stomach pain and diarrhoea during breastfeeding

hi all,

I had diarrhoea and stomach pain for one wk when I m still breastfeeding, seen a doc and he diagnosed it as stomach flu..I took med and antibiotics but still feel stomach discomfort, v worrying and irritated wif the pain..anyone has any cure or some solutions? My mum said its due to wind in my stomach and I took ginger tea hoping to get rid of the wind but dun help too :(

I m worried if this persists, I will feel v unwell n can't continue to breastfeed my kid, but no food seems to help :(

JuzAngel

Stomach flu isn't really a 'flu.' It's gastroenteritis and can be caused by bacteria, a virus, or a parasite which can spread quickly through contaminated food or water. Pay attention to daily hygiene and food preparation & handling. Main symptoms are watery diarrhea and vomiting. Other symptoms are headache, fever, chills, and abdominal pain.

There is no medicine that will kill the stomach flu virus (antibiotics only work against infections caused by bacteria which can destroy both good and bad bacteria).
The good news is that most cases of gastroenteritis go away on their own, especially if caused by a virus. Keep yourself hydrated esp. your are continuing to BF and rest well.

Last edited: