SO-IUI - Which gynae is good?

Rukia

Has anyone tried SO-IUI before? Can recommend me a gynae specializing in fertility and the charges as well?

Recommended Gynae -
Charges for SO-IUI -

I am thinking of going for SO-IUI but hesitant cost I heard its pretty ex? And it may not succeed first time. So hope someone can recommend a good gynae and the cost, so can better prepare myself.

Have been trying for 1year plus but no needs. Feeling so depressed....

liz5

Recommended Gynae - Dr. Sheila Loh @ Raffles
Charges for SO-IUI - 1.5-2k

I'll be doing SO-IUI on October with Dr. Sheila Loh.. have an appointment before my menses for required blood test before so-iui.. I'm comfortable with her, she's into details and explains a lot..

btw, you can use medisave if you're PR or singaporean.. just bring your marriage certificate and they will process it.. :) can claim 6k - 1st, 5k- 2nd, 4k-3rd cycle for IUI, SO-IUI or IVF

Hi Liz
tks for sharing. I am now currently with Dr. Yvonne Soong, her clinic at TMC.
I will be doing IUI in Oct too. Her charges is ard 3k, I found a bit exp.
I am not too sure what's different between IUI or SO-IUI. Does 1.5k includes medicine and everything?

liz5

hi liaocarol11,

IUI is normal ovulation then IUI which costs around 800++, or sometimes clomid then IUI.. SO-IUI are with injectibles or clomid+self injection (5-10 days self injection depends on your eggs) then IUI.. it will helps you to have healthy eggs coz I have very long cycle and less eggs.. dr. sheila said that it's about 1.5-2k range for so-iui.. that includes the injections, iui, sperm washed, ultrasound.. the injectiions are expensive, depends on how much you needed... for blood test- I'm not sure if it's included.. dr. sheila is the head of raffles infertility.. DH and I will have blood test on sept 27 with dr appointment as well..

Good luck on your IUI!! baby dust to us!!

Hi Liz
I guess I am also undergo SO-IUI coz I also need to do self injection. Currently, both my hubby and myself r taking 1mth supplements to build-up our body and hubby sperm to get active. Next wk, I am going to take the injection and will start self inject in Oct.
My cost is quite exp compare with yours. coz my medicine already cost ard 600 and plus SO-IUI package 3k for every cycle.....Hope jackpot at the 1st trial.....
Can you give me ur gynae's contact details?

liz5

Dr. Sheila Loh - 63111243 - you can look for Dora or Michelle (her assistants)..

yeah, I also think it's a bit expensive..though worth it once we become pregnant :) for me, they'll do blood test first on sept 27, not sure when to get the meds but she told me we will start on cd3 which is probably 1st week of oct.. this month, I'm on cd 18 and still not ovulating..still ttc but looking forward for so-iui already!!

I'm taking blackmores conceive well.. and my husband is taking blackmores mens performance (it has notes there that it helps healthy sperm production..hehe).. bought @ guardian coz they have discounts..

Good luck and God bless you!! I pray that you'll get sticky beans on october!!

liz5

updates, I ovulated early.. CD22 (35day cycle)!! first time!! usually it's CD31-35 (45days cycle).. not sure if blackmores conceive well do that.. heard reviews that it helps you ovulate normal and make your cycle normal too.. I'm now in my TWW.. my dr. appointment is also moved to sept 20 for blood test req before so-iui coz I'm expecting to get my AF on sept. 24 if not pregnant.. then start SO-iui right away!!

Hi Liz
How's ur IUI result? I just did my IUI on last Fri 21 oct. and going to do a blood test on next Mon 31 oct. according to doc, this test will bring the result whever preggy or not.
How did I feel after ur IUI?

liz5

Hi liaocarol11, just had my bloodtest last saturday and it's negative.. We got good 4 eggs and great sperm count on day of iui.. We'll try next year again for iui.. Good luck and baby dust to you!!!

Hi Liz
I am sorry to hear that.... Yah let's never give up ok?
May I know how did u feel after IUI? I was told in another forums that too many eggs r not good for IUI due to it may cause muiltiple preggy so usually doc will abandon IUI procedure.
I had 8 eggs and every egg was in good size etc, and doc did IUI last fri 21 Oct. Agreeing reading forums that too many eggs not supposed to do IUI, I am confused now.....

liz5

I had very bad cramps after iui and the next days, its like very bad af cramps.. I have 6 eggs but only 4 are in good size as the last 2 are below 15.. The doc thought that may have triplets.. Lets hope that you're pregnant and there's 1 or 2 babies only... :) it really depends on every dr on how they handle it.. I did iui after 37 hours.. How about you? Yeah, dont't give up! ;)

Are you also using puregon? How manu iu? I had 75iu from day 2-9. 5000 preynyl on day 11, iui on day 13..

Last edited:
Hi Liz
After IUI, I felt a bit discomfort, no cramp. But sore breasts and sensitive nipples till now still.
Yes, I am using Puregon from D2 to D10 each time with 100iu. When I went to see doc on D10 for ultrasound, I had 8 follicles already 16mm. Therefore doc my follicles grown quite fast, so decided to releasing eggs on D11 around 8.30pm(not too sure what jab I took).
And D12 proceeded w IUI ard 11am on 21 Oct.
Now on my D18 today, doc told me to do blood test on 31 Oct( which is 10 days after IUI).
Do u think I should see her only 2 wks later? As advised from the forums 2 wks time more accurate.

liz5

That's fine. Blood test is more accurate so even if you test on Day 10, it's still accurate. Let us know what the result is. I'm excited for you! :) I had sore breast, stabbing pains on lower abdomen, bloated, gassy on my two week wait period. I'm taking progesterone while on my two week wait so it's probably the progesterone side effects..

Hi Liz
Thanks for encuragment. Me too, I am taking progesterone 2 times a day and 1 time a day for Folic Acid.
I will update you all for sure..Pray for successful IUI:001_302: