Stress at Night Caring Baby /Night Nanny?

jannjann

Yup, hopefully the crying will go off soon. I've started using yaolan a few days ago. But only for afternoon naps as I read that yaolan is not good for bb's spinal development. The rocking of the yaolan works initially to stop her crying but after a while, she's immune to it..

lydlydlyd

i am actually against the idea of using pacifier and yao lan but realised i am desperate to ease the crying that anything goes. however he doesnt really wants the pacifier. not sure if yao lan will do the trick? or maybe a bouncer/rocker?

foreveris

I have a 6 weeks old baby and it's been very stressed and tiring taking care of her especially during night time. She tends to be very cranky from 8pm till 2am (i.e. non-stop screaming and crying). Would like to know how other mummies deal with this. My husband and I are thinking of engaging a night nanny. But I understand most nannies will only care for baby during the daytime though. Any Advise?
Is your baby colicky? There are some off the shelf colic drops you can get from pharmacy.. attached is a link to relieve colic..
10 Tips for Comforting Colic | Ask Dr. Sears®
Meanwhile, do you have any relatives who can help you out in the evenings? It seems like you need some help..
Other things I can think off hand is rubbing ru yi oil on bb tummy.. slinging bb in sarong so they feel secured. .

jannjann

Ly - Initially I do not wish to use yaolan and pacifier. But after hearing her screams and pleas, no choice. Have to use pacifier. Now the pacifier is her best friend. Lol.

I always use Ruyi oil whenever I change her diapers. Sometimes switched to baoxing oil cos heard from my colleague its better. But to me, both are the same. Bb still cries. Tried gripe water too. Probably it's really a passing phase. One which I hope will go off soon.

lydlydlyd

Hello mummies, so far any improvement? My situation is getting worse *sob sob* now at 5th week and he's starting to cry until almost 2am. I am very exhausted from the non stop carrying. He wouldn't even let me sit down and even standing up and walking around doesn't really help. Hubby is getting frustrated and losing his patience already. I kept reminding myself this is a passing phase but its hard. Have been taking care of him after midnight for his night feeds. It's only less than a week but I am starting to get bad migraine from the lack of rest plus stress.

Hello mummies, so far any improvement? My situation is getting worse *sob sob* now at 5th week and he's starting to cry until almost 2am. I am very exhausted from the non stop carrying. He wouldn't even let me sit down and even standing up and walking around doesn't really help. Hubby is getting frustrated and losing his patience already. I kept reminding myself this is a passing phase but its hard. Have been taking care of him after midnight for his night feeds. It's only less than a week but I am starting to get bad migraine from the lack of rest plus stress.

Hi everyone, have been a silent reader in this forum until now.

I gather that most of you facing this issue are first-time parents? I can totally understand what you are going through becos my first baby (gal) was so fussy and really stressed everyone out. Every night cry non stop and had to resort put her on our chest and pat her to sleep and then only she will be peacefully asleep. This lasted for at least till 3-4 months for us so hubby and I took turns to cradle her to sleep.

Similar to all the other suggestions, tried everything from swaddling to rubbing ruyi oil but still cannot work. I finally concluded that my gal was basically just a very cranky and needy baby as she was well fed and growing very well otherwise.

Really, you just need to ride it out and try and catch whatever sleep you can during the daytime or whenever baby is asleep.
And remember, try to stay calm (i know it can be hard) because baby can sense our moods and when we feel tense, they become even more 'mang zhang' (frustrated) and cry more. Once you gain confidence, you will find that 'taming' the baby becomes easier. True enough, my second kid was a bliss because we were more experienced by then.

Do be supportive to your spouse and vice versa as it can be daunting especially for first-time parents.

Bearygum

lydlydlyd:765916 said:
Hi Ly, besides your hubby, are u able to get someone to help? just an hour or two will release you from the stress. otherwise, you might consider to engage a helper or nanny if u start to feel that u are under pressure.

I am rocking my baby now with a rocker while writing this message. Probably i will need to continue until 11 plus. If i stop, she will wake up. Hubby still at work .....:(

Ah Cheng

My baby also 6wks old, also cranky baby who likes to be carry all the time. Does your baby keep sleeping whole day? My baby sleeps alot, but once open his eyes, he wants to be carry, otherwise he will start crying!! Is ur baby like that too?

lydlydlyd

My baby also 6wks old, also cranky baby who likes to be carry all the time. Does your baby keep sleeping whole day? My baby sleeps alot, but once open his eyes, he wants to be carry, otherwise he will start crying!! Is ur baby like that too?
my baby does sleep more during the day compared to evening timing to midnight. he seems more aware of his surrounding now so will also want us to talk to him and keep him company. but from 7 pm onwards, we will need to do alot of carrying and deal with the crying... all the way to 1am at least. i have since moved back to my parents place so that there's some help rather than just me and hub during the witching hour..

lydlydlyd

Hi everyone, have been a silent reader in this forum until now.

I gather that most of you facing this issue are first-time parents? I can totally understand what you are going through becos my first baby (gal) was so fussy and really stressed everyone out. Every night cry non stop and had to resort put her on our chest and pat her to sleep and then only she will be peacefully asleep. This lasted for at least till 3-4 months for us so hubby and I took turns to cradle her to sleep.

Similar to all the other suggestions, tried everything from swaddling to rubbing ruyi oil but still cannot work. I finally concluded that my gal was basically just a very cranky and needy baby as she was well fed and growing very well otherwise.

Really, you just need to ride it out and try and catch whatever sleep you can during the daytime or whenever baby is asleep.
And remember, try to stay calm (i know it can be hard) because baby can sense our moods and when we feel tense, they become even more 'mang zhang' (frustrated) and cry more. Once you gain confidence, you will find that 'taming' the baby becomes easier. True enough, my second kid was a bliss because we were more experienced by then
Do be supportive to your spouse and vice versa as it can be daunting especially for first-time parents.
h
thanks for the encouragement. many have been telling me to rest when baby is resting but it's' hard as he feeds every 2 hourly. by time i am done with the feed and with the washing of bottles, its time for next feed again. nt to mention i havevto squeeze in time to pump in between as he's on ebm.

h
thanks for the encouragement. many have been telling me to rest when baby is resting but it's' hard as he feeds every 2 hourly. by time i am done with the feed and with the washing of bottles, its time for next feed again. not to mention i havevto squeeze in time to pump in between as he's on ebm.

Totally understand. This is exactly what I went through the first time. Are you able to try latching on instead of expressing? This will 'save' some time.
And is there anyone who can help you during the day so you can at least take a breather?
Lastly, have you considered trying a different bottle teat to see if can reduce the colicky behaviour?

hang on in there ...

yukiben

it will be over soon. mine was like that. now he's 4mths old. stopped all fussiness at 3rd mth. bring him for a walk outside. need to understand what your baby needs. rest or milk or just nothing. bear with it & it'll be gone soon. my routine for him is to bath at evening, take a nap at 7pm till 8pm. play till 9plus, milk n sleep. set up a routine. don't give up. still wake up few times in the night but used to it already. love is very important. forget the anger.