Small Claims Tribunal

pyvio

Does anyone had any experience with the maid agency, BestHelper Employment Services? I recently ran into some issues with them and now, they are refusing to refund me. Not sure what to do next. Has anyone ever gone to Small Claims Tribunal? If so, can they really help?

Mummy3

I encountered some problems with Lee Garden Maid Agency 3 years back. They could not produced the maid we chose and kept asking us to get replacement from their transfer maids which we didn't want to. In the end, they did not give us back the refund and one staff even threatened us with some small and light prints at the back of the even agreement.

We went to CASE, but it was useless. CASE only sent letter on our behalf but couldn't close the case for us. Made us pay membership fee and another fee.

Eventually, went to Small Claims Tribunal. At least got some $$ back.

U can try if u have a small case, I think u need to pay only $15 to reg. The price then.

MsKoh1973

how long u use the maid before returning? did u return the maid to them or send maid directly back to own country?

from what I noe, usually they will drag refund on maid's advance salary, as for agency and admin fee, sure no refund.

As for insurance portion, think if still got 80% unused, the insurance coy will refund to agent, then agent refund to you.