Sudden Start of Night Feed

Hi Mummies,

My 9 months old has slept through the night without night feed since 3 months old (we didn't train him, he just literally slept through..he will milk tank before the long rest at 9pm every night.).

However, since he started semi solid at 6 months, he has been waking up fpr night feed. Worst, when I have my menses. :embarrassed: Now, here's another problem for me, my milk flow have been declining since I started to have menses last month. :embarrassed:

(Aside from my problems. We still feed him with bm through out the whole day + 2 semi solid meals + snacks in between meals. He is one who enjoys food a lot, so will eats a good bowl portion every time.)

Any mummies having the same problem and had managed to resolve it without giving fm or weaning off? I just wish to bf him for another 3 months before I wean him off.

lyra

Did u latch him on or pump exclusively? U can latch him on to stimulate supply. The more he latch, the more supply will come back. That's the best way.
Or u can try to feed him more food before bed time, pretty much like tanking him up with milk previously before he starts the solids.

How envious I am! My toddler still wakes up for night feeds and he does that since birth. He usually only wants comfort sucking so even if my milk supply drops due to pregnancy now, it doesn't matter as he doesn't exactly wants to drink lots of milk, only wants that comfort and warmth of mummy. Maybe ur baby also doesn't really wants milk but wants to latch on to u and be comforted?

Hi Lyra

I usually latched on and had fed him more food before his bed time. Plus, dream feed him before I turn in every night. Some nights work while other nights don't...really at a lost. :(