Squatting Vs. Sitting

iwan2noe

Hi Hi,

There have been diferring views on the usage of the types of toilet urinal.

some say pregnant women should avoid squatting down when urinating or passing motion while some say pregnant women are encouraged to squat as much as possible as it helps to 'exercise' and prepare the mtb for natural delivery.

What is ur valuable opinion and advice, pls?

Thanks so much !:001_302:

chelle

I think when u r in ur late stages, it will be difficult for u to squat.
At least for me, when i was in last trimester, i feel like a Humpty Dumpty, have to be extra careful when i walk etc.
So i dun really dare to use the squat kind of toliet in case i fall..

iwan2noe

I think when you are in your late stages, it will be difficult for you to squat.
At least for me, when i was in last trimester, i feel like a Humpty Dumpty, have to be extra careful when i walk etc.
So i dont really dare to use the squat kind of toliet in case i fall..
Hi chelle,

How about when b4 the 3rd trimester? Do u use the squatting pan or toilet bowl?

chelle

I still use the toilet bowl coz my hse and office all is toilet bowl.
People also told me that walking help to speed up delivery process and i guess it all depend on how relaxed (relaxed will dilate faster) u r on the delivery day.
To have natural delivery also depend on ur BB weight etc.
Maybe you can check with ur gyne, i tink he/she will be the best person to advice u

when i was in 3rd trim, i tried to squat.. but after i squat i had so much difficulty trying to get up... and when i try to poo when i squat it's like as tho my baby wanna drop out like that

chiro

at office, i half sit half squat all the way until i deliver. At home i sit on toilet seat cover. Squat or sit, most important is Your safety which is very important. Suggest you do pelvic exercises and walk frequently. Cos if you squat your lap and your chest will be pushing against your tummy

i think it's pretty dangerous to use squatting toilet cos can slip easily or leg can cramp if squatting too long. i have never liked to use squatting toilet even before preggy so i always avoid them. but at home i still squat down to clean my dog toilet, washing clothes etc.

-jOanna

Yes i heard abt squatting is good for birth also.. but muz be at average bah.. walking more is more realistic (gynae always ask us to walk more for easier birth but not asking us to squat more right?).. That time when I was still working, only got 1 cubical sit de and 2 cubicals squat.. I always wait for the sit 1 but some people not auto, in that sit cubical SMOKE! den I not those obasan go shout shout 1, so i quietly go squat de, i squat and stand up by holding the walls, in case unbalance..

bellerichez

When i reach third trimester, squat liao cannot stand up. So most of the time go to those sitting type of toilet but nv really sit on it cos outside toilet very dirty so like half squat.

jasobias

i wld always skip those squat toilets.Already then i was feeling pressure so wht if i squat n baby pops out?free delivery liao!!hahhaha

tulip_nel

I also prefer sitting type too as I feel it is difficult to get up after squatting.. and also scared baby pops out later....