Sleepy and taking longer to nurse after vaccination?

Gwynne

Hi mummies,

My girl had been rather sleepy and taking longer time to nurse each feed after her vaccination on Monday which caused her fever. Was wondering if any mummies experience the same thing with their child after giving them paracetamol medicine. Moreover I realized that sometimes she drink lesser than her usual amount of milk. Like yst, she only drank 70ml of milk since her last feed at 330pm before she went to sleep until 4am
in e morning.

Gwynne

Hi,

My baby just turned 3months old. Prior to the vaccination, she had been sleeping from 8-9pm to 7plus am, waking up for 1 feed in between. However, what I am more concerned is that I felt that she had been drinking lesser than her usual amount when being bottle fed and also taking much longer to nurse.

jamieyu

Hi, my bb (2mth+) just took her 6in1 jab 2 wks ago and I Aldo find that she hv change in her feeding. Although she does nt hv fever after the jab. Usually she drink 120ml but after the jab she drink 80-90ml sometime she drink 50ml and sleep. She can sleep more than 4-5 hrs but when she wakes up she can drink only 80ml. And she also dw with cough & flu so I am nt sure is the jab changes her or her flu. And her poo is not daily & it smell.

PetPet

My bb haven't take any 5-1 jab yet, in her week 11. She also drink lesser but she is cranky always , showing tht she is tired but cannot fall to sleep. Don't know y!

it happen to my baby and a few of my friends bb who reduce intake around age of 3 mths onwards. i did asked doctor and he say it can drag a few months, the bb appetite can be very irregular. but he say it is ok.

quite worrying initially, but my bb still put on weight so i am much relieved. now he is 4 month and problem still exist, sometimes take 110ml sometimes only 60ml... weird, although taking lesser but the time stretch between feeds still same 3 hourly

andieluv2

Same here. My bb is 3mths plus. Taking abt 120mls. Usually she will be able to.finish her feeds. But sometimes she will tend to waste that 10-20mls. Feel so wasted and tried.to.force feed her but she simple refused. And made me feel so guilty. Haiz... My helper said it might be bcoz they are developing new skills like flippibg over and all. Thus it might affect their intake too. Well how accurate idk...