Stemcord or Cordlife whats the difference?

Frenchkitty

If I am not mistaken Stemcord and Cordlife are private banks whereby you need to pay an expensive premium every year to store your Baby's cord blood in their bank.

Singapore Cord Blood Bank is a Public bank for mothers to donate their babies' cord blood for FREE.

The difference between Private and Public banks - For private, nobody can use the cord blood for transplant but your own baby *touch wood*.
For public, anyone who needs the stem cells for transplant and if happens to match your baby's cord blood can use it. Similarly, if your child *touch wood* needs a transplant, can use anyone's cord blood according to the bank's matching database.

pixy

Hello,

I would like to share that i have done cord blood banking. Being a 1st time mother, i really did not know the merits of cord blood banking. My gyane was the one who pushed me to consider it. I dont think she gets a commission from anyone, so definately trustworthy.

Here are the main reasons why i chose to do private cord blood banking:
1. Cord blood banking is the ONLY way safeguard my family's future health. Buying medical insurance will only cover the medical bill, it does not guarantee total recovery. Banking cord blood can ONLY be done at birth.
2. THere are so many uses of cord blood stem cells, and is growing by the day. There are 80 treatable diseases that can be cured by cord blood.
http://www.cordlife.com/sg/whybankcordblood/whybankcordblood.php?target=whysavecordblood&targe t1=treatablediseases

If you dont already know, there are only 2 players in private cord blood banking in Singapore. So i spent 2 saturdays attending their seminars. Of course, they both claim to be better than the other competitor in the market. So i had to do some research.

Why i chose CordLife:
1. their CordLife Quality Guarantee - It assures you of a cord blood replacement or a compensation of up to US$25,000 if the cord blood loses its viability at the point of transplant.
2. superior Sepax - automated cord blood processing technology
3. AABB accreditation. The ONLY private cord blood bank that has it in SG.
4. They are the only one who has a proven and successful track record.

Check out the Cordlife video:
http://www.cordlife.com/sg/aboutus/videoresource.php?target=singaporetvc

I know most parents think that doing private cord blood banking is EXPENSIVE. Have to spend so much money, when there are so many more things to spend $ on.

You can use the government's Baby Bonus to Pay for it!!! Yippee!!! That's what i did! So no cash out from me at all. Baby Bonus is free money anyway!

Do consider private cord blood banking and if you do so, choose CordLife.

Jaschy

If I am not mistaken Stemcord and Cordlife are private banks whereby you need to pay an expensive premium every year to store your Baby's cord blood in their bank.

Singapore Cord Blood Bank is a Public bank for mothers to donate their babies' cord blood for FREE.

The difference between Private and Public banks - For private, nobody can use the cord blood for transplant but your own baby *touch wood*.
For public, anyone who needs the stem cells for transplant and if happens to match your baby's cord blood can use it. Similarly, if your child *touch wood* needs a transplant, can use anyone's cord blood according to the bank's matching database.
I heard that u need to pay a sum of abt $20k if u wants to use the cord blood from the public bank unless u had donated to them ur baby cordblood then if ur baby need it then no need to pay:nah:

Tammypoon

do you guys know what is aabb accreditation?
Hi Dapheng,

AABB is an international, not-for-profit association representing individuals and institutions involved in the field of transfusion medicine and cellular therapies. The association is committed to improving health by developing and delivering standards, accreditation and educational programs that focus on optimizing patient and donor care and safety.
AABB membership consists of nearly 2,000 institutions and 8,000 individuals, including physicians, nurses, scientists, researchers, administrators, medical technologists and other health care providers. Members are located in more than 80 countries.

Hope this helps :)

Tammypoon

Love your blog :)

Tammypoon

Hello,

I would like to share that i have done cord blood banking. Being a 1st time mother, i really did not know the merits of cord blood banking. My gyane was the one who pushed me to consider it. I dont think she gets a commission from anyone, so definately trustworthy.

Here are the main reasons why i chose to do private cord blood banking:
1. Cord blood banking is the ONLY way safeguard my family's future health. Buying medical insurance will only cover the medical bill, it does not guarantee total recovery. Banking cord blood can ONLY be done at birth.
2. THere are so many uses of cord blood stem cells, and is growing by the day. There are 80 treatable diseases that can be cured by cord blood.
http://www.cordlife.com/sg/whybankcordblood/whybankcordblood.php?target=whysavecordblood&targe t1=treatablediseases

If you dont already know, there are only 2 players in private cord blood banking in Singapore. So i spent 2 saturdays attending their seminars. Of course, they both claim to be better than the other competitor in the market. So i had to do some research.

Why i chose CordLife:
1. their CordLife Quality Guarantee - It assures you of a cord blood replacement or a compensation of up to US$25,000 if the cord blood loses its viability at the point of transplant.
2. superior Sepax - automated cord blood processing technology
3. AABB accreditation. The ONLY private cord blood bank that has it in SG.
4. They are the only one who has a proven and successful track record.

Check out the Cordlife video:
http://www.cordlife.com/sg/aboutus/videoresource.php?target=singaporetvc

I know most parents think that doing private cord blood banking is EXPENSIVE. Have to spend so much money, when there are so many more things to spend $ on.

You can use the government's Baby Bonus to Pay for it!!! Yippee!!! That's what i did! So no cash out from me at all. Baby Bonus is free money anyway!

Do consider private cord blood banking and if you do so, choose CordLife.
Hi Pixy, i took bus 21 this morning and guess what? It's a CordLife bus. Cool Design.

P4nic

how much is the registration fee for cordlife? and subsequently, how much to pay yearly? how long will this cord thing last? as in, is there any expiry period, say 20yrs later.. it will not works? Oh ya.. can i use medisave to pay for the yearly fee?

lekdao

how much is the registration fee for cordlife? and subsequently, how much to pay yearly? how long will this cord thing last? as in, is there any expiry period, say 20yrs later.. it will not works? Oh ya.. can i use medisave to pay for the yearly fee?

The first year fee is abt $1800++ if not wrong, it includes collection, processing, testing etc, subsequent yearly renewer fee is abt $200+. You can store up to 15 -20 years at this moment or mayb even longer. Sorry you cannot use medisave to pay, but can use baby bonus.

P4nic

cordlife is more ex than stemcord for the registration fee~
i rem there is a voucher booklet from gleneagles which show a discount coupon for stemcord, registration fee at $980.

The first year fee is about $1800++ if not wrong, it includes collection, processing, testing etc, subsequent yearly renewer fee is about $200+. You can store up to 15 -20 years at this moment or mayb even longer. Sorry you cannot use medisave to pay, but can use baby bonus.

PTB7476

cordlife is more ex than stemcord for the registration fee~
i rem there is a voucher booklet from gleneagles which show a discount coupon for stemcord, registration fee at $980.
stem also having roadshowat the coming BB fair this wekend

P4nic

ya ya i be going down to grab a lot of stuffs~
doing all my shopping now.. left 1 mth+ only to go.

PTB7476

ya ya i be going down to grab a lot of stuffs~
doing all my shopping now.. left 1 month+ only to go.
u can also check out stemcord and cordlife there

email from them

Come to BABY EXPO this weekend to enjoy special cord blood banking package! Information is as below:

BABY EXPO 2010
22 - 24 October 2010 (Fri - Sun)
11.00am - 9.00pm
Singapore Expo Hall 6B
FREE Admission

StemCord Cord Blood Banking Package includes:-

ü Cord Blood Banking Enrolment Fee at only $980 (U.P $1280).

ü 1st year storage fee.

ü $50 Rebate Off annual storage fee (one time off)

ü NO UPFRONT Fee as fee can be fully paid by Baby Bonus*.

All prices are before GST.
*Terms & conditions apply

Hurry, sign up at the Fair! Promotion is valid from 22-24 October ONLY.

marmalade

seems like no one knows....i guess i will have to go ask for more details in the baby expo 2011.

i have some preliminary notes based on the seminars that were held in conjuction with talks from the professionals regarding pregnancy etc.

anyone who knows more ?