Night after going out

Bayu

Hi all,

I'm in need of advise.
My baby is about 3 months old coming to 4 months on 13th Aug. I am afraid of bringing him out or even a stroll to the park. The problem I have here is, my baby can't sleep at night after the day out. He will wake up very 1 hour and scream for comfort. It is like he's having a nightmare. This is my first baby and I am excited to go out with him and show him the world :smile:.

I heard it's called colic is it? I always have this problem whenever I bring him to KKH or Polyclinic.. I really need to know how can I manage this.

Thank you.

With love,
Hazar

apollo

Hi all,

I'm in need of advise.
My baby is about 3 months old coming to 4 months on 13th Aug. I am afraid of bringing him out or even a stroll to the park. The problem I have here is, my baby can't sleep at night after the day out. He will wake up very 1 hour and scream for comfort. It is like he's having a nightmare. This is my first baby and I am excited to go out with him and show him the world :smile:.

I heard it's called colic is it? I always have this problem whenever I bring him to Kandang Kerbau Hospital or Polyclinic.. I really need to know how can I manage this.

Thank you.

With love,
Hazar
i think he is over stimulate. last time ds will wake up every night crying badly. and we asked his pd when we brought him for his vaccines. we were told not to play with him too much aft dinner, and also try not to bring him out aft dinner time cos might over stimulate them and keep them 'awake'.

mayb u can cut down the frequently of bringing him out at night. maybe once a week instead of daily. u try dont bring him out at night or long hrs if it is during daytime and see if his sleep will improve. cos we stop doing tt and aft abt 1 week, we could see huge changes in ds's sleep. =)

Bayu

i think he is over stimulate. last time dear son will wake up every night crying badly. and we asked his pediatrician when we brought him for his vaccines. we were told not to play with him too much after dinner, and also try not to bring him out after dinner time cos might over stimulate them and keep them 'awake'.

mayb you can cut down the frequently of bringing him out at night. maybe once a week instead of daily. you try dont bring him out at night or long hours if it is during daytime and see if his sleep will improve. cos we stop doing that and after about 1 week, we could see huge changes in dear son's sleep. =)

Oh my.. i guess i still can't bring him to the beach..

thank you for sharing.. appreciate it a lot..

:shyxxx:

Ting

3-4 mths is still abit young to bring him to the beach.
agree with apollo, he is over stimulated.
try not to bring him out til too late or too close to his bed time.
best is a couple of hrs b4 his bedtime.
then when u bring him home, let him take a nice warm bath, n milk n then try to hv too much activities gg on.
settle him down maybe 1 hr b4 bedtime n soothe him to slp. maybe u can try swaddling also.

JPng

3-4 mths is still abit young to bring him to the beach.
agree with apollo, he is over stimulated.
try not to bring him out til too late or too close to his bed time.
best is a couple of hours before his bedtime.
then when you bring him home, let him take a nice warm bath, n milk n then try to have too much activities gg on.
settle him down maybe 1 hr before bedtime n soothe him to sleep. maybe you can try swaddling also.

hi,
juz wondering if a 2 mth old bb is too young to go out? eg: a day out at shopping ctr?

lynnie85

Personally I try not to bring my son to very crowded places like shopping mall, especially if they are very young. Because, their immune system is still not as strong as us, and probably have "higher risk" in catching virus. Moreover, alot of people falling sick due to the weather. And taking care of them if they are sick, it'll be even tougher. Because they would know how to blow their nose or split phlagem.

I usually prefer places like park or beaches as natural air and having some sunlight is gd...and also help to de stress mummies...hope these info helps

Mummy to Baby V

My boy was a fussy sleeper since 2+ months old, easily overstimulated. So we go out only in the day after his nap and rushes home for his next nap. For many months, we avoided all night outings so that he can sleep at 8-8.30pm at home. This helped us get better rest since he could cry many times at night.

After he was more alert at 9 months old, then we had longer outings.

For shopping centers, we go to the less crowded ones.

Babywearing him close to us also prevents others from getting too near to him and touching him.

Renzie

For shopping malls, we usually go during weekdays when its less crowded or when baby has an appointment with the doctor for her check up or vaccinations. If not, usually home the whole day, and a short stroll at the void deck in the evenings.