Spotting

Lin-12

It's normal to have spotting...though it doesnt happens to everyone...U just have to get plenty of rest...Bed rest ...And don't walk ard too often...When i had my 1st child, i often haf bleeding...And was admitted to the hosp a couple of times. Hence doc gave me hormones pills, injections and long term mc (hospitalisation leave) till i deliver. Meaning i had to have full bed rest (only allowed to go toilet). My co was kind enuff though to give me 2 mths no pay leave after my hospitalisation leave was fully utilised. I was freaking out during my 1st preganancy...But now 2nd one all is well..Only spotting in the 1st trimester. So don't worry abt it. Just make sure to get more rest and stay in bed if you can.

marlysha

aft tat dae i went to see gynae at KK 24hrs clinic...all was fine...i was advised to rest more....BUT today i had another spotting but tis time i saw like a meat but was very2 small...i even touch it.....im scared....my hubby asked me to go KK again....to have a check.....

hope everything will be alright......

Sarah

Hi, I just found out I was preggy this Wed and quickly went to see a gynae the next day coz I have been spotting for the past 1 week plus. I was given the hormone medicine but I still can't help feeling very worried. My uterus was facing backward after scanning was done but doctor say it's normal just that I'm the 20% woman have this problem but nver say is no good. I'm so worried...anyone came across such problems heard from your surrounding people?

ArDz

Hi, actually I've experienced spottings as well just 3mths back in March, i was in my 9wks of pregnancy.
Its brown in color and normally for me if that happens is when my menses are coming.
I thought it was normal as it was my 1st pregnancy but then 2days later when I went to SGH, there's no more heartbeat for my baby.
Its really a shock for me especially although only 9wks in me, i felt something missing in me.
So just a piece of advise, spottings are not normal, its best to consult your gynae or go to AE immediately or 24hrs women's clinic @ KKH.
For now any abnormalities that I find strange in me when I'm pregnant even for the slightest symptoms, I will immediately go consult gynae.

izanyzam

Well said Ardz...!!! If ever in doubt,listen to your intuition and go consult your gynae..Even if you think that there is nothing to worry about,getting just that tiny bit of assurance is definitely comforting.

For my first 2 pregnancies,i had spotting for more than 3 days.After that i had like my normal menses bleeding..I lost both pregnancies at just 5 weeks..So now with my third try,i have safely reached my second trimester.But eversince the first day i found out that im pregnant,i wear pantyliners every single day.So that i could monitor for even the tiniest pink dot..!!! So far,no spotting.Only a lot of discharge so wearing a pantyliner helps and keeps me comfortable.:001_302:

shiseru

This happened to me when I was almost to my 12 weeks. I realised i was bleeding when I went to the toilet. Being finally pregnant after 10 years of marriage, being my first pregnancy and given the fact i was alone at home, I was terrified but I managed to keep calm and proceed to call my hubby then took a cab down to KK myself.

When I was waiting for the doctor, I kept saying to myself aloud, "Please be safe baby, don't leave mummy" but still I managed to keep my calm and not cry.

Until it was my turn, I was so nervous when the doctor said, "let's scan the baby'. The doctor started to scan and I asked how's the baby. All the while i was able to keep calm and not cry, but until the doctor replied,"the baby's fine, no worries" I couldn't hold any longer, I break down and cried, it was the tears of relief!

It was impossible to scan when I was crying coz the baby kept moving but I couldnt stop crying. Finally the doctor said, "if you continued to cry, your baby also cry", now that stopped me immediately.

I was given hormones jab and told to intake double dosage of dydrogesterone, also bed rest. After that, on and off bleeding but lesser and it took around a week to stop.

Dont' wait, dont' hesitate. Take immediate action to call/see your gynae if you experienced any unusual symptons.

Last edited:

marlysha

So aft that do you still encounter any bleeding...

the 1st time i had spotting..i called my hubby..though it was a slight spotting it do make me worried...my 1st pregnancy i do not encounter spotting or morning sickness but tis time is tottally different...aft i told hubby i went to the toilet and cried...otw to KK...i keep praying...tat nothing will happen to my bb...when i saw the doc i bombared her with sooo many question...until she said everyting is fine... i feel relieved....

This happened to me when I was almost to my 12 weeks. I realised i was bleeding when I went to the toilet. Being finally pregnant after 10 years of marriage, being my first pregnancy and given the fact i was alone at home, I was terrified but I managed to keep calm and proceed to call my hubby then took a cab down to KK myself.

When I was waiting for the doctor, I kept saying to myself aloud, "Please be safe baby, dont't leave mummy" but still I managed to keep my calm and not cry.

Until it was my turn, I was so nervous when the doctor said, "let's scan the baby'. The doctor started to scan and I asked how's the baby. All the while i was able to keep calm and not cry, but until the doctor replied,"the baby's fine, no worries" I couldn't hold any longer, I break down and cried, it was the tears of relief!

It was impossible to scan when I was crying coz the baby kept moving but I couldnt stop crying. Finally the doctor said, "if you continued to cry, your baby also cry", now that stopped me immediately.

I was given hormones jab and told to intake double dosage of dydrogesterone, also bed rest. After that, on and off bleeding but lesser and it took around a week to stop.

Dont' wait, dont' hesitate. Take immediate action to call/see your gynae if you experienced any unusual symptons.

ArDz

Well said Ardz...!!! If ever in doubt,listen to your intuition and go consult your gynae..Even if you think that there is nothing to worry about,getting just that tiny bit of assurance is definitely comforting.

For my first 2 pregnancies,i had spotting for more than 3 days.After that i had like my normal menses bleeding..I lost both pregnancies at just 5 weeks..So now with my third try,i have safely reached my second trimester.But eversince the first day i found out that im pregnant,i wear pantyliners every single day.So that i could monitor for even the tiniest pink dot..!!! So far,no spotting.Only a lot of discharge so wearing a pantyliner helps and keeps me comfortable.:001_302:

Thks izanyzam. Actually I am still sad with wat has happen but of course sometimes these are all fated.
Now slightly settling down & now I'm 8wks pregnant & I'm putting "super extra" careful coz this is a life we are talking abt.
But those having spotting be it reddish or brownish or pinkish even just a little, better go and chk up so that something can done to help the baby or to have an assurance that the baby is ok.
. :shyxxx:

shiseru

So after that do you still encounter any bleeding...

the 1st time i had spotting..i called my hubby..though it was a slight spotting it do make me worried...my 1st pregnancy i do not encounter spotting or morning sickness but tis time is tottally different...after i told hubby i went to the toilet and cried...otw to KK...i keep praying...that nothing will happen to my baby...when i saw the doc i bombared her with sooo many question...until she said everyting is fine... i feel relieved....
Yes, on and off. 1 moment i thought it has stopped, but 2 days later, it came back (lesser though). It stopped when I passed the 12th week of my pregnancy. Doctor explained it may take a few hours, or even a few weeks to stop (depends on individual). Just montor the situation. Usually the bleeding will slowly change from red, to brownish and then stop. However, if the bleeding gets heavier and more serious, go to the doctor immediately.

Take care!

sean-tan

hi mummies,
i agree w/ ArDz, my bb left me at it 12wk. same, no heartbeat, i broke down n cry. i was given jet in my early wk, but still. is reali nt normal, so all mummies, pls c ur gynae.

sean-tan

hi ArDz,
can i check w/ u, is after 3mth den u preg again is it? coz my gynae ask me to rest n wait for at least 3mth lata. but i do hear ppl say muz wait for 6mth lata to try for another one?

ArDz

hi ArDz,
can i check w/ you, is after 3mth then you preg again is it? coz my gynae ask me to rest and wait for at least 3mth lata. but i do hear ppl say must wait for 6mth lata to try for another one?
My gynae told me the next menses after the miscarriage, its safe to be pregnant again.
Well of coz sean-tan, it also depends on a person who actually faces the miscarriage, some mentally not prepared to have the next pregnant that soon.
But for me, I am still sad over what has happen but age is also cathching up on me, so that's the reason why I'm preggy again and I want another baby again ...
:)

sean-tan

My gynae told me the next menses after the miscarriage, its safe to be pregnant again.
Well of coz sean-tan, it also depends on a person who actually faces the miscarriage, some mentally not prepared to have the next pregnant that soon.
But for me, I am still sad over what has happen but age is also cathching up on me, so that's the reason why I'm preggy again and I want another baby again ... :)
oic, so everythin ok ya. feel so hapi for u. tk care my dear.:Dancing_wub:

izanyzam

Thks izanyzam. Actually I am still sad with what has happen but of course sometimes these are all fated.
Now slightly settling down & now I'm 8wks pregnant & I'm putting "super extra" careful coz this is a life we are talking about.
But those having spotting be it reddish or brownish or pinkish even just a little, better go and chk up so that something can done to help the baby or to have an assurance that the baby is ok.. :shyxxx:
Hi Ardz...Yes i agree its all fated..God has better plans for us..But im happy to see that you have made it to your second month..!! Congratz babe..!! The best of health to the rest of your pregnancy yah..And yes i agree that after my second miscarriage,we have to be EXTRA EXTRA carefull during our pregnancy..But sometimes,no matter what we do,things are just not meant to be.I finally found out that my body did not produce enuff progesterone to maintain a pregnancy.I took progesterone pills for the first 2 months and finally i made it..!!

Age was also an issue for me.Dats why after just one cycle of menses,i tried again to get pregnant.Althought some people are against it and said that i shld wait a while longer,if its meant to be,then God will answer our prayers.
:001_302::001_302:

snowy28

i also encountered spotting initially , then after that super heavy, i got so scared and doc asked me to be hospitalised immediately as too much spotting will affect the foetus
so after so many days of bed rest and eating hormone pills the spotting subsided and i am fine already
so most imptly is to seek treatment soon dun wait

citrella

I've been spotting since 5th day after ovulation and today is my 18th day of spotting. Initially, it was brown discharge. Now, it's very dark brown (almost black) bleeding.

Gynae gave me An Tai Yao and one week mc to rest. He said that I'm now in my 5th week. I will be seeing him again soon for a scan. The discharge has lessen but I still have spotting. I also have been telling my sac to hang on to me and don't let go.

Gynae said that as long as it's not RED blood and no severe cramps, should be fine.

*prays for the best*

mamamiao

Spotting on 4 weeks 3 days... when I went to OB, he ask, why so early come here? (they tot I want to do abortion >.<")
later on diagnosed with threatened miscarriage...
now taking meds from doc... praying hard that the sac will hang on and stay with me through this crisis... TT.TT

TTC16

is this thread still ongoing??
i dont know exactly how many week i am now, but think ard 4 wks too...
i didnt go any gynae yet as my appointment is this coming Tuesday.... I am having spotting too! worry like hell!!
what is your spotting colour like?? my is light brown! is this serious???

Spotting on 4 weeks 3 days... when I went to OB, he ask, why so early come here? (they tot I want to do abortion >.<")
later on diagnosed with threatened miscarriage...
now taking meds from doc... praying hard that the sac will hang on and stay with me through this crisis... TT.TT

mamamiao

is this thread still ongoing??
i dont know exactly how many week i am now, but think around 4 wks too...
i didnt go any gynae yet as my appointment is this coming Tuesday.... I am having spotting too! worry like hell!!
what is your spotting colour like?? my is light brown! is this serious???
At first mine was dark brown, like old blood. And once its dripping until the size of 50cents coin on the pad.
Some times i got it light brown like milo, but i think it was my meds leaking out. Coz my progesterone med was the ones that need to put in vagina.
Actually if u r having some spotting n pregnan, u can ask ur doc to move forward ur appt. Coz it might b serious.
But most ppl n doc said as long as its not bleeding like period n accompanied by severe cramps, it should b fine.
Just try to have a total bed rest and calm urself. I found out, the more i panicked, the more i got the spotting.
I hope this info can help... Good luck :)
Keep us updated later, ok?