Smoking/Depression

Missy Philoso

Hi, anyone here smoking even during pregnancy? Don't be shy. We can all share how we are gng to kick this habit tgt. Hais, I have difficulties quitting my nicotine too. Too many things on my mind that I turn into nicotine. That's the only way I can release my woes. Feel v guilty but I can't help it. I think I'm sinking into depression already.. Always need to act happy n cheerful so as Hubby n mummy doesn't need to worry about me. But deep inside, I feel so depressed n upset but I don't know what's the reason. Always feel like crying for no reasons also. When all of them went out to work, I'll hide in the room n cry all out. I realised I cannot control my emotions n temper. Keep flaring up n jumping at the slightest thing. Patience getting very bad also. I love my hubby n DD alot. But I always get very jumpy n flare up at them. Hate myself for behaving this way but I cannot control. The slightest thing van make me upset for very long. :'( I want to cure myself. Thinking of seekin medical attention. Any gd suggestions which xin Li yi sheng is good?

Carisella

first is to kick the habit of smoking if you're pregnant now.. hard to kick but still must kick.. if u value the life that's growing inside you then you should quit for her/his sake..

momi

Yes please don't smoke anymore. Just think of your cute innocent baby inside you everytime you feel the urge.

First of all, you must understand that many pregnant women feel the same way as you. So don't feel as if you're the odd one out. The fact that you do know what you're doing is unhealthy and seeking advice is a good first step. Have you spoken to your gynae about this? He/She may be able to prescribe some anti-depressants to you so please confide in a doctor.

Second thing is don't keep everything to yourself. It's very normal to be feeling down and insecure during pregnancy due to fluctuating hormones. People around you will and should understand. You may think that you are worrying those close to you unnecessarily but please remember that you will be making them worry for their whole entire life if you or your baby's health gets affected in the long term. Better to seek their support and understanding now so that your situation can be controlled.

Have you got good friends that you can go out and meet with when your mum and hubby are out for the day? Not to say pregnant mums, a normal person also may not be able to stand staying at home whole day and talking to no one. So try to meet up with friends. Or if you do not have like-minded friends then you can always join some classes to make new friends, it can be baby/pregnancy-related such as going for yoga, etc. so you can also meet other mummies..or you can learn a language or a skill such as knitting or cooking. There are many fun things to do out there so don't lock yourself away from the world, it's easy to feel lonely and depressed that way.

Finally, don't forget to quit smoking. You can do it :Dancing_wub:

Yes dearie please stop smoking, it's really not what you want for the benefit of your baby.
Every woman I believe goes through emotional changes especially during pregnancy. Be strong, remind yourself if you don't take good care of yourself the baby and your other children will also suffer. You are a good mummy a strong woman and a responsible person. Do try really hard and focus on doing the right things k ? All the very best to you. Keep us updated..

Soul

It's just about personal will power. I smoke for about 10 years just stopped recently coz had a discussion with my other half few months ago and just quit smoking. Have to say no. It's not easy. Ask your hubby to give u encouragement. Plus u must control yourself la. For yourself for the kids etc. Whatever is a compelling reason. After a month or so you will stop having the crave already..