Stop milk at 1 year old?

Ting

Oo izzit?? make me feel guilty when i saw him vomit out the rice... i tot i feed him wrong things cause him indigest then vomit... coz babies usually want milk every 3hrs.. so i tot rice also same around 3 hrs haha
i think feeding rice every 3 hrs is too much for the kid!!! u dont eat one meal every 3 hrs right? O.O"""

megtan

Have you tried offering them the milk or water using beaker? My son loves his beaker very much and would drink eagerly from it. His beaker is not those anti-spill type, but the old school type with three small holes, when we were young we drank ribena those kind. Then sometimes I change to straw cup or just cup for him to drink. I realise that interchanging cups or utensils works for my son when he rejects his food and drink.

My son's milk intake also drop after taking 3 solid meals so I just offer alternatives like yogurt and add calcium rich food like tofu, ikan bilis, broccoli, cheese to his meals. Have not offered him juices, just plain water, but he has taken a great interest to my drink (like green tea!) so sometimes I let him sip a bit lah.

He's now 14 months, I took many months to teach him how to eat more solid food like minced meat, diced veg, initially he will spit out, now he's even willing to eat corn on the cob. Offering finger foods like green peas for him to 'eat/play' helps too. Must be really patient and tolerant coz each meal is a messy affair (have to wash the chair/mop the floor)! He's now into the self-feeding and feeding mummy stage. Imagine the many cups, spoons, finger food (I interchange such that each time only 2 items on this high chair). But I confess I also lose it sometimes when he deliberately plays and not eat.

Breakfast - fresh milk (120ml) + cereal/bread/plain chwee kueh
Mid morning - fresh milk (90ml) + biscuit/cake
Lunch - porridge + fruit/yogurt (1/2hr after)
Mid afternoon - fresh milk (90ml) + biscuit/cake
Dinner - rice with soup/pasta/mee sua +fruit/yogurt (1/2hr after)
Before sleep - direct latch

I offer more smaller meals coz his appetite quite small (since he is small size, only 8.7kg at 13 mths).

Frankly speaking, I get stressed out often but well... what to do.

Last edited: