So many types of books in the market, which is good and for what age?

chupa

there are so many types of books in the market, sunshine seires, Rigby Books, ladybird series....they are all not cheap. So which is good and for wat age group? Any comments?:tconfused:

shopaholic

I chose Joy readers for my daughter when she's 3. It comes in 70 books for various levels, so the books can cater for her level as she progresses. Hubby and I went down to Edventure to see the various sets and we felt Joy readers hv interesting pictures and themes which will stimulate daughter's interest, so we chose this.

I hv also bought sunshine and scholastic sight word readers to give her more exposure and stimulate her interest in books. Her kindy uses cambridge readers when she's now 4yo.

We also hv some ladybird books handed down to me, so I didnt specifically choose them. But I like to buy books like Strawberry Shortcake, Sesame Street, Barney etc to keep up with her interest. I figure if it's all readers, she may feel "dry", so I buy her fav characters' books to keep her interested. :)

priscilla

My 4 year old boy are reading

1) Joy Readers
2) Steps into Reading
3) Scholastic Phonic Readers
4) DK Readers
5) Arthur and friends relating to manner and altitudes

and alot of others, we find that it is important to expose him to all types of books besides readers. And at times, he will read the newspapers and magazine with us if he finds them interest him.

chupa

currently my gal is still small...so will buy books that is with bright colors and few words. but am wondering whether does it really matter that we have to buy those books like the ladybird series...with step 1 for early learners and step 2 for intermediate and so on...or we just buy books that we think is suitable for our kids will do??

then how about books with morale values? is there any in the market?

priscilla

currently my gal is still small...so will buy books that is with bright colors and few words. but am wondering whether does it really matter that we have to buy those books like the ladybird series...with step 1 for early learners and step 2 for intermediate and so on...or we just buy books that we think is suitable for our kids will do??

then how about books with morale values? is there any in the market?
Yes, there are. We are using Arthur and friends to teach Kai about manner, altitudes. There are lots of other around too. You should have to check online or through supplier. Scholastic also has a whole list if I am not wrong.