Stretchmarks!!

Basha

I've been having an itchy tummy recently (now into my 28th week) but I refrained myself from scratching to prevent stretchmarks...all i did was to just rub my tummy...BUT recently on my left bottom side there seem to be 3 short dark lines which looks like stretch marks... :( Anyone had dis experience...?

Any creams to apply to make the marks fade...?? Arrgghhh just hate it coz been refraining frm scratching yet it still happens....

joeichen

Can it also fade away the marks that I mentioned...? Where can i get it...?
Actually dun really know the marks u mention izzit stretch marks but do u use anti stretch mark cream? if yes, thr is a possibility that it could b pigementation.

LayPeng

i did not use stretch mark cream when i start pregnancy. now my baby already few mths , will the stretch mark gone if i start use now?

joeichen

i did not use stretch mark cream when i start pregnancy. now my baby already few mths , will the stretch mark gone if i start use now?
Oh no..... tat dun sound gd..... U can try using stretch mark remover but b prepare it will nt b fast and will nt fully remove, can only lighten if urs is really stretch marks.
If pigementation then with 6-12 mths will fade off.

Basha

Actually dun really know the marks u mention izzit stretch marks but do u use anti stretch mark cream? if yes, thr is a possibility that it could b pigementation.
I nvr use any stretctmark cream since i do not have any marks...just a normal body lotion that was applied daily on my tummy & body...its been abt 2weeks that these marks were there...if pigmentation, how to get rid or make it fade? Any idea?

joeichen

I nvr use any stretctmark cream since i do not have any marks...just a normal body lotion that was applied daily on my tummy & body...its been abt 2weeks that these marks were there...if pigmentation, how to get rid or make it fade? Any idea?
If u are only using normal lotion then try to apply twice a day unless ur tummy is really small.
Stretchmark normally only appear during the slimming time when ur skin start to tighten to normal.
If u have given birth and the marks r like just black patch (like nvr clean properly), not lines then normally r pigmentation which will fade off later abt 6-12mths.

Basha

If u are only using normal lotion then try to apply twice a day unless ur tummy is really small.
Stretchmark normally only appear during the slimming time when ur skin start to tighten to normal.
If u have given birth and the marks r like just black patch (like nvr clean properly), not lines then normally r pigmentation which will fade off later abt 6-12mths.
oic...I'm into my 28weeks prgnancy dear..guess i'll start to use the Stretchmark cream as of now to avoid any marks during the slimming tym aftr birth..Anyway, thx for ur advise! (",)

joeichen

If u feel itchy, try not to scratch just rub coz i dun have stretch marks but got scratch mark...... if u feel itchy is normally bcoz ur skin is dry while stretch so olive oil may help.

newbie2009

Any mum know how to prevent stretch marks? Is there any medication that we can apply? Is it harmful to the baby?

Btw does olive oil really help for scratch marks?

joeichen

Any mum know how to prevent stretch marks? Is there any medication that we can apply? Is it harmful to the baby?

Btw does olive oil really help for scratch marks?
Most stretchmark cream u find r to prevent stretchmark but of coz u have to be hardworking. Try to apply 2 times a day, olive oil is like a add on to prevent skin from feelin dry. I have got very big tummy during my 1st pregnancy but no stretchmark at all. Those stretchmark cream will not harm bb but make sure u find something u r suitable.

newbie2009

Most stretchmark cream u find r to prevent stretchmark but of coz u have to be hardworking. Try to apply 2 times a day, olive oil is like a add on to prevent skin from feelin dry. I have got very big tummy during my 1st pregnancy but no stretchmark at all. Those stretchmark cream will not harm bb but make sure u find something u r suitable.
Thank you for the advise. might drop by ntuc to look for olive oil and watson for the stretch mark cream. btw why is it why should not scratch our dry tummy? bcoz will get scratch mark?

joeichen

Thank you for the advise. might drop by ntuc to look for olive oil and watson for the stretch mark cream. btw why is it why should not scratch our dry tummy? bcoz will get scratch mark?
Ya. I got that..... haiz..... scratch too hard liao but lucky not alot n not deep so was hoping can lighten the scar

newbie2009

Ya. I got that..... haiz..... scratch too hard liao but lucky not alot n not deep so was hoping can lighten the scar
how does scratch mark diff from stretch marks? how do you differentiate them? do we need to apply alot of olive oil when we apply for the dry skin? will it make the place very oily? pardon me. 1st time MTB, ignorant about alot of things.

joeichen

how does scratch mark diff from stretch marks? how do you differentiate them? do we need to apply alot of olive oil when we apply for the dry skin? will it make the place very oily? pardon me. 1st time MTB, ignorant about alot of things.

Scratch marks r like scars but stretchmark r lines, cracks on skins. Depend on the olive oil u use. I use body shop 1 which absord in pretty fast m when my legs swells my skins r also dry so the oil helps alot too. Dun wori we all have our 1st time, I oso ask around during my 1st time. Me going off line liao, mayb u can PM me or msn me tazcxh@hotmail.com

newbie2009

Scratch marks r like scars but stretchmark r lines, cracks on skins. Depend on the olive oil u use. I use body shop 1 which absord in pretty fast m when my legs swells my skins r also dry so the oil helps alot too. Dun wori we all have our 1st time, I oso ask around during my 1st time. Me going off line liao, mayb u can PM me or msn me tazcxh@hotmail.com
thanx for the advise. will try to go down to body shop to look for the oil u are referring to.

khaosan

I started using coco butter when i'm in weeks 9 (abit early rite), then i develop rashes on the areas I applied after 2weeks... My sister used coco butter when she's pregnant and it seems fine for her unlike me.

So it's all depends. When I asked my Gynae, he said in 2 out of 3 people who use coco will develop rashes...

Right now, i only use johnson baby lotion... in weeks 16 now, so not much stretching yet (maybe I'm a plumb girl so still got fats to stretch).. ^_^

joeichen

I started using coco butter when i'm in weeks 9 (abit early rite), then i develop rashes on the areas I applied after 2weeks... My sister used coco butter when she's pregnant and it seems fine for her unlike me.

So it's all depends. When I asked my Gynae, he said in 2 out of 3 people who use coco will develop rashes...

Right now, i only use johnson baby lotion... in weeks 16 now, so not much stretching yet (maybe I'm a plumb girl so still got fats to stretch).. ^_^
U can consider the Mothercare brand, I didnt try coco butter coz cant std the smell. Alot of my frenz like this brand alot compare to coco butter.
Me also start very early using stretchmark cream, u will not really see the marks till after given birth. But thr r some ppl can see the marks during pregnancy.