Sticky Baby

babysg

Hi Mummies, my boy is coming to 10 months old. He refuse to sit in his play yard and walker most of the time. He wants to be carried all the time. How to train him to be more independent? :confused:

baby closet

My baby gal used to be like that, until I send her to those once a week class. She gets to play with other kids. Slowly she's can do without me.

If you have friends or relatives with babies, arrange a get-together with the babies. Let your child expose more to strangers.

babysg

Hi Baby Closet

I intend to send my boy to some classes. This plan was held back for quite some time cos he gets sick easily. U have any good reccomendations? My son loves music.

yeye

dont worry

they have many many phases

let it past... some phases they dont even want you, then u will start asking why kiddo dont want me...
is just a passing phase

charmaine

my gal at 23mths old and attending CC already is still as sticky to me.
reason - she is a BF baby and till now still partial nursing

AugBoyz

maybe separation anxiety?

my son has tt since he was 9mths old. Both me n my hubby have to be by his side watching tv etc. if either of us stands up to go toilet or kitchen he will wail! WAAAIIILLLL till u sit ur butt back next to him *faintz*

But @ 11mths he is better. I can leave him alone in the living area either on the mattress with ALL his toys or him standing at the coffee table. Either way the TV will be on to entertain him thou he dun watch the program (only interested when its advertisements).

As yeye say, its a passing phrase. Why dun u try not to carry him when ever he cries? Instead sit down with him, or hug him n reassure him tt u r there n he dun need to be afraid etc?

charmaine

maybe separation anxiety?

my son has tt since he was 9mths old. Both me n my hubby have to be by his side watching tv etc. if either of us stands up to go toilet or kitchen he will wail! WAAAIIILLLL till u sit ur butt back next to him *faintz*

But @ 11mths he is better. I can leave him alone in the living area either on the mattress with ALL his toys or him standing at the coffee table. Either way the TV will be on to entertain him thou he dun watch the program (only interested when its advertisements).

As yeye say, its a passing phrase. Why dun u try not to carry him when ever he cries? Instead sit down with him, or hug him n reassure him tt u r there n he dun need to be afraid etc?

yes they will experience seperation anxiety
some useful information to share
Separation Anxiety

`julee

as they grow up they will b independant. and then the times that they get reli sticky (and pissing u off) is jus that they jus need a hug and assurance...

jeSsie_Dz

as most have said and i agree wit tat.. it just a way of assurance and a passing phrase.. hope ur boy wil pass thru it fast~~ :)

Ting

my girl now aldy like tt..only gg to 5 mths...like me to carry her arnd...:shyxxx: but no choice...so i always try to make her slp then i can do my own stuffs..hehe.

jaynshar

mine too..my gal is a like a magnet(north pole)..n i m south pole...put her on the floor awhile....she will automatic come bk to me n ask me to carry her...so nw her new nickname is call magnet gal.:001_302:

Ralia

I tot my DS was onli the sticky glue... Hmm, no choice but to train him lorz...I oso entertain him wif lotx of toys when i wana go awy for a while... If nt he will start screaming awy...

Ting

kaipin cant be entertained by toys..she play for like one min? she sian le...n huh, when she in her walker rite, like she in the living room n im in the kitchen where she can see me, she oso will make noise n wan me to be next to her...jialat, she very timid leh.....

Coobabies

My ds is now having separation anxiety. As usual he will WAIL the moment I walk away. Sometimes I do carry him (but not 100%). These days things get tougher as this affects his daytime naps as well. Seeing him crying so badly I just carry him up from his playpen & hug him close. Playing peek a boo does relieve me for a few seconds. Guess it's part of the package of growing up.

Ting

hmmm, coobabies, kaipin oso the same lor...once i walk away she cry le....so sian lor...then i call out to her but she cant see me oso cry leh.....

maine78

ting, coobabies, i also sama sama.. My ds will cry if can't see me. I go toilet also must push his bouncer outside the toilet door so tat he can see me..

stonston

i tink i'm a cruel mummy...i dun go over to carry or or hug my boi immediately...i talk to him first, let him hear my voice, then see my face....usualli he stops after seeing me....
if he dun stop, i will go into play yard with him to play....sometimes will give him a hug....but i try not to carry him too often (partialli cos i also sprained my hand, must refrain fm carrying him until fully recover)....

my maid also does e same n slowly my boi can play alone in his play yard....now he starting to verbalise, he will 'sing' n 'talk' to himself while playing in his play yard :)