Starting on semi solid

Gwynne

Hi mummies,

Can you share how to start bb on semi solid?
I intend to let my baby girl try out healthy times oatmeal cereal.
However, I would like to know whether I shld also start giving her some porridge at the same time or shld I wait till she is older and in e meantime just let her try puréed fruit and vegetables?

ast0212

Check out baby led weaning. I did this with my kids, so neither of them have ever had pureed food. Basically you can give them anything provided your family doesn't have a history of allergies. It teaches them to chew first before swallowing, as opposed to puree where they learn to swallow before chewing which is a greater choking risk.

MichelJone

Hello,

According to KidsHealth, most babies can start eating solid foods between 4 and 7 months of age. When your baby can support her own head, does not push foods out of her mouth and takes an interest in food, you can begin to gradually introduce certain semisolid foods to her daily diet. Feeding your little one can come with certain challenges, so start slowly and keep trying. Before you know it, your baby will likely be eating everything you offer her. Often, you may need to expose your baby to a certain food 12 to 15 times before he is willing to eat it. Instead of avoiding the food, keep putting it on your baby's plate. You might also try combining the food with another food that you know your baby already likes. Combine pureed meat with fruit, such as berries or applesauce, or add pureed vegetables to baby cereal.

Best Regards
Michel Jone

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]BPA Free Bottles[/FONT]

David Bushey

Hello Members,

Feed your baby only from a spoon, if you have to put cereal in a bottle or use a dropper or other device to get your baby to eat it, he's not ready for it. If your baby chokes easily on semi solids or still pushes food back after the first few days, wait a few weeks and try again. Let your baby dictate how much he wants to eat at each meal; being a member of the clean plate club can result in weight problems. Encourage your baby to try a variety of foods; try not to let your facial expression reveal your own distaste for a certain food; babies are good at reading their parents' expressions.

Thanks and Regards,
David Bushey

Nanny Los Angeles