Start Intro Formula Milk???

lila

Dear Mummies,
need advice n sharing experience, when u intro formula milk to ur breastfeeding baby.
my girl 8month+ n still totally bf, eating porridge, veggie n fruits. never try formula milk before. should i intro formula milk? just worried if bf doesn't fulfill her nutrients

thx for sharing :D

aiks, I started to intro fm to my girl at her 1st mth, few days once or one week once (she is 3mths ++ now)... js worried if one day my supply drop, then she wont reject to take fm...

apollo

if can, bf as long as possible, esp if u have the supply. dont have to wry abt the nutritients part since she is taking veg, fruits etc etc.. =)

Amulet

there is no need to intro FM to her as long as ur milk supply still matches her demand..

don worry about the nutritional intake.. she is taking solids well, and bm definitely provides the most suitable amt of nutrition for her.. FM is just packed with nutrition, but most doesn't gets absorbed by the body thus poo out.. in contrast, most of the nutrients in BM gets absorbed into the body easily.. FM contains higher amt of sugar as compared to BM, which results in obesity in over nourished child..

some mothers actually comment that after introducing FM, the child starts to prefer FM over BM coz FM is made to be sweet n yummier than BM is, so that it attracts the kid.. that is :(

i intro FM to my girl when she is ard 18-20months coz my supply dipped.. start to partial BF after tat..

lila

hi mummies.,
thx for sharing, just too worry sometimes :D but feel better now.
cos after got my period back, my supply not much as before.
n relatives n friends ask when u start intro FM, they said if late intro FM, then ur kids wil don't like milk :)

apollo

hi mummies.,
n relatives n friends ask when you start intro FM, they said if late intro FM, then your kids wil dont't like milk :)
dun wry. if ur baby dun like FM, u can always intro her freshmilk when she reach 1yo. there are many types of FM ard also, lik NAN, many parents said it is the closest with BM.

dont care abt what ur relatives commented, some ppl feel tt FM is better than BM. If ur supply drop, just give whatever u have, dont stress urself =)

ast0212

Breastmilk is definitely the best milk for babies! If you do decide to wean after 12 months, bubs can go on cow's milk (if they've had no reaction to dairy). Formula beyond 12 months is just a marketing ploy.

Amulet

hi mummies.,
n relatives n friends ask when you start intro FM, they said if late intro FM, then your kids wil dont't like milk :)
that is nonsense.. my girl only start tasting FM after 18months... yes, initially she is not used to the taste.. but after trying for a few times, she is accepting it well.. now at almost 3 yrs old, she is like a milkaholic.. loves FM, fresh milk, chocolate milk, goat's milk, any milk..

lila

that is nonsense.. my girl only start tasting FM after 18months... yes, initially she is not used to the taste.. but after trying for a few times, she is accepting it well.. now at almost 3 yrs old, she is like a milkaholic.. loves FM, fresh milk, chocolate milk, goat's milk, any milk..
i hope my girl will love milk like yours :D

Amulet

i hope my girl will love milk like yours :D
don't worry.. it've more to do with their personal perference.. if she is a person who doesn't likes milk in the end, u can still give her yogurt, cheese, ice cream, ect to top up her calcium intake.. give variations too.. warm milk, cold milk, chocolate/banana/strawberry milk, milkshakes..

my brother was a FM drinker from birth, but he is NEVER a milk lover.. since young, my mum have to force him to drink his milk, supervise him with a cane.. but after 20years, he is still not a milk lover.. LOL infact, he hates milk..