Stitches Pain After 9 Days

CherylTan

Hi all mummies,
I just delivered my first baby abt 1 week ago and i still feel v pain below(stitches). Heard frm a friend tht during the 2nd-3rd week it'll be much more painful. Is it true? Cause i thought for the 2nd-3rd week it'll be much better. Any advise?:embarrassed:

xicloudix

u can get ur hubby to buy procanol (spelling dun know correct ma) from phamarcy... its anticeptic... and have slight numbing effect... but of coz when first apply it wll sting a bit...

i think ur friend says that 2nd and 3rd week more painful coz wound is healing and its very very tender.. if u walk big steps or stretch it may pull the skin and thus painful....

try walk less and rest more , that what actually new mummies should do also... coz if walk more.. womb may sag... no gd...

dun worry it will pass very very soon! seeing ur baby u will feel all pain is worth it!

CherylTan

u can get ur hubby to buy procanol (spelling dun know correct ma) from phamarcy... its anticeptic... and have slight numbing effect... but of coz when first apply it wll sting a bit...

i think ur friend says that 2nd and 3rd week more painful coz wound is healing and its very very tender.. if u walk big steps or stretch it may pull the skin and thus painful....

try walk less and rest more , that what actually new mummies should do also... coz if walk more.. womb may sag... no gd...

dun worry it will pass very very soon! seeing ur baby u will feel all pain is worth it!
Hi, thks for the advise! Ya, doctor did give me anticeptic to apply, but it's still v painful. Especially when I sit, stand, etc I can feel the stitches pulling. But it's true indeed, seeing my baby, all the pain is worth it.:)

Lulla

Hi, thks for the advise! Ya, doctor did give me anticeptic to apply, but it's still v painful. Especially when I sit, stand, etc I can feel the stitches pulling. But it's true indeed, seeing my baby, all the pain is worth it.:)
I had 3 C-sections.. IMO.. Dun carry heavy things, try to change the bandage everyday.
Pharmacy like watson do sell the plaster.
Do rest loads :)
Blessing~

MrsNeo

Mine 2 births the stitches pain last for 6 days only..

I wash/rinse it with water every toilet visit or when i feel there's a need..
and wipe it dry after washing too.