Sticky teats

bbyoshi

I have a pair of twin boys. I breastfeed and give them formula milk.

I use NUK rubber latex teats but they get sticky even after washing and sterilizing. Is there a way to remove the stickyness?

uddermummy

Nope, I'm afraid not. I used to use them as well. You have to throw them away when they get sticky.

I used the latex nipples cos they were supposed to be more similar to mummy's nipples but I realised that latex nipples are not that safe for long term use cos there is a likelihood that bbs will ingest some unsafe chemicals from it.

You may want to try silicone nipples if your bbs have no prob with the bottle cos silicone ones are the safest so far.

bbyoshi

Okie thanks... one of my boys is okie with silicone teats but not the other... i think i will have to try to let the other one accept silicone teats then.. if not then no choice.. sigh..

Astar

I threw away countless numbers of latex teats already due to the same problem. My boy does not like the silicon ones, so, poor mummy, hv to keep buying the latex ones.

bbyoshi

I threw away countless numbers of latex teats already due to the same problem. My boy does not like the silicon ones, so, poor mummy, have to keep buying the latex ones.
haha...ya i manage to get my boys to accept silicone teats.. so i threw away the latex teats and change to using silicone ones.. more cost efficient coz with twins everything is double.. cost also double.. sigh...

uddermummy

Take my hat off to you! I'm dying with one girl! How do you manage to cope with 2 bbs? But then again, I suppose they give you double the joy as well. :Dancing_wub:

bbyoshi

haha its very tiring to take care of 2.. they are double work but double the joy and the fun :001_302:

i have a maid to help me. When i go back to work, my mummy will help to take care of them together wif the maid.

Switching them from latex teats to silicone teats wasn't very difficult coz the latex teats were sticky so the boys find it frustrating to suck.. somemore i bought the wrong whole size also... So for the silicone i bought the medium hole teats, as its easier to drink, they are happy to use silicone hehehe :001_302: