Sudden Reduction of Milk intake

sanjing07

Alpha Male
hi, I am a newbie here.

My boy is 8 wks old. I have been feeding him 125ml since his 4th week, every 3 hours. He was growin well. Recently, we see that his appetite drops. He will drinks to about 80-100ml and he stops, mainly coz he is too tired. Last time, he used to wake up abt 15 min later to finish the rest. Now, he doesnt.

Coincidentially, we introduce pacifier to try to let him sleep better at night. I am not sure if this is the cause.

Anyone can share their experience?

autumn82

hi, I am a newbie here.

My boy is 8 wks old. I have been feeding him 125ml since his 4th week, every 3 hours. He was growin well. Recently, we see that his appetite drops. He will drinks to about 80-100ml and he stops, mainly coz he is too tired. Last time, he used to wake up about 15 min later to finish the rest. Now, he doesnt.

Coincidentially, we introduce pacifier to try to let him sleep better at night. I am not sure if this is the cause.

Could it be the teat too small? He suck until tired? :001_302:

snowbear

hi, I am a newbie here.

My boy is 8 wks old. I have been feeding him 125ml since his 4th week, every 3 hours. He was growin well. Recently, we see that his appetite drops. He will drinks to about 80-100ml and he stops, mainly coz he is too tired. Last time, he used to wake up about 15 min later to finish the rest. Now, he doesnt.

How do u know that he's too tired that's why he's not drinking as much?

sanjing07

Alpha Male
I tried using a teat with a bigger flow but seems like he has problem controlling it and spill all over...

I am not sure if he is too tired, but he falls asleep, and refuse to open his mouth when I offer him milk... previously i burp him for a break and it works... nowadays it doesnt, he falls str to sleep... sigh...

autumn82

I tried using a teat with a bigger flow but seems like he has problem controlling it and spill all over...

I am not sure if he is too tired, but he falls asleep, and refuse to open his mouth when I offer him milk... previously i burp him for a break and it works... nowadays it doesnt, he falls str to sleep... sigh...
Can try using the current size teat, poke a few more holes wif sterlised needles since the next size is too big for him at the moment. That's what I did to Iggy too when the next available size is too big for him to handle. :001_302: